Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Anderson

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Re: Kyle Anderson

Post by jodaman01 »

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:45 am
jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:22 am
j2j wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:02 am KAT/Naz/Kessler
Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
Ant/Beasley/Nowell/Bolmaro
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Depth order not important. Naz, Beasley, + FRP for a someone like Myles Turner makes a lot of sense for us depth-wise. Though hurts our shooting, no pun intended.
Vando can go in that trade as well. If you are penciling Anderson in a PF.

Connelly needs to do a trade using the pieces above and I would throw either NAZ or V8 in that deal. Anderson will bring so much more offense to that roll, but not the rebounding. Which is more important? The right answer is you get a real PF that can address both and Connelly knows it, look at how he addressed PF in Denver and had quality athletic bigs.

If Connelly doesn’t get a starting PF, IMO he will have failed, just like Rosas before him. He will have come in and basically moved deck chairs around a pool where there is no pool.

“We need to get bigger”….so he drafts a skinny rookie who is tall and will get his ass kicked on a nightly basis and a million fouls called on him because he is a rookie. Other than than that….signed NAZ and Knight.

It’s fucking ridiculous.
You might need to up your blood pressure medication.
I’ll take a “spoken interlude” instead:

Ah
Yeah, we're running a little bit hot tonight
I can barely see the road from the heat coming off it, I say
I reach down between my legs and
Ease the seat back

Oddly I feel a little better.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Depth order not important. Naz, Beasley, + FRP for a someone like Myles Turner makes a lot of sense for us depth-wise. Though hurts our shooting, no pun intended.
Enough minutes available for Vando, Anderson, McDaniels and Prince? hmm... especially if say they kept starting Ant with Pat Bev and DLo?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
j2j

Post by j2j »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 am
Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Enough minutes available for Vando, Anderson, McDaniels and Prince? hmm... especially if say they kept starting Ant with Pat Bev and DLo?
That's my thinking. Doesnt feel like theres enough minutes to play their dudes, as well as get time for McDaniels, Beasley, Anderson, Nowell, and the rookies. Consolidating some of the lesser needed guys for 1 better seems important now.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
shuttlesworth

Post by shuttlesworth »

More praise for the Kyle Anderson signing:

https://theathletic.com/3394521/2022/07 ... cy-sixers/
John Hollinger wrote: Thumbs up: Kyle Anderson to the Timberwolves (two years, $18 million)

Hats off to Minnesota for what was hands down the best deal of the first day. Anderson’s BORD$ value is more than double the annual value of this contract, and there’s a good reason. While he’s not much of a shooter, “Slo-Mo” is a plus in nearly every other category, and especially as a defender.

That’s the valuation side, but the fit is even more of a win. Anderson can clog the offense when paired with other non-shooters, but playing next to the league’s best-shooting center and three guards who can let it rip from deep, he should be a major plus with his loping slashes to the cup. Anderson is also a major upgrade for a team that struggled on defense last season and lacked quality at both forward spots.

Meanwhile, it was a rough day for Memphis at the power forward spot. The Grizzlies had an all-timer of a news dump when they announced just before free agency tipped off that Jaren Jackson, Jr. needed surgery for a stress fracture and would be out for several months, and then Slo-Mo – who had so capably filled in for Jackson during his relatively frequent injury absences – bolted for Minnesota hours later.

Oddly, the Grizzlies will have 16 players under contract once they ink rookies Jake LaRavia, David Roddy and Kennedy Chandler, after also agreeing to re-sign Tyus Jones. Once they presumably waive the injured Danny Green, they’ll be about $5 million under the cap despite having a full roster and being a likely contender in the West. One possible use for this money: A renegotiate-and-extend for the expiring $11.4 million deal of Dillon Brooks.

Bill Simmons Podcast at 48:01 wrote: Simmons: [The Grizzlies] lose Slo-mo to Minnesota, who I think is our Day 1 winner just because most of these guys re-signed. Slo-mo is a perfect - perfect - for Minnesota, and they kept Prince too. So the foundation is there but they need to figure out the Russell piece. But did you like Anderson as much as I did to Minnesota?

Rob Mahoney: I like that fit a lot, and we get our first defection in the Minnesota-Grizzlies rivalry, which is not to be discounted, but I really like the fit there a lot. Slo-mo is a guy who's such a particular taste as a player. You really have to have the right infrastructure for him. But someone like Towns next to him is such a perfect fit. I really like what he could give them in terms of some of the connective tissue, where I feel like that's a team that's always in need of a little bit more playmaking, and I hope that Anthony Edwards gets over the hump. I don't think D'Angelo Russell has the burst that they need to be a playmaking hub for them in the way that need all the time. But Anderson's gonna help with a lot of that stuff just facilitating for them.

[Simmons then goes on to propose a disgusting Russell-for-Conley/Clarkson trade]
Mr. Brightside

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Mr. Brightside wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:02 pm Feels like this is a precursor to a DLo move. Wonder if it’s seriously Gobert.

Wolves have been linked to essentially every big imaginable and it’s obvious at this point they are shopping DLo and Beasley. What if those 2 and a pick go to Utah for Gobert. Bev and Ant will do most of the initiating on offense. Anderson has experience initiating as well with his unique skill set. McLaughlin has shown he can handle some of those duties too.

Just thinking out loud. Might be a little unorthodox way to take care of the “point guard” duties but I could see it. Roster needs to be balanced out and it seems as if Connelly wants to go big game hunting. Would be an immense change.
Right player. Wrong package.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i had to go back 18 pages but i found a thread dedicated to KA. anyways here's an article. let's hope that he reverts to the mean.

Timberwolves' Kyle Anderson 'ready to knock them down' after early-season struggles
Opponents have noticed Anderson's hesitancy to shoot outside, and it has affected the Wolves' offense. But he hit two key shots from outside Thursday, and he says more are coming.

Kyle Anderson found himself open in the left corner with the ball on a pass from point guard Mike Conley in the fourth quarter of Thursday's 118-110 Timberwolves win over the Mavericks,

This wasn't an accident. As Anderson has struggled or been reluctant to shoot from the outside, teams are not bothering to guard him on the perimeter, daring him to shoot if he so chooses.

On Thursday, he decided to pull the trigger, and he hit a 21-footer with 9 minutes, 43 seconds remaining. Anderson's foot was on the three-point line, making the bucket a long two, but that seemed like a weight lifted for Anderson.

It was a consequential make, as it gave the Wolves only a six-point lead.

Two possessions later, Anderson found himself in the same situation. A pass from Conley hit him wide open in the left corner. This time Anderson was behind the three-point line, and he drained it.

"Just try to knock it down when I'm left open," Anderson said. "And it felt good to go in tonight."

That make lifted his three-point percentage on the season from 9.1% to 13%. He has never been a high volume three-point shooter, and coach Chris Finch emphasized that the Wolves don't expect him to be.

"We tell Kyle all the time, 'You weren't brought here to make threes,'" Finch said. "But we want him to stay confident in his shot. So, it's also part of the overall kind of puzzle we got to figure out."

Anderson's hesitancy to take open shots has been noticeable this season, especially by Wolves opponents, who haven't bothered to guard him out there. Last season, they had to respect Anderson's shot because he made 41% of his 1.5 attempts per game, and he knows that just because he made a few outside shots Thursday, teams aren't going to change their scouting reports.

"The Lakers are going to come in [Saturday] and allow me to shoot the ones in the corner, so I've got to knock them down," Anderson said. "I've got to get to a point where it's proven. I'm ready to knock them down. I knocked them down tonight. I'm ready to shoot. I told Mike and Ant [Anthony Edwards], 'Trust me.' I've been putting in the work, so I'm ready to knock them down."

Anderson still remains an essential part of the Wolves' rotation this season thanks to his playmaking abilities as a ball handler and his defense. His defensive rating of 105.1 is the best of any Wolves player who sees regular minutes, even Rudy Gobert.

Finch ascribed some of Anderson's early-season inconsistencies on offense to a change in position. Last season, after Karl-Anthony Towns' calf injury, Anderson played a heavy dose of the four. This season, with the Wolves deploying two of Gobert, Towns and Naz Reid at any given time, Anderson has had to downshift to the three, and figuring out how to navigate around the two-big lineups has been a challenge for him.

"With our personnel it's tough to find minutes at the four, where I'm most effective," Anderson said. "But I think I can do a good job at the three. Just being out there with two bigs is a little different as opposed to being the second big out there like last year. It's been an adjustment. I think I'm finally getting used to it and figuring out how to play with Naz and Rudy or Naz and KAT, or things like that. It was tough at first."

His offensive rating is just 107.5, the lowest of any Wolves player who currently sees regular minutes. The Wolves offense doesn't quite function as seamlessly as it did last season with Anderson on the floor. But if he can make shots again as he did a season ago, defenses will have to respect it and open things for his teammates.

"I think Finchy puts me in the game for being a playmaker, guarding guys, making the right play," Anderson said. "But in order to be in the game, you gotta be able to knock those down wide open. Glad to see the work paid off today."
j-one

Post by j-one »

KA hit a couple of key shots last night and but I don't think he has it figured out. Watching this season and last night in warm ups, it looks like he now has a hitch in his stroke that reminds me of Charles Barkley on a golf course.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

all he has to do is be close to his career average from 3 and it would be a big boon. hes ~33% shooter from 3 in his career, which includes his abysmal 13% this year. he was 41% last year which was a clear anomoly, but if he can just hit 30% or so its at least not a "I can ignore him from beyond 20 ft" for defense.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

j-one wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:05 am KA hit a couple of key shots last night and but I don't think he has it figured out. Watching this season and last night in warm ups, it looks like he now has a hitch in his stroke that reminds me of Charles Barkley on a golf course.
He has the moniker of Slo mo for a reason but he seems to be questioning everything in the offensive end now. It's like his rhythm and instincts are all being affected by his inability to shoot threes.

It would be nice to see him act decisively from the moment he touches the ball once in a while.
Ketchup can be nuancy
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

He could play better - but, all in all, an 8/10/3 line from a backup F in a win - a player, incidentally, who has the best defensive rating on the team - KA wasn't the reason last night's game was way closer than it needed to be. That dubious honor falls to KAT, who just didn't show up - and was facing the likes of a hobbled Derrick Lively, Grant Williams and Dwight Powell. KAT played nothing like the All Star he's supposed to be.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

To many times he clogs the possession then passes out at 4 to a player put in a really tough spot. It reminds me of Mike Miller, and that is no compliment. I do like him in the free throw line middle post to facilitate, rather than in a motion offense on the perimeter. When in the post, he passes well and he does seem comfortable and effective at the baby hooks in the lane.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:51 pm He could play better - but, all in all, an 8/10/3 line from a backup F in a win - a player, incidentally, who has the best defensive rating on the team - KA wasn't the reason last night's game was way closer than it needed to be. That dubious honor falls to KAT, who just didn't show up - and was facing the likes of a hobbled Derrick Lively, Grant Williams and Dwight Powell. KAT played nothing like the All Star he's supposed to be.
I thought he was kinda awful last night. Team worst -11 and while I appreciate the strong D and rebounds, his fear of shooting hurts the team.

Kat man was absolute horseshit last night. Haven't seen him play that poorly/stupidly since the Wolves W over Boston.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:36 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:51 pm He could play better - but, all in all, an 8/10/3 line from a backup F in a win - a player, incidentally, who has the best defensive rating on the team - KA wasn't the reason last night's game was way closer than it needed to be. That dubious honor falls to KAT, who just didn't show up - and was facing the likes of a hobbled Derrick Lively, Grant Williams and Dwight Powell. KAT played nothing like the All Star he's supposed to be.
I thought he was kinda awful last night. Team worst -11 and while I appreciate the strong D and rebounds, his fear of shooting hurts the team.

Kat man was absolute horseshit last night. Haven't seen him play that poorly/stupidly since the Wolves W over Boston.
but jimi - you never have anything good to say about KA. he's perhaps #1 on your glass half full shit list - so that may impact things. you know what i liked about his game - and i think this often happens in the final frame - he's part of the picture why we win. he's just not out there taking up space. 4th quarter last night he dominated the glass - 7 rebounds in the final frame. that's huge in terms of keeping us in control and not letting them back in it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Still some warts on this team, that's for sure.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Watching him recently, it certainly appears as he's gaining some level of confidence back. It's been a struggle for him.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:06 pm

but jimi - you never have anything good to say about KA. he's perhaps #1 on your glass half full shit list - so that may impact things. you know what i liked about his game - and i think this often happens in the final frame - he's part of the picture why we win. he's just not out there taking up space. 4th quarter last night he dominated the glass - 7 rebounds in the final frame. that's huge in terms of keeping us in control and not letting them back in it.
The thing with him that caught my eye last night were two plays specifically, and they were both really bad turnovers. It threw me because they were so glaringly bad, and he's typically smart enough to NOT do what he tried to.

But the more I thought about it, those two plays that were made with ease last year- getting the ball into Gobert when he had clear position - are much higher risk with everyone sagging off him into the paint. Last year he'd have just let it fly, but now his reluctance is so bad that he's forcing it because he really doesn't want to shoot the thing.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

KA always has made mistakes--last year too. but finch trusts his "swiss army knife" game and he's going to be the first option playing important minutes after the starters. didn't he take some minutes that KAT normally gets last night in the 4th quarter? that's what i remember.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:06 pm

You’re probably right. My main complaints were when he was on the floor with Shake. That should never happen again.

I do recognize and try to appreciate the positives that he brings to the floor. It’s his fear of shooting this year that I can’t get past.

Part of me understands that the more a team plays together, the better they become as a unit. So I get the mindset of working through this. Another part of me is ready to see what a player like Minott, Miller, or Garza could do if given regular minutes off the bench.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

I think Miller or Garza are going to replace him. That said, we really don't know what value he brings to the team as a veteran leader. He seems to carry some of that role when I'm watching. I would be fine with trading him for some sort of future asset or a decent backup pg, but when we are a number 1 seeded team I really don't want to rock the boat very much either.
I made this!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

He's kind of tough, a little chippy, seems to be a good part of the team's tougher attitude - and there's a reason Finch often trusts him to close out games. I'd only move him for a good PG - and when I look at the Knicks trade today - I think we could have gotten Quickley for him.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

I hate to say it because I do like him, but he needs to be moved. He just doesn't fit the roster right now.

They need a guard that can space the floor.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

What on Earth happened to the Kyle Anderson from alst year??
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:06 pm What on Earth happened to the Kyle Anderson from alst year??
hsi eyes. thnik he got dilsexia.

actually, on a serious note. i think it's a combo of eye injury/bad shooting snowballing into lack of confidence in shooting. he's playing 5 mins less per game this year because Karl is back and so much of his PT last year came at the 4 replacing Karl. if you look at the bulk of his stats on a per 36 basis, he's not hitting the mark - but he's also not far off. all within reason and don't raise any red flags. where he IS far off is in his shooting - just really has gone in the crapper. it also seems like he's passing up shot after shot this year that he used to take - but even that isn't entirely correct. last year per 36 attempts per game was 9.1 - this season it's 8.8. Virtually the same. On threes, last season per 36 he attempted 1.9 - this season it's down to 1.2. so it's down. but the point i'll make is that even last year when he was playing well, he didn't attempt many threes. 1.9 per 36 hardly moves the needle. final point - and he's mentioned this, is that he's playing almost exclusively at SF this year - working with two other bigs. Last year, he was a PF - and one of the two bigs. He's been quite upfront stating that he prefers last year's model - sees himself now as mostly a 4 - but is aware that that's just not going to be the system this season. So it's a bit of this and that - eye injury/playing out of position/confidence loss due to both factors.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:42 pm I hate to say it because I do like him, but he needs to be moved. He just doesn't fit the roster right now.

i don't want to move Kyle for a shooter like Doug McDermott. Kyle does virtually everything better than Doug except shooting. Not that we don't need the shooting, but get ready for less playmaking, less rebounding, less ballhandling, less defense - especially in closing moments. if we were to pick up McDermott for KA. Is there a possibility he just gets bought out and we have the space to add him on an end of year deal as an FA? we have an open roster spot.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:11 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:06 pm What on Earth happened to the Kyle Anderson from alst year??
hsi eyes. thnik he got dilsexia.

actually, on a serious note. i think it's a combo of eye injury/bad shooting snowballing into lack of confidence in shooting. he's playing 5 mins less per game this year because Karl is back and so much of his PT last year came at the 4 replacing Karl. if you look at the bulk of his stats on a per 36 basis, he's not hitting the mark - but he's also not far off. all within reason and don't raise any red flags. where he IS far off is in his shooting - just really has gone in the crapper. it also seems like he's passing up shot after shot this year that he used to take - but even that isn't entirely correct. last year per 36 attempts per game was 9.1 - this season it's 8.8. Virtually the same. On threes, last season per 36 he attempted 1.9 - this season it's down to 1.2. so it's down. but the point i'll make is that even last year when he was playing well, he didn't attempt many threes. 1.9 per 36 hardly moves the needle. final point - and he's mentioned this, is that he's playing almost exclusively at SF this year - working with two other bigs. Last year, he was a PF - and one of the two bigs. He's been quite upfront stating that he prefers last year's model - sees himself now as mostly a 4 - but is aware that that's just not going to be the system this season. So it's a bit of this and that - eye injury/playing out of position/confidence loss due to both factors.
Whatever it is, it's sad. Kyle's defense is still there but my god the man is lost on offense this year. I keep wanting to give him second chances...because last year he showed what he was capable of and he was GREAT last year in his role...but man it's been rough. Still a long season ahead of us so hopefully he can get his head out of his ass.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

there's much to complain about with his play - but he doesn't really get kudoes from anyone for the good things he does well. the other night in a win - 7 rebounds in the fourth quarter? that's huge in helping us nail that game shut. also the other night, three passes in a row for guys cutting to the basket for dunks in the fourth quarter. not everyone nails those passes. AND... at least up to a couple days ago, on our number one D, he was the highest rated defender - ahead of both Jaden and Rudy. so i'll dispute the "get his head out of his ass" remark. i think he's mostly having trouble shooting and adjusting to the 3, and maybe some eyesight shit. he could definitely be better. but he's also become the de facto fall guy here.

I'll give you my fall guy - Jaden. we just paid him a lot of money - we invested trust into him going forward - and he's scoring barely over 10 ppg, 2.2 rpg and 1.1 apg. It's great to have the D - but i think we're expecting more than that, right? For $136M/5yrs, we are expecting a lot more than Matisse Thybulle, right? I know that preseason froobs were projecting him to be a 15-18 ppg player. not happening in the slightest - in fact, the ppg needle is moving backwards. The rebounding is marginal at best - the assists nearly non-existent.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

they all agree that the four is his best position.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:08 pm there's much to complain about with his play - but he doesn't really get kudoes from anyone for the good things he does well. the other night in a win - 7 rebounds in the fourth quarter? that's huge in helping us nail that game shut. also the other night, three passes in a row for guys cutting to the basket for dunks in the fourth quarter. not everyone nails those passes. AND... at least up to a couple days ago, on our number one D, he was the highest rated defender - ahead of both Jaden and Rudy. so i'll dispute the "get his head out of his ass" remark. i think he's mostly having trouble shooting and adjusting to the 3, and maybe some eyesight shit. he could definitely be better. but he's also become the de facto fall guy here.

I'll give you my fall guy - Jaden. we just paid him a lot of money - we invested trust into him going forward - and he's scoring barely over 10 ppg, 2.2 rpg and 1.1 apg. It's great to have the D - but i think we're expecting more than that, right? For $136M/5yrs, we are expecting a lot more than Matisse Thybulle, right? I know that preseason froobs were projecting him to be a 15-18 ppg player. not happening in the slightest - in fact, the ppg needle is moving backwards. The rebounding is marginal at best - the assists nearly non-existent.
Has the D even been that great for Jaden? I’ve seen him make some plays, but perimeter guys have been torching us lately. Eye test says he’s taken a step back from last year, but I’m not sure if numbers bear that out or not.

One thing about Anderson that’s problematic for me is that teams just don’t guard him more than 10’ from the basket. That’s a major problem. There are a million reasons why our turnovers are so high and it’s not all on Anderson by any stretch and a lot of them happen when he’s not even on the floor. All that is granted. But he makes it so much harder to operate offensively by not shooting. The space other guys have to operate shrinks. We get worse shots and more turnovers, often that don’t show up on Anderson’s statline. And if he’s out there with Rudy, forget about it. Disaster time for spacing. Sometimes we’re able to overcome it because a couple of our scorers can do special things, but I can’t imagine how that’s going to work in a playoff series if Anderson doesn’t figure out the shooting bit.

He does do a lot of little things, but right now he’s making everyone else’s job a lot harder. On offense, anyway. You have to be at least a semi-reasonable threat to hit a shot from the outside to be effective offensively in his role on this team.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I will add though that the notion of a “fall guy” on a 24-8 team is a little silly. Everyone has contributed in some way.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:20 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:42 pm I hate to say it because I do like him, but he needs to be moved. He just doesn't fit the roster right now.

i don't want to move Kyle for a shooter like Doug McDermott. Kyle does virtually everything better than Doug except shooting. Not that we don't need the shooting, but get ready for less playmaking, less rebounding, less ballhandling, less defense - especially in closing moments. if we were to pick up McDermott for KA. Is there a possibility he just gets bought out and we have the space to add him on an end of year deal as an FA? we have an open roster spot.
I think it’s more likely McDermott gets bought out and just signs here. Aren’t there rules about players resigning with teams that just traded them away? Maybe not…

- Isaac Asimov