Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Anderson

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Mr. Brightside

Re: Kyle Anderson

Post by Mr. Brightside »

Feels like this is a precursor to a DLo move. Wonder if it’s seriously Gobert.

Wolves have been linked to essentially every big imaginable and it’s obvious at this point they are shopping DLo and Beasley. What if those 2 and a pick go to Utah for Gobert. Bev and Ant will do most of the initiating on offense. Anderson has experience initiating as well with his unique skill set. McLaughlin has shown he can handle some of those duties too.

Just thinking out loud. Might be a little unorthodox way to take care of the “point guard” duties but I could see it. Roster needs to be balanced out and it seems as if Connelly wants to go big game hunting. Would be an immense change.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

j2j wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 pm
Ant Hater wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 pm Kyle Anderson is like Boris diaw

Not exciting but a good player
That's a nice comparison.
Or Diaw's teammate Jared Dudley.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

here's a roster balancing move for four players who are all known to be on the trading block. and, yes, it works in the trade machine.

Dlo and Malik to Indiana for Myles Turner and Malcolm Brogdon.

the dinger for Indiana is that Brogdon's contract is for a bit more than $22M/yr out to the end of the 2024/25 season.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:19 pm here's a roster balancing move for four players who are all known to be on the trading block. and, yes, it works in the trade machine.

Dlo and Malik to Indiana for Myles Turner and Malcolm Brogdon.

the dinger for Indiana is that Brogdon's contract is for a bit more than $22M/yr out to the end of the 2024/25 season.
Are you doing these to be funny?

Those players have so much more worth than that. DHoe and Beasley ain't worth shit.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

I’m done with Brogdon.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Decent depth signing. Not bad at all.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

and three two one, i expected your sunshiney reply, rube.

is indiana going thru a rebuild? looks like it. do they care who they get back in a trade right now as long as they get a big expiring (Dlo) and can wave goodbye to the longer term Brogdon deal? probably not. have you heard of victor wembanyama? did you know that the most games malcolm ever played in a season was his rookie year (75) - and since then it's been 48, 64, 54, 56 and 36? and that in the past three season, myles turner has played in 62, 47 and 42 games? did you see that alec burks and nerlens noel just got traded for some cash and a couple of second rounders?

all's this is to say that weird things happen in the NBA and a trade like this doesn't even approach the weird zone.

Notice: we've already heard from a third party froob who wouldn't want brogdon in a deal.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Can’t complain at all. Solid move.

Fun having a guy named slo mo too.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:30 pm and three two one, i expected your sunshiney reply.

is indiana going thru a rebuild? looks like it. do they care who they get back in a trade right now as long as they get a big expiring (Dlo) and can wave goodbye to the longer term Brogdon deal? probably not. have you heard of victor wembanyama? did you know that the most games malcolm ever played in a season was his rookie year (75) - and since then it's been 48, 64, 54, 56 and 36? and that in the past three season, myles turner has played in 62, 47 and 42 games? did you see that alec burks and nerlens noel just got traded for some cash and a couple of second rounders?

all's this is to say that weird things happen in the NBA and a trade like this doesn't even approach the weird zone.

Notice: we've already heard from a third party froob who wouldn't want brogdon in a deal.
They are going to want a pile of picks for a rebuild which they can get. The Wolves couldn't get Brogdon straight up for the two you mentioned nor Turner.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

I’d rather it be for one year, but I guess an expiring 9 mil going into next season could be a pretty movable asset to make room for free agents.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Quick reaction extremely not excited as he’s just ok. Liked him I college but man this just feels like a Mchale move of grabbing someone you played against just because lol. But also feels like a guy, just bc we are cursed as MN fans, will have his worst year/s here. Would love to randomly have him improve and shit me up.

Who is gone this year? With the 3 picks and picking up naz and jaylen and resigning TP, some have to go. And yes we needed a small forward like a kick in the left ball.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

josh and layman. our fifteenth spot was open till the very end when we signed monroe.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

why??? out of all the choices in memphis they pick slowpoke.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:34 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:30 pm and three two one, i expected your sunshiney reply.

They are going to want a pile of picks for a rebuild which they can get. The Wolves couldn't get Brogdon straight up for the two you mentioned nor Turner.
i'm not saying that our two are equal value. but indiana has a better shot at Tanking For Victor with our guys, plus they can still sell hope to the fanbase - "we traded for an all-star, and a player who once was traded for KD!" you don't need to sell me on brogdon. i wanted us to draft him out of college. but to be real, he's now a very beat up 29 year old - and the next three years of his deal aren't at all guaranteed to go well. he gets injured constantly. so you may be the one overestimating his value at this point. and it's a $30M expiring deal they're getting. they need a sweetener, we'll throw in Naz.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

shoteh wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:12 pm why??? out of all the choices in memphis they pick slowpoke.
i'm not sure any of the other guys were UFAs. sit back and enjoy it. you'll like him as a Wolf.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Doogie says both years guaranteed
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Tony Bongwater

Post by Tony Bongwater »

After watching more of his stuff than just against us I'll make an outside the box comparison.

Twins era Bartolo Colon. Not physically gifted in the classical sense, but cagey and intelligent with a few physical attributes he knows how to use. Constantly looking to exploit the mistakes of opponents and a guy you can at least rely on even if you can't expect greatness when he's in the game.

Btw, he gave both us and GSW fits for 20-25 minutes a night.
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

It's a move that may not excite people on the bounce, but does not hurt us at all and I think it could be significant in the long run.
My heart is family.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:13 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:34 pm

i'm not saying that our two are equal value. but indiana has a better shot at Tanking For Victor with our guys, plus they can still sell hope to the fanbase - "we traded for an all-star, and a player who once was traded for KD!" you don't need to sell me on brogdon. i wanted us to draft him out of college. but to be real, he's now a very beat up 29 year old - and the next three years of his deal aren't at all guaranteed to go well. he gets injured constantly. so you may be the one overestimating his value at this point. and it's a $30M expiring deal they're getting. they need a sweetener, we'll throw in Naz.
Not happening
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Tony Bongwater wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 pm After watching more of his stuff than just against us I'll make an outside the box comparison.

Twins era Bartolo Colon. Not physically gifted in the classical sense, but cagey and intelligent with a few physical attributes he knows how to use. Constantly looking to exploit the mistakes of opponents and a guy you can at least rely on even if you can't expect greatness when he's in the game.

agree in full. i think he's got so many detractors simply because his game is so unlike what nba fans thrive on - quickness, speed, high-flying athleticism. he doesn't provide many thrills. but he can be very effective nonetheless in a team basketball sense. he'll have the highest bbiq on the team from day one. we've just gotten smarter.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Anderson and Vanderbilt at PF should help keep
Jaden and Prince at SF.
populousample

Post by populousample »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:17 am
Tony Bongwater wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 pm After watching more of his stuff than just against us I'll make an outside the box comparison.

agree in full. i think he's got so many detractors simply because his game is so unlike what nba fans thrive on - quickness, speed, high-flying athleticism. he doesn't provide many thrills. but he can be very effective nonetheless in a team basketball sense. he'll have the highest bbiq on the team from day one. we've just gotten smarter.
To summarize Anderson’s game in a word: reliable
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
j2j

Post by j2j »

KAT/Naz/Kessler
Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
Ant/Beasley/Nowell/Bolmaro
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Depth order not important. Naz, Beasley, + FRP for a someone like Myles Turner makes a lot of sense for us depth-wise. Though hurts our shooting, no pun intended.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Style

Post by Style »

j2j wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:02 am KAT/Naz/Kessler
Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Depth order not important. Naz, Beasley, + FRP for a someone like Myles Turner makes a lot of sense for us depth-wise. Though hurts our shooting, no pun intended.
Not buying it. Pun definitely intended!!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:15 pm
shoteh wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:12 pm why??? out of all the choices in memphis they pick slowpoke.
i'm not sure any of the other guys were UFAs. sit back and enjoy it. you'll like him as a Wolf.
I know, just a gut reaction. 18m 2 years is a great bargain for slomo. Assuming he's gonna split time with Vando now.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

I dislike watching Anderson nearly as much as I dislike the way Beverley conducts himself....but I do think this is a real nice get. Even if it is guaranteed for both years...he is young enough and the deal will have value in second year to other teams if it does not pan out.

I guess I will adjust and perhaps learn to appreciate his game in a home jersey, I was able to tolerate Beverley most of the year....but he did make it difficult doing Pat Beverly shit. At least Anderson conducts himself professionally, that will help.

His game could really work for us with the middle of the floor open, seems to fit well with a good shooting center like Towns. Not sure how clogged it may get with Reid or Kessler however. He might end up outside with them on the floor...Kessler more so than Reid.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Vando can go in that trade as well. If you are penciling Anderson in a PF.

Connelly needs to do a trade using the pieces above and I would throw either NAZ or V8 in that deal. Anderson will bring so much more offense to that roll, but not the rebounding. Which is more important? The right answer is you get a real PF that can address both and Connelly knows it, look at how he addressed PF in Denver and had quality athletic bigs.

If Connelly doesn’t get a starting PF, IMO he will have failed, just like Rosas before him. He will have come in and basically moved deck chairs around a pool where there is no pool.

“We need to get bigger”….so he drafts a skinny rookie who is tall and will get his ass kicked on a nightly basis and a million fouls called on him because he is a rookie. Other than than that….signed NAZ and Knight.

It’s fucking ridiculous.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

walker kessler weighs 256 pounds. he's the tallest and heaviest guy on the team. and kyle anderson is bigger and taller than any other PF on our team - unless you're counting knight, who will be in iowa. anderson is 6-9 230 with a 7-3 wingspan.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
j2j

Post by j2j »

jodaman01 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:22 am
Vando/Anderson
McDaniels/Prince/Moore
DLo/Beverley/McLaughlin

Vando can go in that trade as well. If you are penciling Anderson in a PF.

Connelly needs to do a trade using the pieces above and I would throw either NAZ or V8 in that deal. Anderson will bring so much more offense to that roll, but not the rebounding. Which is more important? The right answer is you get a real PF that can address both and Connelly knows it, look at how he addressed PF in Denver and had quality athletic bigs.

If Connelly doesn’t get a starting PF, IMO he will have failed, just like Rosas before him. He will have come in and basically moved deck chairs around a pool where there is no pool.

“We need to get bigger”….so he drafts a skinny rookie who is tall and will get his ass kicked on a nightly basis and a million fouls called on him because he is a rookie. Other than than that….signed NAZ and Knight.

It’s fucking ridiculous.
You might need to up your blood pressure medication.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I sense a lot of excitement from you hoops fans! That's good, because for most of the last 30+ years there has been little reason for hope!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: