Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Anderson

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
jffl_commish

Kyle Anderson

Post by jffl_commish »

We got him.

Let's get Tropical
thinktank

Re: Kyle Anderson

Post by thinktank »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 pm We got him.

Huh. Not bad!

Pretty good midrange shooting role player.

Needs to work on his FT%. Jesus. He’ll never see the floor at the end of games, I suppose.
Last edited by thinktank on Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Very solid role player but we need a legit PF.
thinktank

Post by thinktank »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 pm Very solid role player but we need a legit PF.
I think they’re gonna go C somehow.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

How is a guy with a name like Kyle Anderson ever going to fit in in Minnesota?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Yawn.

Let's get to this Dhoe trade.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

malik beasley/naz reid to indiana for myles turner works in the trade machine.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:02 pm malik beasley/naz reid to indiana for myles turner works in the trade machine.
Lol

Would love Turner here but they are not getting him for that.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

beasley and vandy then.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Tony Bongwater

Post by Tony Bongwater »

I think if nothing else this allows us to match up with pretty much anybody. Between Vando, Slow Mo, a bit of Jaden and a bit of KAT we can compete at the 4 with just about anyone depending on what we need that night. This also creates quality depth with Vando probably going to the bench. And we all know how much depth can make or break you over 82 + games.
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Meh
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
populousample

Post by populousample »

Assuming the offer to Dano is now off the table?
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

Fucking yuck.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

He is slow as molasses

Don’t like the signing especially since we already resigned Prince. Both are tweeters small forward and power forward.

Hopefully second year is team option
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

populousample wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm Assuming the offer to Dano is now off the table?
The guy has been a thorn in the Wolves side often, he is a quality NBA player with some vet presence, so hard to gripe.

Connelly needs to address PF as soon as possible. Finch has essentially told him he wants to play Nowell more than Beasley…so Beasley needs to get moved with some other players or maybe picks and get this done. Somebody has to want him.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

He does have a big al jefferson like pump fake that gets everyone to bite lol
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

populousample wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm Assuming the offer to Dano is now off the table?
Yup

Probably told gallo, you don’t like our money; we gonna spend it elsewhere
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

really smart player. he'll have the highest bbiq on the team. if he needs to, he can get back on D fast enough - and certainly before Karl does, if Karl continues his love affair with bitching at the refs. most of his SloMo nickname though comes from how he handles the ball and gets to his spots. very deliberate and very unlike the ultra athletic flash that most NBA players favor. but because of his ball handling skills and size, he does get to his spots. very nice midrange game and unblockable with his 7-3 wingspan. very good defensively due to his smarts and length. we'll like him. you just have to get used to it. whole different skill set than vandy. 6-9 230 7-3 wingspan - he can play PF for us.
shuttlesworth

Post by shuttlesworth »

Kyle Anderson can and should be the Wolves starting 4 next year, assuming no other moves. He rebounded 18.1% of opponent misses last season, in the 97th percentile among forwards and ahead of dudes like Robert Williams, Evan Mobley, John Collins, and Mitchell Robinson.

He also posted a block rate of 1.6% -- in the 91st percentile among forwards and ahead of Steven Adams, Christian Wood, Jonas Valenciunas, and a bunch of other centers.

Perhaps just as importantly, playing Anderson at the 4 allows Minnesota to move up McDaniels to the 3, where McDaniels has a size advantage against most opponents. (This also allows the Wolves to move Edwards to the 2, where he'll have a size advantage most nights.) And it allows this shift without sacrificing a ton of spacing - unlike Vanderbilt, Anderson is at least a credible three-point threat who can also attack close-outs.

Anderson at the 4 should seriously help address the Wolves' defensive rebounding woes.
Last edited by shuttlesworth on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corre Ricky Corre

shuttlesworth wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:24 pm Kyle Anderson can and should be the Wolves starting 4 next year, assuming no other moves. He rebounded 18.1% of opponent misses last season, in the 97th percentile among forwards and ahead of dudes like Robert Williams, Evan Mobley, John Collins, Myles Turner, and Mitchell Robinson.

He also posted a block rate of 1.6% -- in the 91st percentile among forwards and ahead of Steven Adams, Christian Wood, Jonas Valenciunas, and a bunch of other centers.

Perhaps just as importantly, playing Anderson at the 4 allows Minnesota to move up McDaniels to the 3, where McDaniels has a size advantage against most opponents. (This also allows the Wolves to move Edwards to the 2, where he'll have a size advantage most nights.) And it allows this shift without sacrificing a ton of spacing - unlike Vanderbilt, Anderson is at least a credible three-point threat who can also attack close-outs.

Anderson at the 4 should seriously help address the Wolves' defensive rebounding woes.
MVP MVP MVP
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Very happy to see the Wolves get this guy and get him on a decent contract. Dude is a very good player. People may not like his style but his game is legit.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

shuttlesworth wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:24 pm Kyle Anderson can and should be the Wolves starting 4 next year, assuming no other moves. He rebounded 18.1% of opponent misses last season, in the 97th percentile among forwards and ahead of dudes like Robert Williams, Evan Mobley, John Collins, and Mitchell Robinson.

Honest question- if his rebounding efficiency is so high why do even his per 36 numbers not show double digit rebounds one time in his career? His blocks per 36 are about 1 square on the nuts every season.

Meh. I'm not happy or sad about this one. If they didn't think they could use the extra 9-10 million next offseason better I guess it's alright. He's slow as hell and his shot is as ugly as it gets. Depth piece I guess.
Last edited by Coach Guy on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

shuttlesworth wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:24 pm Kyle Anderson can and should be the Wolves starting 4 next year, assuming no other moves. He rebounded 18.1% of opponent misses last season, in the 97th percentile among forwards and ahead of dudes like Robert Williams, Evan Mobley, John Collins, and Mitchell Robinson.

I really like him as a high minutes reserve that holds the second unit together and blends in with starter for stretches. With his positional flexibility and playmaking it will give multiple ways to get him on the court, but he is a stabilizing force that I think will help the 2nd unit just a bit more
Corre Ricky Corre

SO_MONEY wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:34 pm

I really like him as a high minutes reserve that holds the second unit together and blends in with starter for stretches. With his positional flexibility and playmaking it will give multiple ways to get him on the court, but he is a stabilizing force that I think will help the 2nd unit just a bit more
That is the exact way I look at it as well. :beer:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Quit collecting mediocre 4's and sign a legit player.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bullazin

Post by Bullazin »

Not exciting but an upgrade to Vando for sure.
“You realize he reports you just as much as you report him, right? He has some valid complaints as well. I don't like or dislike either of you. I just want you two to shut the fuck up.”
——OG Froob.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

this backlash tonight reminds me a lot of the negative vibe that surrounded the prince signing. i think these two guys are cut from the same cloth - team first players who are smart, mesh well, play good D and can get you some baskets. and, as solid vets, both of them are in their prime - 28 years old - and not fossils or greenhorns like some of the other candidates.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:38 pm this backlash tonight reminds me a lot of the negative vibe that surrounded the prince signing. i think these two guys are cut from the same cloth - team first players who are smart, mesh well, play good D and can get you some baskets.
If there is a "Power move" coming, I have no problem with it.

Going into this season with what they have now, they are just cementing to be a play in team.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tony Bongwater

Post by Tony Bongwater »

somuchyummy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:38 pm this backlash tonight reminds me a lot of the negative vibe that surrounded the prince signing. i think these two guys are cut from the same cloth - team first players who are smart, mesh well, play good D and can get you some baskets.
I low key really like the signing. This team played like they took the short bus to the game way too often last year. You start getting vets like PB, Prince, and now SloMo around the guys, especially in practice every day and at critical times, depending on matchups, maybe we can improve that.

I don't know what people expected. I like the signing. Real interested in what else they do.
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛