Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2022-2023 season thread

Home for Gopher Basketball
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: 2022-2023 season thread

Post by RubeTube »

One plus is they got rid of that light colored floor.

Couldn’t stand it.

I’ve wondered why they couldn’t just put the Cambria in to blend in the court instead of the atrocious black boxes though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Well there is that.

I like USC and and UCLA joint the B10 but it it’s going to make it even more tough.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

By my count, unless they figure out a way to beat Penn State on Saturday night, there's a good chance that they're going to end the season on a 16-game losing streak.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:54 pm Pardon me if I want to wait and see.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the old “Great class coming”. We have the recruit thread to go back and look at. From Coffey to Oturu to Jelly Fam to Kalscher, it’s always ends up underwhelming.

All I can do is judge what has happened so far and we are almost two years in the books and currently 5-27 in B10 play, the attendance is as low as ever and this team is unwatchable right now. They better get something figured out fast. No more excuses. Getting this thing to .500 for a couple years and a bubble team and then sucking for another year or two isn’t going to cut it either, that’s exactly what we had here before.
Coffey should have been drafted and has stuck in the NBA. Oturu was solid too, wtf? Yes, there are plenty of guys who ended up underwhelming... and the Jelly fam is the worst thing that happened to pitino because he picked him over McKinley Wright, who also plays in the NBA!

"No more excuses" ... from you? The casual fan who bitches and complain regardless of how the team is doing? You're the same thing on every forum for every team , rinse and repeat. :(

Just looked up Kalscheur's stats.... people would take the Iowa St progam any day over the current state of the Goofs. And Kalscheur is second on the team in scoring. Terrible recruits, all of them! Fire Ben... he got Fox, Ihnen, Battle, Carrington and Garcia hurt... got some good local kids, has three solid players coming in next year and is on the verge of landing Asuma to be the pg for the future.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:03 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:54 pm Pardon me if I want to wait and see.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the old “Great class coming”. We have the recruit thread to go back and look at. From Coffey to Oturu to Jelly Fam to Kalscher, it’s always ends up underwhelming.

All I can do is judge what has happened so far and we are almost two years in the books and currently 5-27 in B10 play, the attendance is as low as ever and this team is unwatchable right now. They better get something figured out fast. No more excuses. Getting this thing to .500 for a couple years and a bubble team and then sucking for another year or two isn’t going to cut it either, that’s exactly what we had here before.
Coffey should have been drafted and has stuck in the NBA. Oturu was solid too, wtf? Yes, there are plenty of guys who ended up underwhelming... and the Jelly fam is the worst thing that happened to pitino because he picked him over McKinley Wright, who also plays in the NBA!

"No more excuses" ... from you? The casual fan who bitches and complain regardless of how the team is doing? You're the same thing on every forum for every team , rinse and repeat. :(

Just looked up Kalscheur's stats.... people would take the Iowa St progam any day over the current state of the Goofs. And Kalscheur is second on the team in scoring. Terrible recruits, all of them! Fire Ben... he got Fox, Ihnen, Battle, Carrington and Garcia hurt... got some good local kids, has three solid players coming in next year and is on the verge of landing Asuma to be the pg for the future.
I never said those guys were bad players. What I said is it didn’t lead to any sustained success here at all.

And I’m sorry I’m not a homer. There isn’t a lot of things to be excited about in MN sports.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:10 pm

I never said those guys were bad players. What I said is it didn’t lead to any sustained success here at all.

And I’m sorry I’m not a homer. There isn’t a lot of things to be excited about in MN sports.
Nevah apologize for the truth RT!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Game tomorrow at MSU postponed. It'll end up cancelled, I don't think there is enough time to reschedule at this point.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

you're a wet blanket, always have been.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:53 pm

Nevah apologize for the truth RT!!
Riley would be disappointed in you, Munger.
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:57 am Game tomorrow at MSU postponed. It'll end up cancelled, I don't think there is enough time to reschedule at this point.
A canceled game counts as a moral victory.

And it improves their moral record.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Any chance Garcia plays today?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

10 in a row!
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

This team is terrible. I feel bad for them. They miss way too many wide open shots and don’t have anyone who can attack on the dribble.
I really hope the new players next year can make a big difference.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:02 am This team is terrible. I feel bad for them. They miss way too many wide open shots and don’t have anyone who can attack on the dribble.
Don't hold your breath on this one Bob....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Bob Wiley wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:02 am This team is terrible. I feel bad for them. They miss way too many wide open shots and don’t have anyone who can attack on the dribble.
They have next to no one on the roster who can shoot with any reliability. Battle is fine, but streaky. He can knock down a 25-footer, or that shot can miss the rim entirely. Perfect picture of the program last night, Henley has a wide open 15-footer from the free throw line, missing badly at the back of the rim, Illini rebound, Gophers don't get back/communicate on defense and Illinois gets an easy dunk.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:19 am
Don't hold your breath on this one Bob....
They should add me to the roster. I dominated hoops last night.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

11 in a row!
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:56 pm11 in a row!
Moral victories?

People focus too much on winning games. There’s a lot of positives to take from a season where you lose almost all of your games.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The Real Ted wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:00 am
feekdogg wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:56 pm11 in a row!
Moral victories?

People focus too much on winning games. There’s a lot of positives to take from a season where you lose almost all of your games.
:lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Dennis Evans gone. Panic button.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:03 pm Dennis Evans gone. Panic button.
The Gophers men's basketball program's highest-ranked recruit in 20 years likely isn't coming to Minnesota after all.

Dennis Evans III, the five-star, 7-foot senior from California, informed the Gophers earlier this week he wanted to be released from his signed letter of intent, sources told the Star Tribune.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Lulz. Well, so much for Benny's prized recruit. Can his ass now.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:14 pm Lulz. Well, so much for Benny's prized recruit. Can his ass now.
It’s too easy to predict at this point.

Benny will be out of here next year at this time. Many thought they were a bottom feeder next year even with this kid.

It would be so Minnesota to give him a 4th year though. This hire was pathetic from day #1.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

They didn't get beat by 30 today. Moral victory!
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

12 in a row! What a streak!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:26 pm 12 in a row! What a streak!
Ben is making local connections. Just you wait!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Real Ted

Post by The Real Ted »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:03 pm Dennis Evans gone. Panic button.
There’s a lot of positives that can come from that too.

If they replace him with a zero star recruit who works very hard to become a five star recruit, we might come out ahead in the end.

(Dennis Evans was watching their games thinking… “they expect me to fix everything? Like I’m supposed to be the one good player… who turns total shit into gold? Nope. I think I’ll go play for a good basketball team… and make them great.”)
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:57 pm
feekdogg wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:14 pm Lulz. Well, so much for Benny's prized recruit. Can his ass now.

Benny will be out of here next year at this time. Many thought they were a bottom feeder next year even with this kid.

It would be so Minnesota to give him a 4th year though. This hire was pathetic from day #1.
Who do you want?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:07 pm

Who do you want?
Why even entertain that? No point in looking now, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. We know how the U of M works. He will be here until that buyout is super low.

Everyday from here on out they wait to replace him is just wasted time until the inevitable. He should probably be replaced after this year but whatever on giving him next year. The problem is they will probably still give him year #4 even with another bad performance next year.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:18 pm
Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:07 pm

Who do you want?
Why even entertain that? No point in looking now, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. We know how the U of M works. He will be here until that buyout is super low.

Everyday from here on out they wait to replace him is just wasted time until the inevitable. He should probably be replaced after this year but whatever on giving him next year. The problem is they will probably still give him year #4 even with another bad performance next year.
I’ll take that as, “I have no idea, I just want to bitch about the gophers right now.”