Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are the hot buys, boys?

Riley91

What are the hot buys, boys?

Post by Riley91 »

What will rise from the ashes? And when?

Maybe solar stuff?
BFF of RubeChick
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: What are the hot buys, boys?

Post by RubeTube »

Hot boyz?

Oops my bad, you said "Hot buys"

#GlamourBoyz2022
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:40 pm Hot boyz?

#GlamourBoyz2022
Those boys are super badass. It would rule to party with them
BFF of RubeChick
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Riley91 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:18 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:40 pm Hot boyz?

#GlamourBoyz2022
Those boys are super badass. It would rule to party with them

How about Beterbiev vs Smith Jr tomorrow night? Bona hard.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
nigel

Post by nigel »

Bitcoin
They say, "Why you rappin' bout hoes and shit?"
'Cause I got a whole lotta hoes and shit
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Joby Aviation
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

ForCaleb wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:17 pmJoby Aviation
:beer:

Been on this one for awhile, and slowly adding here and there. Kind of glad it hasn't taken off yet, because I want to accumulate a large position over time, but not quite ready to dive fully in.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 pm

Been on this one for awhile, and slowly adding here and there. Kind of glad it hasn't taken off yet, because I want to accumulate a large position over time, but not quite ready to dive fully in.
what do you like about it? what's the ticker symbol?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:45 pm

JOBY....

just a really good concept. Simply, they want to be Uber, but with air travel with electric aircraft. Very early stages, but they are starting to put things in motion. They could completely transform the taxi service industry, and air travel in general. Joby will either do this and become one of America's most well known companies, or if they don't have the capital to achieve their goals, would be a great buy out candidate.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:53 pm

JOBY....

just a really good concept. Simply, they want to be Uber, but with air travel with electric aircraft. Very early stages, but they are starting to put things in motion. They could completely transform the taxi service industry, and air travel in general. Joby will either do this and become one of America's most well known companies, or if they don't have the capital to achieve their goals, would be a great buy out candidate.
Early stages but they already have one FAA Part 135 air carrier certification. They say they'll be ready by 2024 for the other 2 FAA certs needed, but I think it'll be 2025.

One of my main concerns is the price point for consumers, but at under $5 share I can't help being a buyer right now.
NotRasho
***Official Gibby Award Winner - May 2018***

Post by NotRasho »

Ammunition
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ForCaleb wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:26 am

JOBY....

Early stages but they already have one FAA Part 135 air carrier certification. They say they'll be ready by 2024 for the other 2 FAA certs needed, but I think it'll be 2025.

One of my main concerns is the price point for consumers, but at under $5 share I can't help being a buyer right now.
typically anything that has to do with air travel is a no-go for me--but i'll take a look at it. what i'm looking for is a possibility for a 10 bagger in 5-10 years. this might fit the bill.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

just looked. almost a 3 billion market cap. how much cash on hand?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm

JOBY....

typically anything that has to do with air travel is a no-go for me--but i'll take a look at it. what i'm looking for is a possibility for a 10 bagger in 5-10 years. this might fit the bill.
is that becuase you don't like airliners, or for other reasons? This company has the idea to completely change what air travel is.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:01 pm

is that becuase you don't like airliners, or for other reasons? This company has the idea to completely change what air travel is.
yeah airliners are a no-go. it's a tough business. i read the brief profile and that sounds interesting--but it's already a three billion dollar market cap company. would have been nice to get in when it was valued at about 10 percent of that.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:05 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:01 pm

yeah airliners are a no-go. it's a tough business. i read the brief profile and that sounds interesting--but it's already a three billion dollar market cap company. would have been nice to get in when it was valued at about 10 percent of that.
I haven't begun to dig into this yet but what about Archer Aviation? What makes them and JOBY different and what advantages does each have?
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Get yourself into a fixed income ETF or mutual fund right now, as well as a small cap growth ETF or mutual fund.

Fixed income, you get to collect a nice divvy until the fed finally stops raising rates. And when they stop raising rates, the fixed income ETF/Mutual Fund is going to explode, and you collected months of free shares with the divvies.

Growth stocks tend to rebound the quickest and hardest when the markets in general rebound. Theres been an opportunity looming in small cap growth, even before 2022, when small cap growth was trading at 74% of its 20 year average, compared to mid cap and large cap that were trading around 120%.

Approximately 25% of my non-qualified funds are in SCHP, which is a fixed income ETF. Its current yield is 7.2%, and they pay that out monthly (approximately .6% every month). For a shade under $10K, you get a free share every month.

About 50% of my non-qualified funds are in a small cap growth mutual fund with my company. I am up approximately 13% on that since I purchased it in September, and for reference, the S and P is up about 4% in that same time frame. If you dont have access to mutual funds, VBK is a fine ETF for small cap growth.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

JOBY....

:o
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

I saw the guy from "The Big Short" is predicting a big crash.

But I've seen that ridiculous "Rich dad poor dad" guy saying the biggest crash of all time is coming for the past 5+ years.

Maybe those guys just get paid by tabloids to allow them to quote them as saying a big crash is coming.