Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL B1G TOURNAMENT THREAD*** RUTGERS Vs. GOPHERS

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

***OFFICIAL B1G TOURNAMENT THREAD*** RUTGERS Vs. GOPHERS

Post by RubeTube »

If I told you the Gophers had a chance at the proverbial "Running the tables" would you believe me? Probably not.

We know sports has been filled with "Unbelievable" moments since their inception. So the question is... Why not us?

If you don't believe, then why watch?

Rutgers Vs. Gophers RD #1 B1G TOURNAMENT

#LetsGetIt

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Re: ***OFFICIAL B1G TOURNAMENT THREAD*** RUTGERS Vs. GOPHERS

Post by RubeTube »

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

They should win tonight.... and if Mason/Murphy/McBrayer are hot tomorrow they could beat Indiana... there's zero, ZERO, chance they get further than that.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

This team is so devoid of talent...Hurt is awful
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Lol Rutgers coach is into this one.

Isaiah Washington is a stud. Next years starting PG and it's not even a question.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:16 pm Lol Rutgers coach is into this one.

Isaiah Washington is a stud. Next years starting PG and it's not even a question.
They don't really have another option. Lets just hope he doesnt decide to transfer. He seems to be the kind that would thrive with a long leash, which he should have next year when there is even less depth.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hurt has no business in division 1 basketball. Maybe he can figure it out but his first two years have been absolutely atrocious.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Fitting that nate mason would lay a gigantic turf in his final game as a gopher.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:29 pm Fitting that nate mason would lay a gigantic turf in his final game as a gopher.
Lol no doubt. I Won't miss him at all.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

This is embarrassing.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Make all the excuses for Pitino but there is enough talent on the team to beat a team like Rutgers.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:13 pm Hurt has no business in division 1 basketball. Maybe he can figure it out but his first two years have been absolutely atrocious.
Uh oh....hehateme is going to rip you a new one for this comment! Hurt's his boy!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:13 pm Hurt has no business in division 1 basketball. Maybe he can figure it out but his first two years have been absolutely atrocious.
Uh oh....hehateme is going to rip you a new one for this comment! Hurt's his boy!
Ya I know. Hurt sucks though. I haven't said much all year because they had no choice but to play him. He should be buried on the bench if your team is good.

He's so bad I don't even want his brother lol.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I was just hoping to watch a extra game tomorrow. It's pretty cool playing at MSG. Too bad we shit our pants.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Thank Christ that's over.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Over/Under on how many days before Washington announces he's leaving the program?
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm
Ya I know. Hurt sucks though. I haven't said much all year because they had no choice but to play him. He should be buried on the bench if your team is good.

He's so bad I don't even want his brother lol.
BoobTube just admitted he doesn't want a top 5 player in the country yet will rip the staff when they don't land him. :punch:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Hornets wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am Over/Under on how many days before Washington announces he's leaving the program?
Zero. Sit out a year or start next year for the Gophers.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Clubhouseleader wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:29 pm Fitting that nate mason would lay a gigantic turf in his final game as a gopher.
You're pathetic as a Gophers fan... Mason was a solid player for four years. Eat shit!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:19 pm Thank Christ that's over.
Pitino officially on the hot seat now that this season is over. His buyout will go down to 2.7 after next year so reality is they have to produce next year or else. Tubby got six years, made the tournament three times and got ran out because he stopped recruiting. Pitino continues to recruit well but is not producing the results needed.

Curry/Stockman
Murphy/Oturu/Fitzgerald
Coffey/Hurt/Omersa
McBrayer/Kalscheur/Harris
Washington

Current depth chart for next year... they could benefit from Fitzgerald moving on, then add a grad transfer point guard as well as another younger big. The 2019 class hopefully will have Tyrell Terry at point and Zeke Nnaji from Hopkins. 2020 class is loaded locally too but Suggs ain't coming here under Pitino IMO. He's Duke bound.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:31 pm
You're pathetic as a Gophers fan... Mason was a solid player for four years. Eat shit!
Sick of watching him fold like a cheap chair when it mattered most, shooting us out of games etc. I don't not like him but he won't go down as some kind of memorable Gopher for me. I'm just ready to watch someone else run point is all.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:15 am
feekdogg wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:19 pm Thank Christ that's over.
Pitino officially on the hot seat now that this season is over. His buyout will go down to 2.7 after next year so reality is they have to produce next year or else. Tubby got six years, made the tournament three times and got ran out because he stopped recruiting. Pitino continues to recruit well but is not producing the results needed.

Curry/Stockman
Murphy/Oturu/Fitzgerald
Coffey/Hurt/Omersa
McBrayer/Kalscheur/Harris
Washington

Current depth chart for next year... they could benefit from Fitzgerald moving on, then add a grad transfer point guard as well as another younger big. The 2019 class hopefully will have Tyrell Terry at point and Zeke Nnaji from Hopkins. 2020 class is loaded locally too but Suggs ain't coming here under Pitino IMO. He's Duke bound.
1500 (Forget who was on) saying Pitino hasn't recruited near as well as some think. They said he has found a few nice core players and virtually nothing else(no depth).

Ruesse than said it was obvious Mike Hurt was brought in to try and get his brother. Said he has no business playing in the B1G.

The team coming next year doesn't do much for me. I hope I'm wrong. The depth is still really weak, I'm not big on McBrayer. Unless Oturu is all world, I see a very mediocre team.

Ruesse also said something about best PG since Bobby Jackson and backing off the recruiting of former Louisville players because it's risky with all his dad's scandal. Don't really know what he was talking about. Teh "Pump" was getting a Filet O Fish during this part of the show.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 pm
Teh "Pump" was getting a Filet O Fish during this part of the show.
McD's still got the "2 for 1" deal going on them ?
Sky Spy in the Sky !
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hummdrum wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:12 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 pm
Teh "Pump" was getting a Filet O Fish during this part of the show.
McD's still got the "2 for 1" deal going on them ?
No what a bunch of assholes!! They don't have any signs anymore for anything since they remodeled their stores. I ask for the deal and she says "We don't offer that anymore but you can download our app for deals" :doublefinger:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

During a typical year, I watch 4 or 5 NCAA hoops games every week. This year, I've watched maybe 7 or 8 games all year that didn't involve the Gophers. I'm so jaded and just don't care. This year sucked as a fan, but the real kicker is it made me so bitter that I just don't care like I normally do. March Madness has been my Christmas since I was about 10 years old. It blows not to give a shit.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:49 pm During a typical year, I watch 4 or 5 NCAA hoops games every week. This year, I've watched maybe 7 or 8 games all year that didn't involve the Gophers. I'm so jaded and just don't care. This year sucked as a fan, but the real kicker is it made me so bitter that I just don't care like I normally do. March Madness has been my Christmas since I was about 10 years old. It blows not to give a shit.
Yep. I will still watch March Madness as It is always fun but No Gophers(To root for) and no Badgers(to root against) sucks.

Sometimes I get excited still if the Gophers just show promise. Like in 2014 when they won the NIT with their new coach. I don't feel much promise next year and think we will be looking for a coach.

If some of these big schools lose HCs over these scandals, it might be smart to get a early jump on someone instead of worrying about a measly 2.3 million dollar savings.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:49 pm During a typical year, I watch 4 or 5 NCAA hoops games every week. This year, I've watched maybe 7 or 8 games all year that didn't involve the Gophers. I'm so jaded and just don't care. This year sucked as a fan, but the real kicker is it made me so bitter that I just don't care like I normally do. March Madness has been my Christmas since I was about 10 years old. It blows not to give a shit.
I hate to tell you but what in the last 20 years has made you think the Gophers program is going to do anything different? Seriously... that's on you if you can't enjoy March Madness because the home town team blew it.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:01 pm
Yep. I will still watch March Madness as It is always fun but No Gophers(To root for) and no Badgers(to root against) sucks.

Sometimes I get excited still if the Gophers just show promise. Like in 2014 when they won the NIT with their new coach. I don't feel much promise next year and think we will be looking for a coach.

If some of these big schools lose HCs over these scandals, it might be smart to get a early jump on someone instead of worrying about a measly 2.3 million dollar savings.
His buyout right now is over 4 million, so that's almost double what you think. Then on top of that, they need to go out and pay likely more than what Pitino is making to bring in another coach. Meanwhile they now have the facilities they wanted (and needed) and owe a shit ton on that. Let's look at the situation realistically here before we just assume a state university is going to write a 4 million dollar check to send Pitino home.