Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**** NBA Insider, ESPN+, The Athletic, News Thread ****

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: **** NBA Insider, ESPN+, The Athletic, News Thread ****

Post by somuchyummy »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:24 pm Former NBA player Nemanja Bjelica attacked and threatened by a footballer with scissors
On Friday, former NBA champion Nemanja Bjelica fell victim to a harrowing scissor attack by ex-footballer Nikola Petkovic.

The attack reportedly took place in a children’s playroom where Bjelica was with his family.

The assailant, identified as Nikola Petkovic, allegedly made threatening statements, yelling that he would take Bjelica’s family, children, wife, and money. He further threatened physical harm, stating that he would stab him with scissors.

Allegedly, Petković told Bjelica:

“I will f**k your family, children, wife, and you. I will take your money and move to Prigrevica!”

Taking scissors in his hands, Petković continued:

“Now I’m going to stab you, you bitch! I’m waiting for you in the parking lot!”.

Nemanja Bjelica began his NBA journey with the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2015. Despite notable performances, his 2016-17 season was cut short due to a left foot injury requiring surgery.

After a stint with the Philadelphia 76ers falling through, he joined the Sacramento Kings in 2018, followed by successful seasons with the Miami Heat and the Golden State Warriors.

Bjelica played a crucial role in the Warriors’ 2022 NBA Finals victory but retired due to persistent injuries in the same year.

In August 2022, Bjelica joined Fenerbahçe Beko in Europe but faced limited playing time due to injuries. His release from Fenerbahçe in September 2023 led him to sign with Crvena Zvezda.

However, reported conflicts with the head coach resulted in his departure, and Bjelica officially announced his retirement in October 2023.

The attacker, Nikola Petkovic, started his football career with FK Vojvodina and later played for various clubs, including Gençlerbirliği S.K., Eintracht Frankfurt, and Red Star Belgrade.
https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2024/02 ... te_tick-1/
Here's hoping Bjelly got the jump on the guy and put him into a neck lock for about 3 hours.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Philadelphia 76ers All-Star and reigning NBA MVP Joel Embiid will undergo surgery to repair the torn meniscus in his left knee. The team announced pending procedure Sunday evening in a statement...The question now becomes when or even if he'll play again this season. Per Wojnarowski, "the door isn't closed" on a return, but a timeline won't be clear until after the procedure. Embiid was averaging a career-high and NBA-best 35.3 points alongside 11.3 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 1.8 blocks per game while shooting 53.3% from the field and 36.6% from 3-point distance prior to the news of his injury.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Jon Krawczynski just said on Barrerio that he thinks the Wolves will trade for a point guard and pick-up a scorer/shooter in the buyout market.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:01 pm Jon Krawczynski just said on Barrerio that he thinks the Wolves will trade for a point guard and pick-up a scorer/shooter in the buyout market.
It’ll be the Morris and McBuckets Happy Hour.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Dan33185 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:24 pm Former NBA player Nemanja Bjelica attacked and threatened by a footballer with scissors
On Friday, former NBA champion Nemanja Bjelica fell victim to a harrowing scissor attack by ex-footballer Nikola Petkovic.

The attack reportedly took place in a children’s playroom where Bjelica was with his family.

The assailant, identified as Nikola Petkovic, allegedly made threatening statements, yelling that he would take Bjelica’s family, children, wife, and money. He further threatened physical harm, stating that he would stab him with scissors.

Allegedly, Petković told Bjelica:

“I will f**k your family, children, wife, and you. I will take your money and move to Prigrevica!”

Taking scissors in his hands, Petković continued:

“Now I’m going to stab you, you bitch! I’m waiting for you in the parking lot!”.

Nemanja Bjelica began his NBA journey with the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2015. Despite notable performances, his 2016-17 season was cut short due to a left foot injury requiring surgery.

After a stint with the Philadelphia 76ers falling through, he joined the Sacramento Kings in 2018, followed by successful seasons with the Miami Heat and the Golden State Warriors.

Bjelica played a crucial role in the Warriors’ 2022 NBA Finals victory but retired due to persistent injuries in the same year.

In August 2022, Bjelica joined Fenerbahçe Beko in Europe but faced limited playing time due to injuries. His release from Fenerbahçe in September 2023 led him to sign with Crvena Zvezda.

However, reported conflicts with the head coach resulted in his departure, and Bjelica officially announced his retirement in October 2023.

The attacker, Nikola Petkovic, started his football career with FK Vojvodina and later played for various clubs, including Gençlerbirliği S.K., Eintracht Frankfurt, and Red Star Belgrade.
https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2024/02 ... te_tick-1/
Nikola Petkovic lol. At first I thought it was a joke story about ex wolves attacking each other. I mean we know Pek is basically king gangster
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Frank Ntilikina, Ish Smith and Thad Young all waived.

PF Chemezie Metu as well.

Kevin Knox.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Dinwiddie apparently will be the next one on waivers.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Knicks wow. They beef up their lineup considerably at the trade deadline, but the hits just keep on a'comin'. Isaiah Hartenstein leaves the Mavs game after aggravating a testy Achilles tendon in a collision with (who else?) Dwight Powell. New dynamo OG Anunoby has surgery on his bad elbow and will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks. Julius Randle is out indefinitely with his dislocated shoulder. Mitchell Robinson is out for the year. Jericho Sims is also out. Who the hell are they playing in their frontcourt? The just signed Taj Gibson to another ten day contract, but I'm pretty sure the old man isn't up for significant extended minutes.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Dwiniddle is signing with the Lakers. Really the Lakers, why would a player be in a rush to sign with a team that is gong to either lose in the play-in game or in the first round of the playoffs?
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

He got the call from Lebron how can you turn it down?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Perfect for the Lakers. They need more three point shooting, so they go with the guy hitting 32%. And not a fluke - he's 33% for his career. And no one is less dependable than Spencer Dinwiddie. His best ten games this year have him averaging 22.7 ppg. In similar minutes, in his ten worst games this season, he's averaged 2.8 ppg. Perfect for the Lakers.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

more players just cut than I knew - so I'll just paste them all here.

RJ Hampton
Kevin Knox II
Ryan Arcidiacono
Robin Lopez
Chemezie Metu
Jordan Goodwin
Frank Ntilikina
Ish Smith
Danilo Gallinari
Thad Young
Spencer Dinwiddie - signed by LAL
James Bouknight
Furkan Korkmaz
Cory Joseph
Victor Oladipo
Danuel House
Killian Hayes
Harry Giles
Joe Harris
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:50 pm more players just cut than I knew - so I'll just paste them all here.

RJ Hampton
Kevin Knox II
Ryan Arcidiacono
Robin Lopez
Chemezie Metu
Jordan Goodwin
Frank Ntilikina
Ish Smith
Danilo Gallinari
Thad Young
Spencer Dinwiddie - signed by LAL
James Bouknight
Furkan Korkmaz
Cory Joseph
Victor Oladipo
Danuel House
Killian Hayes
Harry Giles
Joe Harris
Joe Harris, please.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

They should kick the tires on Harris. Gallinari maybe too. We could use a shooter. Metu I think is a pretty good player. He doesn't make the most sense for this roster and our goals to try and contend.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

A lot of older veterans that we have all liked at points over their productive careers.

I have always really liked Ish Smith and thought he was such a solid point guard for years. He's at the end though. Same with a guy like Robin Lopez.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:42 pm A lot of older veterans that we have all liked at points over their productive careers.

I have always really liked Ish Smith and thought he was such a solid point guard for years. He's at the end though. Same with a guy like Robin Lopez.
can't believe you didn't mention Cory Joseph. Didn't he have an on going thing here for about two years straight?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Depending on how their bench pans out, things might brighten up sooner rather than later in Detroit. Ivey has been looking quite good to pair with Cade in the backcourt. Ausar Thompson could be their Jaden at SF. Jalen Duren has been looking great at C. And, as they may likely pick first, they could select Alex Sarr, a skilled athletic 7-0 PF/C to pair with Duren - who is often mocked number one overall.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

ESPN reporting Lowry will be bought out, sign with the 76ers.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

some CBS writer doing trade grades gives the Pistons a C for TBJ, Shake and the 2030 second. As for us getting Morris, a C-. Okay.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:16 pm Depending on how their bench pans out, things might brighten up sooner rather than later in Detroit. Ivey has been looking quite good to pair with Cade in the backcourt. Ausar Thompson could be their Jaden at SF. Jalen Duren has been looking great at C. And, as they may likely pick first, they could select Alex Sarr, a skilled athletic 7-0 PF/C to pair with Duren - who is often mocked number one overall.
They need to land the best player in the draft, whoever it is.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

That's to be determined later and at this point no one has a crystal ball. There's no obvious Vic W in this draft - Sarr is always ranked in the top 3 - their hole is at PF. It's one of those nice situations where the BPA and their highest need might align.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:44 am That's to be determined later and at this point no one has a crystal ball. There's no obvious Vic W in this draft - Sarr is always ranked in the top 3 - their hole is at PF. It's one of those nice situations where the BPA and their highest need might align.
Unless they get fucked in the lottery!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:41 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:44 am That's to be determined later and at this point no one has a crystal ball. There's no obvious Vic W in this draft - Sarr is always ranked in the top 3 - their hole is at PF. It's one of those nice situations where the BPA and their highest need might align.
The Wolves won’t be in the lottery….
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

witljon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:48 am
Not sure you're following witl.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 am

Well, his statement is technically true, if irrelevant to the conversation.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:52 am

I’m following alright. You just ain’t getting my point that the Wolves usually got fucked in the lottery.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

We are talking about Detroit, not the Wolves. Maybe I'm missing something - but the entire last bunch of posts have been about who Detroit might select if they go Number One.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:03 pm We are talking about Detroit, not the Wolves. Maybe I'm missing something - but the entire last bunch of posts have been about who Detroit might select if they go Number One.
No fucking kidding! I was just making a joke about the Wolves lottery luck, but it obviously went over the top….
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

OK.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:06 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:42 pm A lot of older veterans that we have all liked at points over their productive careers.

can't believe you didn't mention Cory Joseph. Didn't he have an on going thing here for about two years straight?
A lot of those guys. Thad Young has had a good career, but man I did not like him at all when he played here. Dude could not rebound for shit!