Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL WILD GAME CHAT.....FEBRUARY***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

***OFFICIAL WILD GAME CHAT.....FEBRUARY***

Post by Hornets »

HEY! On to a new month of Wild chat! Unfortunately tonight's game is too late for my liking and since I have to get up around 6 tomorrow morning I won't watch more than the first period, thanks to the late start in Chicago. Last game before the break and would be a great feelin gettin 2 points headin into it!

LETS GO WILD!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Re: ***OFFICIAL WILD GAME CHAT.....FEBRUARY***

Post by Hornets »

Great. Oilers/Caps game might be headed to OT.....gonna be awhile before we get to play. :pissed:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Pretty physical first period as Hawks tryin to take advantage of Moose being out of the lineup...
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

They definitely look good tonight. Might haveta drive down to Diamond Jo's and put a ticket on the Stanley cup.
My body, my choice.
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

3 zip Wild after two.

LOL, they waited until Gus went to bed...
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

We are fucking rolling rn. When's the last time we had two elite lines like this? Ever?

Boldy has been a god send for my boy Fiala.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺZ
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Who are these Minnesota Wild and what have you done with them?
Teh DMB

Post by Teh DMB »

Fun team to watch and root for-they pulled me back in. Team comprised of mostly draft picks etc and not high $$ fancy free agents.
focker

Post by focker »

Loved that game but why the hell is a game in Chicago dropping the puck at 8:52pm. What a joke that is. I get that it's on National TV, but C'mon...
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

focker wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:38 am Loved that game but why the hell is a game in Chicago dropping the puck at 8:52pm. What a joke that is. I get that it's on National TV, but C'mon...
I think it was a nationally televised double-header and puck time got moved back 25 minutes or so because the first game ran long.
focker

Post by focker »

Slap Shot wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am
focker wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:38 am Loved that game but why the hell is a game in Chicago dropping the puck at 8:52pm. What a joke that is. I get that it's on National TV, but C'mon...
I think it was a nationally televised double-header and puck time got moved back 25 minutes or so because the first game ran long.
I just think when they want to have these double header games where the 2nd game is starting at 8:30 pm (scheduled puck drop) it should be Mountain or Pacific time zone game. Having a weekday game in Chicago start at 8:30pm is awful for the fans.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

focker wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:24 am
I just think when they want to have these double header games where the 2nd game is starting at 8:30 pm (scheduled puck drop) it should be Mountain or Pacific time zone game. Having a weekday game in Chicago start at 8:30pm is awful for the fans.
I agree especially considering the majority of the fans watching are in CST and EST time zones.
focker

Post by focker »

Slap Shot wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:30 am
focker wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:24 am

I agree especially considering the majority of the fans watching are in CST and EST time zones.
100%. There's plenty of games/teams in the PST and MST zones they can have on instead.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

At least it wasn't on ESPN+, which I don't get.
focker

Post by focker »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:04 pm
I think there's only been 1 game (the first) that was only on ESPN+ thus far correct?
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Stu Pedaso wrote: ↑Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:24 pm 3 zip Wild after two.

LOL, they waited until Gus went to bed...
Lucky for me I stayed awake through the 2nd period so saw the 3-0 lead! Was pretty confident they'd finish it out and was pleased to see they added a couple in the 3rd!
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

focker wrote: ↑Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:56 pm
I think there's only been 1 game (the first) that was only on ESPN+ thus far correct?
I believe you are correct. I guess what worries me is if any (potential) playoff games will be on ESPN+. That will piss me off. I guess I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I think my overall concern with sports on 'television' is the impact streaming/subscription services are going to have moving forward. For example, I believe the Thursday NFL games next year will be strictly streamed on Prime, except in local markets. I don't see these leagues NOT maximizing revenue streams. They'd be idiots if they didn't maximize them. And these billionaire owners are typically not idiots--at least when it comes to money. But, I don't want to have 17 different streaming services, either.
focker

Post by focker »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:48 am
I believe you are correct. I guess what worries me is if any (potential) playoff games will be on ESPN+. That will piss me off. I guess I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I think my overall concern with sports on 'television' is the impact streaming/subscription services are going to have moving forward. For example, I believe the Thursday NFL games next year will be strictly streamed on Prime, except in local markets. I don't see these leagues NOT maximizing revenue streams. They'd be idiots if they didn't maximize them. And these billionaire owners are typically not idiots--at least when it comes to money. But, I don't want to have 17 different streaming services, either.
I do wonder about this as well. I have Amazon Prime and will get the Thursday games. As these streaming services get more and more content fans may be faced with having to pay for them to get access to games.

Keep in mind that many of those game used to be on the NFL network, which is only available on most cable packages by paying an additional fee. These games were essentially already on a 'additional platform, until they were added to Network TV for a season very recently (believe just this year alone).
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

focker wrote: ↑Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 am

I do wonder about this as well. I have Amazon Prime and will get the Thursday games. As these streaming services get more and more content fans may be faced with having to pay for them to get access to games.

Keep in mind that many of those game used to be on the NFL network, which is only available on most cable packages by paying an additional fee. These games were essentially already on a 'additional platform, until they were added to Network TV for a season very recently (believe just this year alone).
Yeah, I get it. And I do get the NFL Network, which I assume comes with my 'sports package bundle'. On a side note, I'm an NFL nerd. But, again, I don't want to have too many subscription services. I plan to get Paramount+ soon. There are also a ton of series on Prime I've been wanting to see. So, long story short, it behooves me to clean my 'watch list' on Netflix. Then, I'll jettison that next fall. I'm sure they'd take me back...
focker

Post by focker »

Angry Waters wrote: ↑Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:02 pm
focker wrote: ↑Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 am

Yeah, I get it. And I do get the NFL Network, which I assume comes with my 'sports package bundle'. On a side note, I'm an NFL nerd. But, again, I don't want to have too many subscription services. I plan to get Paramount+ soon. There are also a ton of series on Prime I've been wanting to see. So, long story short, it behooves me to clean my 'watch list' on Netflix. Then, I'll jettison that next fall. I'm sure they'd take me back...
Same here. I get the Xfinity 'Sports Package' to watch Red Zone, then shut it off once football is done for the year.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

So the Jets put center Pierre-Luc, d man Neal Pionk and forward Austin Polanski on the COVID list yesterday. Significant loses.

Hope we win this one.

We get Foligno back, but Dumba will be out at least one more game.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I always think back to the old WHA matchups between the Jets and the Fighting Saints!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Yikes...an early Hartman penalty leads to a tilted rink for the Jets for the first 5 minutes
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

WOW! A double fight with Greenway and Foligno going at it with Lowery and Dillon! Greenway of course loses his and Foligno wins his!
YoMammyBich

Post by YoMammyBich »

Jets are fricken scrappy. :punch:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

YoMammyBich wrote: ↑Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm Jets are fricken scrappy. :punch:
Yeah, it's a rough one Yo Mammy!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

"O" fence is hard to come by so far...
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LOVE havin Boldy on the PP
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Can't dent the twine through 2 periods and we are down 1-0
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

How the Wild ended up on the PK that led to the first WIN goal...?

However the Wild played poorly and didn't deserve a W.

It's amazing how many people in the Wild FB page are losing their minds over one game. Good grief.