Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

College hoops corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs, lottery picks

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
The Replacements

College hoops corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs, lottery picks

Post by The Replacements »

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colleg ... 17174.html

Anyone want to guess some of the potential Hall of Fame coaches:

Calipari has to be one of them.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: College hoops corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs, lottery picks

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-colleg ... 17174.html

Anyone want to guess some of the potential Hall of Fame coaches:

Calipari has to be one of them.
Calipari, Boheim, Williams, Pitino, Calhoun.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Re: College hoops corruption case poised to take down Hall of Fame coaches, top programs, lottery picks

Post by bubu dubu. »

There was supposed to be a big bomb with this story when Pitino got fired, then it never came. Maybe it finally is. The article says its going to take down former lottery picks, but how? They arent going to prison. They'll keep making their millions.

Anyone else feel Coach K might go down? He all of a sudden joined the world of one and dones just a few years ago.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 pm There was supposed to be a big bomb with this story when Pitino got fired, then it never came. Maybe it finally is. The article says its going to take down former lottery picks, but how? They arent going to prison. They'll keep making their millions.

Anyone else feel Coach K might go down? He all of a sudden joined the world of one and dones just a few years ago.
I'm sure Coach K has some dirt. You are not a top college program without some funny business. It's been this way for years and years. You have to dp what you have to do to win.

That's why the Gophers never win anything.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:22 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 pm There was supposed to be a big bomb with this story when Pitino got fired, then it never came. Maybe it finally is. The article says its going to take down former lottery picks, but how? They arent going to prison. They'll keep making their millions.

I'm sure Coach K has some dirt. You are not a top college program without some funny business. It's been this way for years and years. You have to dp what you have to do to win.

Gophers run a clean ship and our final 4 appearance in 97 is better than any dirty championship...

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Gophers run a clean ship and our final 4 appearance in 97 is better than any dirty championship...

That's been taken away though. Were you making a joke? The one year we did cheat was the best year I saw lol. That's not even cheating either. Most these guy's can't spell their own names and are not even there for school. No shit someone is passing them.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:27 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:25 pm

That's been taken away though. Were you making a joke? The one year we did cheat was the best year I saw lol. That's not even cheating either. Most these guy's can't spell their own names and are not even there for school. No shit someone is passing them.
Yeah, it was a joke. Seems the only way to stay relevant is to cheat...Lousville paying players, UNC handing out A's like candy for one paragraph essays, Mich St (and many others) looking the other way on criminal conduct when it involves athletes, etc...etc... Only pure thing in college basketball right now seems to be the mid-majors, who's biggest hope is to get something like a 10 seed and then have an upset or two, until they get dominated by a school that cheats the system. That, and I'm guessing a lot of other Big Ten teams like Wisconsin (hate to say it) or Purdue who I'm guessing run a clean ship.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Kansas and Bill Self will for sure be on this list.

You'd think Roy Williams and John Calipari will be on but who knows at this point.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
The Replacements

Vacated 2013 National title. Does that mean I have to return my winnings for that years NCAA bracket?
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

It’s nice to see this taken more seriously. Sick of the cheaters.

But North Carolina fights their allegations tooth and nail saying it’s an "academic issue?” Bullshit. They should receive the death penalty and vacate multiple championships. It’s sickening that if you’re a "blue blood" cheater you can get away with the worst. Maybe Papa Pitino and Louisville going down will lead to more schools being held responsible.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ncaa-rules
Teams identified in FBI probe
The list of schools identified in the FBI probe, reported by Yahoo! Sports, are divided into three distinctions: players who received impermissible benefits and preferential treatment, players identified in expense reports by former ASM employee Christian Dawkins and players who met with Dawkins.
-- Some schools appear in multiple categories.

Potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families (including schools that had players who received $10,000 or more in questionable benefits):

Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
NC State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington

School named in Dawkins expense reports

(Seeking reimbursement for thousands of dollars he reported as being paid to college and high school players and their families):
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Michigan State
USC
Texas

Team which had a player/player's family listed as meeting with Dawkins:

Alabama
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Iowa State
Duke
Kentucky
North Carolina
Creighton
Texas
Virginia

Schools named with active players implicated:

Alabama (Collin Sexton)
Duke (Wendell Carter)
Kentucky (Kevin Knox)
Michigan State (Miles Bridges)
South Carolina (Brian Bowen)
Texas (Eric Davis Jr.)
USC (Bennie Boatwright)

Schools named with former players implicated:

Clemson
Creighton
Iowa State
Kansas
Louisville
LSU
Maryland
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Seton Hall
Utah
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Washington
Wichita State
Xavier
Style

Post by Style »

TIMBER!

This is only the start.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I'm a little underwhelmed at this point... and relieved that Minnesota isn't on the list. Plenty of morons said Pitino would be in the group with Washington... now after you've seen Washington play for the season, despite being a four star, we know why the top tier programs didn't go hard after him.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Federal college basketball probe shows entire NCAA is out of control
NCAA President Mark Emmert released a statement Friday that begins, “These allegations, if true, point to systematic failures that must be fixed and fixed now if we want college sports in America.”
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

It should be pointed out that the Bowen kid at South Carolina was getting paid by Louisville and then transferred after it was outed. I think South Carolina is just a bystander.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

It looks to me like the FBI is saying to the NCAA if you won't do anything about the spiraling corruption, we will.
It's been going on since there has been national champions, but it feels like the stakes keep going up. Glad I'm out.
Ketchup can be nuancy
The Replacements

According to ESPN's Mark Schlabach, the FBI has a wiretap of Arizona's Sean Miller discussing a $100K payment to land Ayton, one of college basketball's current best players as a freshman.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it's a cesspool.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 am According to ESPN's Mark Schlabach, the FBI has a wiretap of Arizona's Sean Miller discussing a $100K payment to land Ayton, one of college basketball's current best players as a freshman.
He's not coaching tonight. It's over for him.. he'll be an assistant in the NBA next year.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Come on! This has been going on for AGES in college sports. Does it make it right? No. I just can't believe some of you are so disgusted now.

It's big business. Who gives a shit if these kids get paid etc.. These universities make millions on them, sell their jerseys etc and a brotha can't get a piece?!? cot damn!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:50 pm Come on! This has been going on for AGES in college sports. Does it make it right? No. I just can't believe some of you are so disgusted now.

It's big business. Who gives a shit if these kids get paid etc.. These universities make millions on them, sell their jerseys etc and a brotha can't get a piece?!? cot damn!
Frankly I'm not disgusted but I like seeing people get caught. MN has had plenty of issues that have hurt the program over the years and we've seen fans of other programs celebrate that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:50 pm Come on! This has been going on for AGES in college sports. Does it make it right? No. I just can't believe some of you are so disgusted now.

Frankly I'm not disgusted but I like seeing people get caught. MN has had plenty of issues that have hurt the program over the years and we've seen fans of other programs celebrate that.
True. I just get irritated with fans who think "Never my team". Every single major college program is guilty of this at some point. It's a matter of how much you are doing it and getting caught.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:43 pm
I know who he is, but is he even any good?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

D_H wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:24 pm
One of the top players in the 2018 class.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... -neal-5080
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Cool
So in other words we have no chance of getting him :thumbsdown:
The Replacements

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm

I don't blame the players but I want to expose the coaches, agencies, AAU, shoe companies and anyone else involved. Maybe then we can fix some of the problems.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

D_H wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Cool
Why would Shaq's son come to Minnesota? Plus the Gophers have Murphy, Curry and Oturu... they need a guard hence they're after Ramey and Simons who are former Louisville commits, highly rated too.
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:23 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Cool
Why would Shaq's son come to Minnesota? Plus the Gophers have Murphy, Curry and Oturu... they need a guard hence they're after Ramey and Simons who are former Louisville commits, highly rated too.
Ralph Sampson's kid came to Minnesota so put that in your pipe and smoke it

:beer: