Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Reggie Lynch

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
Hornets

Reggie Lynch

Post by Hornets »

He gone!

Dropped his appeal claiming he wouldn't get a fair shake.....right. Now wants to pursue an NBA career....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
full force five

Re: Reggie Lynch

Post by full force five »

He will play in Europe or elsewhere. NBA, nope.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Will the University investigate those that brought him to Minnesota? It sounds like Lynch's criminal behavior was known by many dating back to his high school days.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:16 pm Will the University investigate those that brought him to Minnesota? It sounds like Lynch's criminal behavior was known by many dating back to his high school days.
I think the "U" is going to try and sweep this under the rug, be done with it, and hope beyond hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head evah again.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

yeah clear him out so the next story can come out.

The gopher program is loaded with these issues. Like many teams with the mantra of next guy up, at the U of M it is ..next rapist up.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sure seems like our big school gets more than it's share of bad deals going on. Do we just get caught more than otha schools or why don't we hear of all these things at Sconny & Iowa for example...
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:16 pm Will the University investigate those that brought him to Minnesota? It sounds like Lynch's criminal behavior was known by many dating back to his high school days.
What are you looking for here? Investigate the coaches and punish them for behavior which Lynch doesn't have on his record? I don't think it's a coincidence Pitino brought in many speakers the summer of 2016 because some of the players were not acting appropriately but if Lynch has been raping women in his past, it's on authorities to go after this guy.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Simple question: Did Pitino bring in a player knowingly with a history of criminal behavior to win basketball games? From what I've read (maybe it's wrong), Lynch was a known serial sexual predator dating back to high school.

Is the son like the dad? If the answer is yes, send him packing. Bring in your guy Bickerstaff.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm Simple question: Did Pitino bring in a player knowingly with a history of criminal behavior to win basketball games? From what I've read (maybe it's wrong), Lynch was a known serial sexual predator dating back to high school.

Is the son like the dad? If the answer is yes, send him packing. Bring in your guy Bickerstaff.
There is no doubt he knew something about it. His high school teachers said it was known around the school. No way they didn't have some idea about it. Problem is, how do you prove it?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

The Replacements wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm Simple question: Did Pitino bring in a player knowingly with a history of criminal behavior to win basketball games? From what I've read (maybe it's wrong), Lynch was a known serial sexual predator dating back to high school.

Criminal behavior yet he's never been convicted? Is Reggie Lynch going to jail because the EOAA wanted to boot him out of school? My assumption is we have a case here where a creep is taking advantage of drunk women.... it'd be nice to prosecute that and put him behind bars with a sex offender label but the one time he was actually arrested, he was cleared, no charges and the EOAA didn't find anything to punish him for either.

Call Lynch what you want, I call him a pathetic creep who apparently never learned to respect women... I'm not calling for Pitino's head on this one though. He's done things to try and clean up the program's reputation, if he gets canned anytime soon it's for what happened on the floor.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:49 pm

There is no doubt he knew something about it. His high school teachers said it was known around the school. No way they didn't have some idea about it. Problem is, how do you prove it?
His teachers knew he was assaulting women (supposedly) and didn't do anything about it? They should be thrown in jail.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 pm

His teachers knew he was assaulting women (supposedly) and didn't do anything about it? They should be thrown in jail.
There was a article, maybe by Tribune or Pioneer Press? I read it. His high school teacher's said it was well known he was a threat. They said girls around the school kind of helped each other out telling others who didn't know etc to stay away from him. a teacher said that it was widely known you didn't want to be at a party or left alone with this guy.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 pm

There was a article, maybe by Tribune or Pioneer Press? I read it. His high school teacher's said it was well known he was a threat. They said girls around the school kind of helped each other out telling others who didn't know etc to stay away from him. a teacher said that it was widely known you didn't want to be at a party or left alone with this guy.
A teacher? Please send the article... I need to see it for my own eyes. How a teacher would go on record years later and say he was a known threat and no one did anything about it is beyond me. I should send an e-mail to said school.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/05/g ... pt-secret/

My bad it was students and not teachers who said this. It's been awhile since I read it. You are telling me that all these people knew, the one woman (Forget her name) said she had had meetings in 2016 qbout how atrocious his behavior was on campus and Coyle has admitted to having this meeting. Also, he transferred from his last college because of allegations like this.

I'm sure Richard knew nothing lol :roll:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 pm https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/05/g ... pt-secret/

My bad it was students and not teachers who said this. It's been awhile since I read it. You are telling me that all these people knew, the one woman (Forget her name) said she had had meetings in 2016 qbout how atrocious his behavior was on campus and Coyle has admitted to having this meeting. Also, he transferred from his last college because of allegations like this.

I'm sure Richard knew nothing lol :roll:
I remember reading a similar article, I was going to say.. if teachers ignored, that's a huge deal so I'm glad you corrected yourself. That's quite misleading given teachers have authority.. unreported items could face serious consequences...

Abby Honold might be the person you're talking about, she's a big advocate for women who have been raped. I believe she met with Coyle but it's not like Coyle could say anything to her about with the student privacy laws. So you listen and probably go back to your staff and try to figure out what's going on with him. The EOAA's investigation begins in the fall, right?

I'm sure Richard AND Coyle knew the investigation was ongoing but what do you do? I think they had to wait for the findings/recommendations to come in. They had already gone through this once with him and nothing came of it.

And your point about him transferring... again, this has been a rumor but there's no 100% evidence that supports it. There's no investigations/arrests etc coming from there. That matters at the end of the day... you can't always make decisions based on rumors. I've already admitted I think the guy is a creep and likely someone who has taken advantage of drunken women.... I also don't think he knocks them over the head and carries them to his room to violate, do you?
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

full force five wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 am He will play in Europe or elsewhere. NBA, nope.
Unless Europe doesn't want rapey Americans in their league. Odds are with his body of work he is just going to be a creepy tall guy!