Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

I have a theory that the moment of death is the most peaceful of our lives

Scientific stuff, religious stuff, and all of the shit we don't yet know about like spooky ghosts and bigfoot.
Fatass Vikings Fan

I have a theory that the moment of death is the most peaceful of our lives

Post by Fatass Vikings Fan »

I plan to verify through self-experiment one day.

I think in the literal instant before death, there is ultimate peace. This is because all the pain and confusion of our earthly life is lifted, and we finally see reality as it is.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
weimy froob

Re: I have a theory that the moment of death is the most peaceful of our lives

Post by weimy froob »

Our lives really DO flash before us: Scientists record the brain activity of an 87-year-old man at the moment he died, revealing a rapid 'memory retrieval' process

What happens in the brain as we die has been a source of mystery for centuries, but a new study suggests our lives really do flash before our eyes in our final moments.

Neuroscientists inadvertently recorded a dying brain while they were using electroencephalography (EEG) to detect and treat seizures in an 87-year-old man, and he suffered a cardiac arrest.

It was the first time ever that scientists had recorded the activity of a dying human brain, according to the team.

Rhythmic brain wave patterns were observed to be similar to those occurring during memory retrieval, as well as dreaming and meditation.

This supports a theory known as 'life recall' – that we relive our entire life in the space of seconds like a flash of lightning just prior to death.

In fact, the brain may remain active and coordinated during and after the transition to death, and may even be programmed to 'orchestrate the whole ordeal', according to the researchers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... vents.html
salamander

Post by salamander »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:56 pm
In fact, the brain may remain active and coordinated during and after the transition to death, and may even be programmed to 'orchestrate the whole ordeal', according to the researchers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... vents.html
That's kind of fucked up.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

It might be, unless you die being mauled by a tiger. Then it's probably not very peaceful.
I made this!