Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2023 Gopher Recruits

Home for Gopher Basketball
Hornets

Re: 2023 Gopher Recruits

Post by Hornets »

Loved watching him on 'What's Happening!'

***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

hell yeah! how much did we have to pay him?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Rivals has him as the #13 overall recruit in the country. yowzer.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Wow! What a signing! Where does this put this class nationally for Ben?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:11 am Wow! What a signing! Where does this put this class nationally for Ben?
High 20s, low 30s? Somewhere in that range. Basketball recruiting is tough to rank. Gophers have two recruits, Duke has five 5-star guys committed.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:06 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:11 am Wow! What a signing! Where does this put this class nationally for Ben?
High 20s, low 30s? Somewhere in that range. Basketball recruiting is tough to rank. Gophers have two recruits, Duke has five 5-star guys committed.
Does that mean Duke will be better? :lol:
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:36 pm hell yeah! how much did we have to pay him?
He turned down big money at TCU.... and probably other places. His bond with Jaden Henley must be very tight!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

The second kid they got, Cameron Christie, is also a four star recruit. 6’5” SG out of Illinois.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:10 pm The second kid they got, Cameron Christie, is also a four star recruit. 6’5” SG out of Illinois.
Yep, they could turn this thing around and be relevant very quickly.
Let's get Tropical
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:28 pm
Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:10 pm The second kid they got, Cameron Christie, is also a four star recruit. 6’5” SG out of Illinois.
The gophers don’t have any seniors.what happens to those scholarship kids that are bad? Do these new kids get their scholarships? Will coach tell the current players to transfer?
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:04 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:28 pm
The gophers don’t have any seniors.what happens to those scholarship kids that are bad? Do these new kids get their scholarships? Will coach tell the current players to transfer?
Scholarships are awarded year to year so yes they have the ability to not renew all or 1/2 of a scholarship from a player.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Looking at our roster for next year here’s where I see things at.

Pg: ?, cooper
Sg: Christie, carrington
Sf: battle, Henley, betts
Pf: Garcia, ola Joseph
C: evans, Payne

We’re definitely gonna be deeper and much more talented next year, but I’m worried about our options at point guard. Cooper doesn’t excite me at all, I really hope Johnson hits the portal hard for one so that cooper gets relegated to the bench.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

SKOLMN wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:43 pm Looking at our roster for next year here’s where I see things at.

We’re definitely gonna be deeper and much more talented next year, but I’m worried about our options at point guard. Cooper doesn’t excite me at all, I really hope Johnson hits the portal hard for one so that cooper gets relegated to the bench.
Plus Fox and Ihnen
Let's get Tropical
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

SKOLMN wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:43 pm Looking at our roster for next year here’s where I see things at.

Giving up on Treyton Thompson?
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:53 am

Yes. He’s just not a Big10 level player.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:53 am

Not necessarily, but the guys I mentioned above are all ben Johnson’s guys. Thompson, and the rest of the roster were inherited and it wouldn’t surprise me if Ben told them to look elsewhere for playing time
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Maybe they'll get Shikenjanksi talked in to coming out.

For the record, I have no steam that suggests that's a possibility.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
hategreenticemase

cmd24 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:17 pm

He is not a big 10 player. Really odd shot - its almost a set shot. He is ridiculous at getting to the rim and finishing though - really, really good, but not sure that translates in P5 conferences with his size. I am surprised he didnt at least get mid major attention. He is a savvy and deceptive defender also.

He is a better basketball player than qb imo. Doubt he ever plays for the football squad. But he is a hell of an athlete and competitor so nothing would surprise me.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:03 pm

He is not a big 10 player. Really odd shot - its almost a set shot. He is ridiculous at getting to the rim and finishing though - really, really good, but not sure that translates in P5 conferences with his size. I am surprised he didnt at least get mid major attention. He is a savvy and deceptive defender also.

He is a better basketball player than qb imo. Doubt he ever plays for the football squad. But he is a hell of an athlete and competitor so nothing would surprise me.
I believe he was committed to Ed Conroy at the Citadel before picking Gophers football as a walk on.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
hategreenticemase

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:22 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:03 pm

I believe he was committed to Ed Conroy at the Citadel before picking Gophers football as a walk on.
You are correct. I believe it only D1 offer which really surprises me. Again, size wise and shooting wise I dont think he is a P5 kid, but everything else he is very good to elite at and to me is easily a good mid major kid.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

This team is fucked

bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:31 pm This team is fucked

Good players don't want to play for the Big Ten bottom feeder and a coach that's over his head, shocking!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ben needs to go....the Evans family realized that while Mr. Johnson might be a nice guy, he's a lousy coach. Coyle swung mightily and missed with both Ben and Whalen. Should Coyle lose HIS job over this? This is a catastrophe. Guessing that Cunningham recruit bails as well.

SKY U YUCK
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

The Gophers will be active in the transfer portal. I’m not saying they’ll find a guy as good, but there will be plenty of bigs on the move.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Well, that sucks. So much for hoping for a better year next year.
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I have never been real high on him to start with, but it's not like this team was any good when he signed. Says a lot about your lack of character and little confidence in yourself to walk away after you sign an LOI.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It's time to jump on the Tommies bandwagon. This is their second D1 season and they are already the best D1 basketball program in the state.
Let's get Tropical
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:11 pm It's time to jump on the Tommies bandwagon. This is their second D1 season and they are already the best D1 basketball program in the state.
Yeah. But they can't play in the NCAA tournament until 2027.

Sound like Urkel Evans might end up at Louisville. Tough to blame the Gophers suckiness if that ends up being the case, as the Cardinals are currently 4-24. I assume Papa John is still covertly making substantial donations to Louisville athletics.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:34 am
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:11 pm It's time to jump on the Tommies bandwagon. This is their second D1 season and they are already the best D1 basketball program in the state.
Yeah. But they can't play in the NCAA tournament until 2027.

Sound like Urkel Evans might end up at Louisville. Tough to blame the Gophers suckiness if that ends up being the case, as the Cardinals are currently 4-24. I assume Papa John is still covertly making substantial donations to Louisville athletics.
They'll still be in the tournament long before the Gophers will be.
Let's get Tropical