Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The official "FUCK the bucs" game thread

Home for Gopher football topics
Sid Hartman

Re: The official "FUCK the bucs" game thread

Post by Sid Hartman »

Observations:

1.) Fleck still runs the same shitty offense with zero scheming or creativity…I mean why do we need to look over the the sideline to get the play with 5 seconds left on play lock if the only play option is read option and hand it to the running back. It’s amazing to see a coach like Ryan Day (albeit with better talent) scheme players open. The Gophers every play it’s a contested play as there is zero separation

2.) where to begin, they couldn’t even get lined up half the time. The linebackers are slow, the safeties can’t tackle. Ohio St had 4 scores over 56 yards tonight. That is absolutely pathetic. Rossi got a lot of praise for his simplifying defense after Rob Smith disaster but it looks like he needs to do that again

3.) Mo being done for season sucks, he’s the only back capable of breaking a tackle. Other backs are more outside runners so we will see if PJ adjusts the offense, doubt it

4.) We May have found a kicker praise the lord

5.) why even put a kick returner out there if you are going to just accept the ball at 25 every time

6.) Penalties…21-17 lead and then the Laundry came out
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

It's called a push

Gophers +14 means you get your money back. You don't win and you don't lose, you push as the game ended 31-45
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

If I were to bet tonight on OSU to cover at 14, my money is gone tonight.

I didn't bet on this game however.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

NutCupGuy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:47 pm It's called a push

Gophers +14 means you get your money back. You don't win and you don't lose, you push as the game ended 31-45
I've never gotten that. Maybe in Vegas which I have admittedly never bet.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:45 pm Observations:

1.) Fleck still runs the same shitty offense with zero scheming or creativity…I mean why do we need to look over the the sideline to get the play with 5 seconds left on play lock if the only play option is read option and hand it to the running back. It’s amazing to see a coach like Ryan Day (albeit with better talent) scheme players open. The Gophers every play it’s a contested play as there is zero separation

2.) where to begin, they couldn’t even get lined up half the time. The linebackers are slow, the safeties can’t tackle. Ohio St had 4 scores over 56 yards tonight. That is absolutely pathetic. Rossi got a lot of praise for his simplifying defense after Rob Smith disaster but it looks like he needs to do that again

3.) Mo being done for season sucks, he’s the only back capable of breaking a tackle. Other backs are more outside runners so we will see if PJ adjusts the offense, doubt it

5.) why even put a kick returner out there if you are going to just accept the ball at 25 every time

Pretty much agree with this but a couple things....

I don't know that Mo is done yet. Also, the flags didn't cause the Gophers to lose. Had no problem with the way the officials did there thing. Things to question? Sure but there is in most games. No "Laundry" kept the Gophers from winning this game.

The helmet to helmet hit was complete BS but it didn't factor in to the win but they should have protected the kid.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Pretty much agree with this but a couple things....

I don't know that Mo is done yet. Also, the flags didn't cause the Gophers to lose. Had no problem with the way the officials did there thing. Things to question? Sure but there is in most games. No "Laundry" kept the Gophers from winning this game.

The helmet to helmet hit was complete BS but it didn't factor in to the win but they should have protected the kid.
Agree penalties did not decide the game, Fleck knew his defense sucked and had no faith in his QB and that is why he sat on the ball at end of first half.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

It's not Fleck's offense. He's pretty hands-off and trusts the coordinators. Mike Sanford is a problem. I will never, ever understand why Matt Simon was not promoted to OC following the Outback Bowl.
Especially from a guy that preaches family and loyalty.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:54 pm

It's not Fleck's offense. He's pretty hands-off and trusts the coordinators. Mike Sanford is a problem. I will never, ever understand why Matt Simon was not promoted to OC following the Outback Bowl.
It was same offense before Sanford, the philosophy is coming from head coach…just like Zimmer
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Feek, I know you bet on sports, I'm not saying the other guy is wrong where he bets but I never get my money back on hitting the exact #

That's a loss where I bet I believe. Just making sure I ain't nuts.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 pm Feek, I know you bet on sports, I'm not saying the other guy is wrong where he bets but I never get my money back on hitting the exact #

I actually don't bet on sports. Maybe 5 times in my life.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:58 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 pm Feek, I know you bet on sports, I'm not saying the other guy is wrong where he bets but I never get my money back on hitting the exact #

Thought you did. Maybe I'm thinking daily fantasy? Which I don't play.

I only do the Froob chat fantasy football league every year for years.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Yeah, I waste plenty of money on DFS. Throwing 5 bucks at a lineup appeals to me. Betting 25 bucks on a game to win 20 bucks does not.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:10 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Yeah, I waste plenty of money on DFS. Throwing 5 bucks at a lineup appeals to me. Betting 25 bucks on a game to win 20 bucks does not.
Nice.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Philip John just said he doesn't know Mos status.

I just know that a few years ago, we saw that same pop in Rhodes leg and that twitter doctor Cho said it was his achiilles and Zimmer ripped him.

Rhodes missed a week I believe of he even missed that and was back.

Not saying he isn't out for the year but let's not freak yet.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Chet Manly

Post by Chet Manly »

I get that OSU is likely the best, strongest, and fastest offense we’ll see all year. However, we blew so many coverages and got carved up so bad that I think it’s fair to say we’ve seen enough of this defense to know that this isn’t the year, either…

That was a pathetic performance on the D side of the ball, which really says something considering how un-awe inspiring the offense looked, too…
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sid Hartman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:55 pm
feekdogg wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:54 pm

It was same offense before Sanford, the philosophy is coming from head coach…just like Zimmer

I don't know all the ins and outs with this but I will say this is how the offense has looked no matter the coordinator with Fleck. But it also looked exactly like this with Claeys and Kill.

I think it's more the product of having shit QB play. I have never seen this team have a capable QB. Maybe Weber but he still wasn't that good. Better than this shit? Yes.

I had to look at a wiki of Gophers QBs and when your list is Weber as #1 and fucking Cupito who was complete shit is #2, holy fuck I of all people didn't think it was that bad.

The list of Gophers QBs since I was in middle school is absolutely absurd. Weber looks like Tom Brady compared to what there has been here. I forgot about some of these turds and others I havent.

I had BIG time hype for Khaliq when I was ending high school and it never panned out but I have never had hype in anyone since.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I don't think there was anything wrong with the offense. It played to its strengths. Yes, its archaic, but its effective. You are playing a mini NFL team here, and the line and running game held its own, and kept the team in the game. When we play a team like tO$U, it just shows that we will likely never win a National Championship again. You just can't compete with that talent. Like it has been for the last several decades, Wisconsin and Iowa is our benchmark of what we can be. Kind of a moral victory in that I think we showed we can reach that Iowa/Wisconsin level, but also demoralizing in realizing we can never reach Ohio State's talent level.

Another thought is that, even if PJ wants to be loyal to this program, and build it up to that Wisconsin type level...eventually he will get bored, knowing he can never get to that National Championship level.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:25 am I don't think there was anything wrong with the offense. It played to its strengths. Yes, its archaic, but its effective. You are playing a mini NFL team here, and the line and running game held its own, and kept the team in the game. When we play a team like tO$U, it just shows that we will likely never win a National Championship again. You just can't compete with that talent. Like it has been for the last several decades, Wisconsin and Iowa is our benchmark of what we can be. Kind of a moral victory in that I think we showed we can reach that Iowa/Wisconsin level, but also demoralizing in realizing we can never reach Ohio State's talent level.

Another thought is that, even if PJ wants to be loyal to this program, and build it up to that Wisconsin type level...eventually he will get bored, knowing he can never get to that National Championship level.
It's not to Wisconsins level yet and not even close.

How many Rose Bowls? Big 10 West championships have we won? Played in a Big 10 championship, been close to being talked about in national championship discussions before?

Wisconsin does that almost yearly. They are ranked in the top 10 right now.

Fleck hasn't accompanied much more than the best year Kill had. It was close to the same year l, both made a NY day bowl. Fleck won his and Kill lost his.

Kill and Fleck took this program from terrible to mediocre.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:25 am I don't think there was anything wrong with the offense. It played to its strengths. Yes, its archaic, but its effective. You are playing a mini NFL team here, and the line and running game held its own, and kept the team in the game. When we play a team like tO$U, it just shows that we will likely never win a National Championship again. You just can't compete with that talent. Like it has been for the last several decades, Wisconsin and Iowa is our benchmark of what we can be. Kind of a moral victory in that I think we showed we can reach that Iowa/Wisconsin level, but also demoralizing in realizing we can never reach Ohio State's talent level.

You going to say what Fleck is doing is anything like what Alvarez did? That's laughable. Fleck has already been here for a good amount of time. He will never get this program to Wisconsin's level and he will bolt long before it's ever there.

If he can even eek out enough juice this season to go somewhere bigger I predict he will bail after this season but if Mo is out, he's likely stuck here for a couple more seasons.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

You get a push if it hits the exact number. I bet on Ohio State to cover tonight at 14, and got my money back (Bovada).

Side note from the game, I raked tonight on college football...

wins...
UCF in game bet second half -7
UCF in game bet to win when they were down 10
UC Davis and Tulsa under 54.5
Coastal Carolina -33.5
Western Illinois and Ball State under 58.5

Push
Ohio State -14

Loss
UNLV and Eastern Washington under 66 (fuck you double OT!!)
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:39 am

You get a push if it hits the exact number. I bet on Ohio State to cover tonight at 14, and got my money back (Bovada).

wins...
Coastal Carolina -33.5

Push
Ohio State -14

Loss
Crazy I might be thinking of the .5 I use Bovada. I havent bet anything but boxing and some march madness for the last couple years.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

wins...
Coastal Carolina -33.5

Push
Ohio State -14

Loss
I'm also not saying Fleck is a bad coach. He's the guy I wanted hired. I just don't think anyone can make this program into anything special. It's sucked since the 30's for fucks sake. I don't think Nick Saban could get it done here.

Gophers basketball could do it with the right person imo but the football program is a lost cause. The sad thing is Gophers hoops looks in even worse shape than the football program right now but I believe that can be saved. Takes a lot less.people to turn that around.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I'm pounding some ice cold Hamm's, dawg.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:40 am

wins...
Coastal Carolina -33.5

Push
Ohio State -14

Loss
Crazy I might be thinking of the .5 I use Bovada. I havent bet anything but boxing and some march madness for the last couple years.
yeah, if theres a .5 on the line, you cant push. Its rare to find games that don't have the .5 for that reason, but the Gopher game for weeks for some reason was right at 14. I thought it would move more in favor of tO$U, but it never did. I think bookies wanted money coming in on Ohio State, thinking the Gophers would cover having an experienced team, at home, against a freshman QB.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:45 pm
NutCupGuy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 pm Most people get their money back as the line on this game was -14 at most sports books for a week up until game time. It ticked to -13.5 or -14.5 but it was mostly a clean 14

95% of people will get their bets back
Where the fuck do you bet?

I have never got my money back hitting the exact number.
What? You don't know what a push is? But yeah, you are this big bettor! Good Lord. :lol:
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:58 am
NutCupGuy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 pm Most people get their money back as the line on this game was -14 at most sports books for a week up until game time. It ticked to -13.5 or -14.5 but it was mostly a clean 14

95% of people will get their bets back

What? You don't know what a push is? But yeah, you are this big bettor! Good Lord. :lol:
He doesn’t know a fucking thing about anything. Add sports betting to the list. Nobody is surprised by this.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:44 am I'm pounding some ice cold Hamm's, dawg.
LOVE IT RT!!!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

-Jaymo- wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 pm

He doesn’t know a fucking thing about anything. Add sports betting to the list. Nobody is surprised by this.
Well obviously with all the bit crap it's not always easy to know when he is actually, you know, posting something real. I never assumed the betting was part of it but obviously it is, for F sakes my wife knows what a push is in gambling. :lol:

I gotta be honest, that was hilarious.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:21 pm
-Jaymo- wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Well obviously with all the bit crap it's not always easy to know when he is actually, you know, posting something real. I never assumed the betting was part of it but obviously it is, for F sakes my wife knows what a push is in gambling. :lol:

I gotta be honest, that was hilarious.
I know what a push is, tard. I have just had places not give it to me but like I said, it may have been the .5 I was thinking about.

I rarely bet on football or sports with scores as I said before also. I do 90% of my betting on, there isn't points to bet on in that.

Also, I knew the Pedmo would show up after I mentioned this old, racist tard last night. :lol:

Oh and P.S. I sure knew enough that the Gophers weren't going to win this game. :lol:

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Any official word on Mo yet? Might as well get the bad news out of the way....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: