Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

the James Webb Space Telescope

Scientific stuff, religious stuff, and all of the shit we don't yet know about like spooky ghosts and bigfoot.
weimy froob

the James Webb Space Telescope

Post by weimy froob »

Big Head

Re: the James Webb Space Telescope

Post by Big Head »

This is huge if it works as designed
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Big Head wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:07 am This is huge if it works as designed
agreed. pretty cool.
AlohaBob

Post by AlohaBob »

As someone who works at the largest ground based telescopes here in Hawaii, the astronomy community is super excited and watching this closely. When up and running, we plan to work closely in collaboration with the JWST. If you consider that Hubble has a single mirror and it needed maintenance after launch because of focus issues, I am hopeful that the JWST's 18 segmented mirrors can survive the launch.
Hornets wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 pm I think those who claim to be LBGT are sick and disgusting and yet you apparently are ok with it......most dems are.
Big Head

Post by Big Head »

AlohaBob wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:58 pm As someone who works at the largest ground based telescopes here in Hawaii, the astronomy community is super excited and watching this closely. When up and running, we plan to work closely in collaboration with the JWST. If you consider that Hubble has a single mirror and it needed maintenance after launch because of focus issues, I am hopeful that the JWST's 18 segmented mirrors can survive the launch.
Yeah - seems like a lot of stuff could go wrong when launching such a precise instrument into space... However, people are smart when given a problem and enough money and time to solve it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'll just put this here.