Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Pip's latest comment about Phil

NBA Chat
somuchyummy

Pip's latest comment about Phil

Post by somuchyummy »

thoughts? i got mine, but i'll wait.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Re: Pip's latest comment about Phil

Post by somuchyummy »

nothing,eh?

here's my take. that pip still harbors a grudge about a play that happened decades ago is telling. on the face of it, yeah - i suppose he should have been given that shot. he was 50% from the field at that point in the game - and kukoc was a rookie who had gone 1 for 5. but he made it and the bulls won - it's a little weird to think that scottie was most probably sitting on the bench hoping the shot would clank and his team would lose. that rotten smell you detect is emanating from pip. it's especially damning to him that he refused to go back into the game to be the obvious decoy on the play. staining stuff.

but calling jackson a racist - it better have a lot more behind it than just that play. what other former players have called phil that? michael jordan is a person unwilling to share his opinion? dennis rodman? horace grant? bill cartwright? shaquille ofuckingneal? i don't think so. so as much as racism exists mightily in this country - and it does - i'm not ready to put that sticker on this one. i think it's lazy labeling in this case - and does damage to legit claims of racist behavior.

here's another theory that i think makes more sense - and it comes from me, who like pip comes from extremely small town roots (both of our towns had populations less than 2500). and believe me when i say that the "always the underdog, nobody appreciates me I'm gonna go eat worms, i'm just as good as those guys, small town inferiority complex" is ripe and well and nearly epidemic among people who leave small towns for bigger worlds. it doesn't leave you and i think that is what is going on with pip to this day. this is a HOF NBA all-time great who had to be a WALK ON at tiny Central Arkansas of the NAIA. he hasn't forgotten that. that stuff doesn't leave you and you're always fighting it. you can obviously add the racism that pippin has most certainly been subject to as a black man finding his way in america - but you CANNOT discount the small town, humble origins egofuck he also carries around wherever he goes. phil setting that play up for kukoc - it's like a textbook example for pip thinking that once again the small town kid doesn't get his due.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Heard on the radio when this came out that Pippen is in bad shape right emotionally right now. Former players came to Phils defense stating that they ran that play for Kukoc all the time in practice, so it wasn't like it came out of nowhere.
salamander

Post by salamander »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:19 pm nothing,eh?

here's my take. that pip still harbors a grudge about a play that happened decades ago is telling. on the face of it, yeah - i suppose he should have been given that shot. he was 50% from the field at that point in the game - and kukoc was a rookie who had gone 1 for 5. but he made it and the bulls won - it's a little weird to think that scottie was most probably sitting on the bench hoping the shot would clank and his team would lose. that rotten smell you detect is emanating from pip. it's especially damning to him that he refused to go back into the game to be the obvious decoy on the play. staining stuff.

but calling jackson a racist - it better have a lot more behind it than just that play. what other former players have called phil that? michael jordan is a person unwilling to share his opinion? dennis rodman? horace grant? bill cartwright? shaquille ofuckingneal? i don't think so. so as much as racism exists mightily in this country - and it does - i'm not ready to put that sticker on this one. i think it's lazy labeling in this case - and does damage to legit claims of racist behavior.

here's another theory that i think makes more sense - and it comes from me, who like pip comes from extremely small town roots (both of our towns had populations less than 2500). and believe me when i say that the "always the underdog, nobody appreciates me I'm gonna go eat worms, i'm just as good as those guys, small town inferiority complex" is ripe and well and nearly epidemic among people who leave small towns for bigger worlds. it doesn't leave you and i think that is what is going on with pip to this day. this is a HOF NBA all-time great who had to be a WALK ON at tiny Central Arkansas of the NAIA. he hasn't forgotten that. that stuff doesn't leave you and you're always fighting it. you can obviously add the racism that pippin has most certainly been subject to as a black man finding his way in america - but you CANNOT discount the small town, humble origins egofuck he also carries around wherever he goes. phil setting that play up for kukoc - it's like a textbook example for pip thinking that once again the small town kid doesn't get his due.
It's kind of amazing how much shit Jordan & Pippen gave and apparently still give Kukoc.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Just typical of how 'racism' is in this country. Anything and everything is labeled racism, even if there is zero evidence of racism being a factor. And one of the reasons for this is that the DEMAND for racism far exceeds the SUPPLY of racism.

Calling Phil Jackson a racist is idiotic. Calling Phil Jackson a racist because he ran a play to Tony Kukoc is even more idiotic. Lets see, the coach who won 11 NBA titles decided that he was going to call a play designed to let the white player take the shot versus the black player with the better odds of making it seems to make a lot of sense! Obvious racism.