Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Car Guys give me your opinion

Cars, bikes, and other things you work on in the garage.
focker

Re: Car Guys give me your opinion

Post by focker »

Wakanda wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:22 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:32 pm
Wakanda wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Sold!!
Yes!!!

Now you and your pops don’t have to tape your two Tin can boats together for the family reunion!!!!
I appreciate that.

Hopefully you saved enough to get your wife that shitbox shes always wanted so she can loaded it up with the junk she finds at the antique shop that she could have gotten for free down any alley on garbage day. Ba-Dow!!
:lol:

The things guy put up with to get laid...
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Wakanda wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:22 pm

Sold!!
Yes!!!

Now you and your pops don’t have to tape your two Tin can boats together for the family reunion!!!!
I appreciate that.

Hopefully you saved enough to get your wife that shitbox shes always wanted so she can loaded it up with the junk she finds at the antique shop that she could have gotten for free down any alley on garbage day. Ba-Dow!!
Wife is making straight cash homey.... know the game know the business. Making more in a week then you pull in a month. That I’d take to the bank.

Lemme know if you need a loan thinkfuck I’ll throw you a few dimes...
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

focker wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:27 pm

Yes!!!

I appreciate that.

The things guy put up with to get laid...

:lol: :lol:
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:29 pm

Yes!!!

I appreciate that.

Wife is making straight cash homey.... know the game know the business. Making more in a week then you pull in a month. That I’d take to the bank.

Wow!! Exciting stuff ! What kind of interest rate we talking ?
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Yes!!!

I appreciate that.

Does the fed find about all that cash money? Im not sure if they do... do you deposit it into a checking count or just roll straight cash under mattress?
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Yes!!!

I appreciate that.

What kind of stuff does she hunt for? What era of furniture are we talking here?

Your boy is always on the lookout for certain pieces. :thumbsup:
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Hole Nova Level

Mr Bill wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:14 am

I appreciate that.

Does the fed find about all that cash money? Im not sure if they do... do you deposit it into a checking count or just roll straight cash under mattress?
She reports her gross earnings during her weekly CoVdid testing. It's all inclusive, check the box, income, positive test, she pays taxes on the spot, negative test, she keeps the Feds cut and buys cocaine to sell at street value.

Everyone gets something.
Hole Nova Level

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:38 am

I appreciate that.

What kind of stuff does she hunt for? What era of furniture are we talking here?

"Everything". She knows the marketplace, keeps up with the trends etc....I can't figure out how she does it. But she knows what's "in" whats not. Mid century (insert whatever "style"), brass pieces, everything down to what kind of coffee mugs are trending. The sh-t she sells for price she gets is off the charts (to me anyway). I can't even deal with antique shops, vintage whatever shops...she's got the eye and the know how....She found some gold brass lamp base deal for a $1, bought a 5 dollar shade....put a bulb in it and sold it for $120....as an example. She's partner in a shop in DT hastings, so she sells her "bigger" items there, tables, lamps, shelves, etc....does some restoration if needed, apparently folks like things with "patina"?? Never heard that word before....

She's the Yin to my Yang, and says "dang" after we Bang...sorta relationship. I don't even know.
DonaldDouchebag

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:39 am

"Everything". She knows the marketplace, keeps up with the trends etc....I can't figure out how she does it. But she knows what's "in" whats not. Mid century (insert whatever "style"), brass pieces, everything down to what kind of coffee mugs are trending. The sh-t she sells for price she gets is off the charts (to me anyway). I can't even deal with antique shops, vintage whatever shops...she's got the eye and the know how....She found some gold brass lamp base deal for a $1, bought a 5 dollar shade....put a bulb in it and sold it for $120....as an example. She's partner in a shop in DT hastings, so she sells her "bigger" items there, tables, lamps, shelves, etc....does some restoration if needed, apparently folks like things with "patina"?? Never heard that word before....

She's the Yin to my Yang, and says "dang" after we Bang...sorta relationship. I don't even know.
Awesome. Good for her! I buy and resell things now and then but I don't have the space of the inclination to really go hard at it. Mostly I just buy and refinish furniture for myself.
Hole Nova Level

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:41 am

Awesome. Good for her! I buy and resell things now and then but I don't have the space of the inclination to really go hard at it. Mostly I just buy and refinish furniture for myself.
Yeah, I'm starting to have an appreciation for stuff, it's cool you refurbish. I'm more and more a believer in thrifting, clothes, certain furniture pieces etc, vs. brand new sh-t adding to more and more waste. You said it the key is "space" she does a good job keeping inventory moving, not piled up. Her mom is in the "purchase only" game doesn't move anything has sh-t stock piled, hoarder like in the house. I've been around that "world" long enough to know that a lot of these folks border on a mental illness....you find the folks that hold on to pieces for years, cuz they won't take a dollar less for their 1960's mickey-mouse-go-cart toy....like it's 10 bucks been sitting in the shop for 2 years and someone offers 5..."nope!"....ok let it sit there then??? I mean WTF....but yeah you gotta move your inventory and not get attached to it.
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

I appreciate that.

What are you the cops?!?!!?! Mind your own business

Shawty is going to the goodwill and savers and flipping the goods for fat stacks!! $1.99 Jean jacket glue some rhinestones on the back Boom $59.99. 8.99 particleboard nightstand, add some chalk paint Boom!! $150.00!

Soon Shes going to buy Hole a spray gun so he doesnt have to use spray cans to paint the next Buick in his detached garage.

Me-Ow!!!
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Hole Nova Level

Wakanda wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:50 am

Shawty is going to the goodwill and savers and flipping the goods for fat stacks!! $1.99 Jean jacket glue some rhinestones on the back Boom $59.99. 8.99 particleboard nightstand, add some chalk paint Boom!! $150.00!

Soon Shes going to buy Hole a spray gun so he doesnt have to use spray cans to paint the next Buick in his detached garage.

Me-Ow!!!
C- thnkfuck

EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:56 am

Me-Ow!!!
C- thnkfuck

Yo!

You drop an offer on that smooth red GMC yet?
Lampin'
DonaldDouchebag

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 am

Yeah, I'm starting to have an appreciation for stuff, it's cool you refurbish. I'm more and more a believer in thrifting, clothes, certain furniture pieces etc, vs. brand new sh-t adding to more and more waste. You said it the key is "space" she does a good job keeping inventory moving, not piled up. Her mom is in the "purchase only" game doesn't move anything has sh-t stock piled, hoarder like in the house. I've been around that "world" long enough to know that a lot of these folks border on a mental illness....you find the folks that hold on to pieces for years, cuz they won't take a dollar less for their 1960's mickey-mouse-go-cart toy....like it's 10 bucks been sitting in the shop for 2 years and someone offers 5..."nope!"....ok let it sit there then??? I mean WTF....but yeah you gotta move your inventory and not get attached to it.
My mom down in AZ buys stuff for me when I see it on their Marketplace or Craigslist. I have so many chairs, dude. So many chairs. :(
Hole Nova Level

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:58 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:49 am
My mom down in AZ buys stuff for me when I see it on their Marketplace or Craigslist. I have so many chairs, dude. So many chairs. :(
Oh man you got a long distance hookup. Gotta flip em'! Gonna have to cut you out of your own house with a sawzall soon!!

"Help I'm stuck between 32 chairs!"
Hole Nova Level

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Me-Ow!!!
C- thnkfuck

Yo!

No. But We're gonna meat in the middle....I don't want her in some Bootleg "old truck" - hesitant with the fixer upper market cuz, guess who gotta go get her ass when she's picking up a vintage storage chest in St. Paul??!???? MY AZZ! So we're gonna look at this:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/ ... 75899.html

This the sh-t I'm really looking for.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

My gal is good at finding the deals and she could do the same thing. Instead she just buys what she wants for our house.
Couple of examples
Set of 3 clay flower pots. Retail for all 3 was just over 250.00. She paid $60 for all 3. She could flip those easy. Nope, they are for her.
Another time she goes to a garage sale in Grand Rapids while im golfing. Grandma has about 20 hand made quilts never used. $10.00 and the lady gives her a deal for $7.50. All of them King size. She could have sold them for $200.00 a piece. Instead we have one nice one for our bed.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:11 pm

C- thnkfuck

Yo!

No. But We're gonna meat in the middle....I don't want her in some Bootleg "old truck" - hesitant with the fixer upper market cuz, guess who gotta go get her ass when she's picking up a vintage storage chest in St. Paul??!???? MY AZZ! So we're gonna look at this:

Solid pickup. She best start factoring a price increase on her wares to accommodate the mpg of those 7.5L V8 tho.

I'm not mentioning how she flexed the budget by 3x. Wives privilege I guess.
Lampin'
Hole Nova Level

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:21 pm

Yo!

Solid pickup. She best start factoring a price increase on her wares to accommodate the mpg of those 7.5L V8 tho.

She didn't "flex" nothing, that's MY budget from the jump! and we (ME) can use it year round vs. let is sit for winter. she thinks auto's work like the sh-t she buys....buy cheap fix cheap sell big....no....by cheap, fix w/big money over and over again...I didn't wanna go the "cheap" route cuz like I said, I know what's coming with this old rags...Tow Truck.
Hole Nova Level

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:15 pm

My gal is good at finding the deals and she could do the same thing. Instead she just buys what she wants for our house.
Couple of examples
Set of 3 clay flower pots. Retail for all 3 was just over 250.00. She paid $60 for all 3. She could flip those easy. Nope, they are for her.
Another time she goes to a garage sale in Grand Rapids while im golfing. Grandma has about 20 hand made quilts never used. $10.00 and the lady gives her a deal for $7.50. All of them King size. She could have sold them for $200.00 a piece. Instead we have one nice one for our bed.
Yup. Good shout out to "Quilts" wha! wha!!!

Quilts are huge in the market. no idea why, she flips them big too.

Pourin one out for the crazy quilt folks!!
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:30 pm

She didn't "flex" nothing, that's MY budget from the jump! and we (ME) can use it year round vs. let is sit for winter. she thinks auto's work like the sh-t she buys....buy cheap fix cheap sell big....no....by cheap, fix w/big money over and over again...I didn't wanna go the "cheap" route cuz like I said, I know what's coming with this old rags...Tow Truck.
Lampin'
Hole Nova Level

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:30 pm

HAHAHAHAH

GOAT!
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Me-Ow!!!
No, not cops.. just curious if she is making 4x more than my job... kind of hard to hide that kind of money.
Hole Nova Level

Mr Bill wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:00 pm

Me-Ow!!!
No, not cops.. just curious if she is making 4x more than my job... kind of hard to hide that kind of money.
Who said something about “hiding”????

That’s something you implied.