Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official PGA Championship thread**

Hornets

Re: **Official PGA Championship thread**

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:03 am
ALWAYS nice to hear what Paige has to say about gawlf, right Weimy??!! Would love to see Spieth get his grand slam but fear his wrist is not going to cooperate and may in fact cause him to withdraw at some point.

FORE!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

yep. it's going to be a good week of golf as they vie for the second major of the year. watch out for jon. i think he's going to be in the mix and he's as tough as nails when he is.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

a 1-hour, 50-minute frost delay.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

oak hill is going to test these golfers. three under leads right now--but the two betting favorites are even. scheffler and rahm.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

is the feed bad for everyone or just xfiinity?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bryson is your clubhouse leader at 4 under. scheffler one back. rahm shoots a 76. ouch.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

adam scott has the best round going in the afternoon groupings. three under thru eight.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

DJ's got a good round going. two under thru 10.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The horn has blown as players are allowed to finish the hole they started to wrap Day 1 of the PGA Championship.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

eric cole 5 under thru 14. adam and DJ are four under thru 17.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Round 2 Underway With Stacked Leaderboard. bryson with a one shot lead.

An 18-Handicapper 'Wouldn't Break 150 Around Oak Hill' - Pros Weigh In On PGA Venue

https://sports.yahoo.com/18-handicapper ... p_catchall
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

PGA Professional Michael Block Out To Hot Start in Round 2. one off the lead thru seven.
KBinICT

Post by KBinICT »

I've got some game....but I'd be lucky to shoot 85. Play for bogey and hope to make a few pars.
weimy froob wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:22 am Round 2 Underway With Stacked Leaderboard. bryson with a one shot lead.

An 18-Handicapper 'Wouldn't Break 150 Around Oak Hill' - Pros Weigh In On PGA Venue

https://sports.yahoo.com/18-handicapper ... p_catchall
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

Yikes, I am watching the PGA championship and the rough looks scary. If I played from the champions tee's, I suspect I would not break 120. I played a course on Monday with a slope rating of 121. Oak Hill East Course has a slope rating of 153.

Umm, yeah I will concentrate on my career and not pursue my monikor
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

only nine players under par after two rounds. scheffler, conners and hovland tied for the lead at five under. two shots clear of the field. koepka gets back into the tournament with a four under round today. rose is one under. mcilroy is even. block, the pga pro, is even after two rounds. guy must have some game.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'll just put this here. there's something about rahm's game when he's in the mix. steely. he didn't have it yesterday, but that happens. he did come back today to at least make the cut. that's tiger like. and he did have it at augusta. superlative performance. read it at your convenience.

Jack Nicklaus: Jon Rahm 'closest' right now to era-defining player, not Rory McIlroy

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/jack-n ... ry-mcilroy
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

PGA Championship: Michael Block trying to go where no club pro has gone before
Club pro Michael Block is within striking distance of the leaders at the 2023 PGA Championship.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pga-championsh ... 03627.html

Block has carded back-to-back even-par 70s at Oak Hill. With the course not giving much of anything away this week — only nine of 156 players are under par — Block will start Round 3 just five back of the leaders and with a late Saturday tee time.

“I feel like I've got the game this week to compete, to tell you the truth,” Block told reporters on Friday. “I've made the cut, which is obviously a huge goal. I feel like I could shoot even par out here every day. I feel like at the end of the four days that that might be a pretty good result.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:34 pm i'll just put this here. there's something about rahm's game when he's in the mix. steely. he didn't have it yesterday, but that happens. he did come back today to at least make the cut. that's tiger like. and he did have it at augusta. superlative performance. read it at your convenience.

Jack Nicklaus: Jon Rahm 'closest' right now to era-defining player, not Rory McIlroy

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/jack-n ... ry-mcilroy
PGA Championship: Jon Rahm rallies to make the cut at Oak Hill, but it may be too late for a real run

https://sports.yahoo.com/pga-championsh ... 56547.html
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

a bryson/brooks pairing today.

What, me worry? Confident Brooks Koepka fires 66 Friday at PGA

PITTSFORD, N.Y. – It was not the start Brooks Koepka envisioned, 2 over on Day 1 at the PGA Championship after beginning the week with so many expectations. It was also not the reaction you would have expected after such a pedestrian start.

“I doubt it’s going to happen tomorrow,” Koepka shrugged Thursday when asked about his opening 72.

Clearly, he knew something others did not as evidenced by his 4-under 66 that led the field on Day 2 and moved him to within three shots of the lead at Oak Hill.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

soggy conditions for the third round. with these guys rain gear they'll stay dry. expect the course to play longer--but softer. someone might put up a score. nobody has yet though--not a player with a round under par on the course. the leaders go off shortly. bryson/brooks in five minutes.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the rain is back. the rough is juicy. scheffler doesn't have it today. rory was up and down. rose is two under for the round and has had the show stolen by the club pro he's playing with. but the three at the top of the leaderboard are golfing their balls. hovland and conners are at six under and koepka has the round of the day going and is only one back with a few more holes to be played on the back nine.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

right after conners makes a birdie koepka drains a 30 plus putt for birdie to stay on his heels. then conners hits the lip from the bunker, embeds his ball. first mistake of the day--but it is costly. hitting his third from about the same distance.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it's a double bogey and that knocks him behind koepka and hovland now. koepka is in the house with a 66.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

even with that double bogey i was impressed with conners round. ball striking was impeccable outside of 16. i don't think he'll go away tomorrow.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

everybody's on the course and it looks like it's going to be a day for scoring so we'll see what happens. scottie scheffler is still missing putts though. shoulda, coulda, woulda birdied the first two holes. conners makes a nice up and down from 104 yards on the second to stay one back. hovland got up and down himself on one to stay one back.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

koepka is going to make them come get him.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

match play for the next few holes at least. until they make the turn. could be match play for the rest of the round too. koepka vs. hovland.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

koepka is coming back to the field a bit. still under par for the round--but now it's just one under thru seven.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the club pro continues to steal the show. he just made a hole-in-one on 15. great story. it'd be nice if he can find another birdie out there today.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

weimy froob wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:14 pm the club pro continues to steal the show. he just made a hole-in-one on 15. great story. it'd be nice if he can find another birdie out there today.
Not just a hole in one either, an on the fly hole in one, not very often you see that.