Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Soccer Chat Thread***

Slap Shot

Re: ***Official Soccer Chat Thread***

Post by Slap Shot »

Huge win for the lads over Mexico yesterday!!
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:29 pm Huge win for the lads over Mexico yesterday!!
Couldn't find it anywhere on TV. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:08 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:29 pm Huge win for the lads over Mexico yesterday!!
Couldn't find it anywhere on TV. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.
Crazy game. It was on CBS Sports.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

What an insane game.... really hope this was their 'we have arrived' game. Such a young squad that can only get better.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

minnemike wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:42 am What an insane game.... really hope this was their 'we have arrived' game. Such a young squad that can only get better.
Most entertaining game in years! I hope they catch all those fucking Mexican fans throwing shit on the field and ban them from ever coming to another US game!
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
joflow09

Post by joflow09 »

still think there are a lot of false dawns with US soccer. these kids are not street smart enough in US system. kids around the world play from minute school gets out til dark all around the world for free. US is protected pay to play system which does not breed interest in finer details of craft IMO
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Tres a cero!!

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I absolutely can not fucking believe US Soccer reappointing that flaccid dildo Berhalter as manager. It's like they want the men's team to never really grow, when it now has more talent than it ever has. Guessing Reyna is done.

#BaltimoreStrong
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

They won a few cups under Berhalter and if Reyna's parents weren't complete a-holes they might have been in better form going up against Netherlands. That said you fears have some merit and I hope they don't go backwards. The team looked very poised and determined vs. Mexico and this game vs. Canada, although they got badly out-possessed in both.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why those matches weren't readably available to the public to watch is a bit ridiculous. Paramount +? Really?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:27 am Why those matches weren't readably available to the public to watch is a bit ridiculous. Paramount +? Really?
I believe MLS is only on Apple TV now. I have Apple TV.. but I'm not going in to a fucking app to watch second rate soccer.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:39 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:27 am Why those matches weren't readably available to the public to watch is a bit ridiculous. Paramount +? Really?
I believe MLS is only on Apple TV now. I have Apple TV.. but I'm not going in to a fucking app to watch second rate soccer.
It doesn't help that the Loons absolutely suck.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Slap Shot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:25 pm They won a few cups under Berhalter and if Reyna's parents weren't complete a-holes they might have been in better form going up against Netherlands. That said you fears have some merit and I hope they don't go backwards. The team looked very poised and determined vs. Mexico and this game vs. Canada, although they got badly out-possessed in both.
Reyna's parents are assholes, hopefully they can all move past that. I just can't see why Berhalter or US Soccer would want to get back together but if it works out I guess I'll live with it.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:03 pm
Yeah, they've really fallen off a cliff. Horrendous stuff.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:04 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:03 pm

Yeah, they've really fallen off a cliff. Horrendous stuff.
It's to the point with them that if they fall behind 1-0, you know the best they can hope for is a draw. I've got a better shot of scoring with Kate Upton twice than the Loons have of scoring two goals.
Let's get Tropical