Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

WWE Network Shows

cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

WWE Network Shows

Post by cmd24 »

Any of you guys have the Network? I whipped thru season one of the Rivals series. Pretty good content, hitting the Austin-McMahon rivalry, Flair-Steamboat, Hardy Boyz-Edge/Christian, Matt Hardy-Edge/Lita, and Cena-Rock. Some of those had some serious heat, like Cena-Rock. Those guys had legit beef with each other. Was pretty cool to see that side of the storyline. As I’ve read a couple of autobios from some of the guys, I’ve become fascinated with the behind-the-scenes aspect of wrestling. Maybe even more than the actual wrestling. This was a great look into those storylines.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Cobey
Trouble

Re: WWE Network Shows

Post by Cobey »

Possibly unrelated, but I got an email a while back that the WWE network is shuddering and the content is moving to Peacock.

I don't know that I'll be following them there, and I've been a subscriber since about WM30.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

cmd24 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:51 pm Any of you guys have the Network? I whipped thru season one of the Rivals series. Pretty good content, hitting the Austin-McMahon rivalry, Flair-Steamboat, Hardy Boyz-Edge/Christian, Matt Hardy-Edge/Lita, and Cena-Rock. Some of those had some serious heat, like Cena-Rock. Those guys had legit beef with each other. Was pretty cool to see that side of the storyline. As I’ve read a couple of autobios from some of the guys, I’ve become fascinated with the behind-the-scenes aspect of wrestling. Maybe even more than the actual wrestling. This was a great look into those storylines.
I didnt hate some of those. The Rivals series was pretty well done, some of the interview shows are alright. But there's an element of it that is pretty clearly skewed toward the WWE corporate lens at the same time. So for what it is, I did enjoy it.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Cobey wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:42 am Possibly unrelated, but I got an email a while back that the WWE network is shuddering and the content is moving to Peacock.

I don't know that I'll be following them there, and I've been a subscriber since about WM30.
I saw that when I last logged in. I don't know anything about Peacock, as far as costs or anything.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

cmd24 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:35 am
Cobey wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:42 am Possibly unrelated, but I got an email a while back that the WWE network is shuddering and the content is moving to Peacock.

I saw that when I last logged in. I don't know anything about Peacock, as far as costs or anything.
Cost, I believe is roughly the same.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

So I think I saw that Peacock is like $5/month. So there's some cost savings there

HOWEVER

NBC is reportedly combing through all the old stuff and removing the stuff they deem to be offensive.

I don't anticipate that ECW will have a presence at all. I don't anticipate that any Benoit matches will be available any more either.

So yeah, I will not be following them there. My wrestling watching days are possibly done.
cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Cobey wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:04 pm

So I think I saw that Peacock is like $5/month. So there's some cost savings there

HOWEVER

NBC is reportedly combing through all the old stuff and removing the stuff they deem to be offensive.

I don't anticipate that ECW will have a presence at all. I don't anticipate that any Benoit matches will be available any more either.

So yeah, I will not be following them there. My wrestling watching days are possibly done.
Good info. The only reason I really signed up was so I could do a rewatch of the Monday Night Wars era. But, as I've gone along, I've kind of dug some of the other programming, and wouldn't mind continuing on with Raw/Smackdown thru the late 2000's. The ECW stuff doesn't really bug me too much, if what you say is true. Unless there is some crossover during the Matt Hardy/Edge fued, or something like that. The Benoit stuff would suck, because he's a pretty big part of the run right up to his end.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Peacock is cheaper, but we get it free with Xfinity. They've only referenced two moments they're erasing so far; Roddy Piper in blackface and Vince saying to Booker T "my n-word".

You also get all the NBC and USA stuff with Peacock.

Watching Wrestlemania tonight, you can't rewind, pause, or start from the beginning yet on non-Apple devices. Peacock says they'll add that ability in the upcoming months.

I had a few things I was watching on WWE Network, like old NXT, guess I'll have to get it going on the CockPea.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

j2j wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:55 pm They've only referenced two moments they're erasing so far; Roddy Piper in blackface and Vince saying to Booker T "my n-word".
"So far" is a critical word, imo.

These things never seem to stop where they initially say they're going to stop.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Cobey wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:51 am
j2j wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:55 pm They've only referenced two moments they're erasing so far; Roddy Piper in blackface and Vince saying to Booker T "my n-word".
"So far" is a critical word, imo.

These things never seem to stop where they initially say they're going to stop.
That's a fair concern, but it's not like there arent other shows on there with obscene language, violence, or sexual scenes. It would be hypocritical to remove from WWE and not the other shows. Not that fear of hypocrisy has ever stopped anyone before.

Hopefully not, we'll see.

cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Update on the Peacock Network...they haven't moved over Raw episodes from pre-2008, and there are no WCW Nitro or Thunder episodes. I didn't go thru a lot of the other stuff yet, because those were the first two I was looking for, to keep going on my rewatch. I think I read something online that said they would eventually get it all. If it's online, I have to believe it's true, right?

In other words, this transition to Peacock sucks balls.
j2j

Post by j2j »

cmd24 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 am Update on the Peacock Network...they haven't moved over Raw episodes from pre-2008, and there are no WCW Nitro or Thunder episodes. I didn't go thru a lot of the other stuff yet, because those were the first two I was looking for, to keep going on my rewatch. I think I read something online that said they would eventually get it all. If it's online, I have to believe it's true, right?

In other words, this transition to Peacock sucks balls.
Yeah, they said it would take quite awhile, but it will eventually all be there. The transition feels very rushed. Guessing Peacock wanted Wrestlemania for the deal, now they're playing catch up.

I was watching back NXT, but havent looked yet to see if it's all there.

cmd24

Post by cmd24 »

Not a WWE Network show, but A&E has a new series in which they’re on the hunt for WWE memorabilia. Mick Foley is working on finding some Cactus Jack/Mankind stuff. Kind of cool show so far.