Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers Basketball Hires Ben Johnson as HC

Home for Gopher Basketball
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Gophers Basketball Hires Ben Johnson as HC

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:43 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:32 am
j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 am

Doesnt matter if it was Ben Johnson, or your boy Pitino, Chet, Joneses, Suggs... none of the top national guys were going to pick Minnesota. Not when they can contend for national championships with powerhouse programs.

The hope is you stop shooting yourself in the foot with D1 and you keep guys like McKinley Wright and Dawson Garcia.

Gophers don't need the 1 and done guys, they need the 3-4 year guys.
Completely agree. That's why the recruiting aspect to this is overrated. Don't get me wrong, you need to recruit but coaching is just is huge.

This school is never getting the guys Michigan, Mich st, Indiana, Ohio st etc is going to get. You need someone to coach up the second tier guys. This was something Pitino was absolutely horrible at. Look at Wisconsin, they don't get the best of the best usually but guys like Bo Ryan were so unbelievably good at putting those teams together. We have no clue of Ben can even coach.
No, that shows why the recruiting aspect is so important. The relationships with those other players we couldn't keep home. McKinley Wright was ready to sign with the Gophers before Pitino fucked it up. Ben Johnson keeps him here. Then suddenly we're in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament this year.

Pitino's method was to swing for transfers.

Ben, ideally, gets them from the start.
This team wasn't in the 2nd rd of this tournament with any one player. Do you watch the Gophers? Not a chance with the way Pitino had them coached this year.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:49 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:32 am

Completely agree. That's why the recruiting aspect to this is overrated. Don't get me wrong, you need to recruit but coaching is just is huge.

This school is never getting the guys Michigan, Mich st, Indiana, Ohio st etc is going to get. You need someone to coach up the second tier guys. This was something Pitino was absolutely horrible at. Look at Wisconsin, they don't get the best of the best usually but guys like Bo Ryan were so unbelievably good at putting those teams together. We have no clue of Ben can even coach.
No, that shows why the recruiting aspect is so important. The relationships with those other players we couldn't keep home. McKinley Wright was ready to sign with the Gophers before Pitino fucked it up. Ben Johnson keeps him here. Then suddenly we're in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament this year.

This team wasn't in the 2nd rd of this tournament with any one player. Do you watch the Gophers? Not a chance with the way Pitino had them coached this year.
The team had no point guard. McKinley Wright was one of the best in the country. They have enough other pieces on the squad that if they had someone who could run the show they'd have actually been good.

You way overrate coaching.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
full force five

Post by full force five »

I agree. No one wanted the job. Gates declined to even interview. Smith I guess wanted it, apparently the same for Sam Mitchell. I like the idea of a young, enthusiastic guy, with deep local connections getting the job. Pitino was OK at best in evaluating talent, taking Washington over Wright is a prime example. Pitino sucked as an in game coach I think.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:48 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:38 am I'm also not against Ben. I hope he works out and I'm going to give him the chance but it's an odd fucking hire that doesn't make a whole lot of sense no matter how you spin it.

Can we not afford a good HC? Is that bag of hot air Philip John taking up to much dough?

Does nobody want this job?
Isnt that part of the problem in this discussion? You think something doesnt make sense, so you assume someone else fucked up. Maybe you're not doing a good job of understanding.

Minnesota isn't a a high level job. The B1G is overrated. The concept of P5 is overrated. Using those to pimp the Minnesota job is like St Louis Park pimping that they were in the Lake Conference back in the day. They were the doormat.

Ben Johnson is getting $1.95mil. Not much difference than Juwan Howard's $2.1mil. It's not about money, it's about no one wanting the job.
But it's been reported that guy's like Craig Smith who has been successful pretty much everywhere he has been would have took the job.

I think he's the big one that confuses people. There is a lot of speculation the U was under immense pressure to hire a minority candidate also.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:54 am I agree. No one wanted the job. Gates declined to even interview. Smith I guess wanted it, apparently the same for Sam Mitchell. I like the idea of a young, enthusiastic guy, with deep local connections getting the job. Pitino was OK at best in evaluating talent, taking Washington over Wright is a prime example. Pitino sucked as an in game coach I think.
I'm fine with going Johnson if it's between him and Mitchell.

The Craig Smith part is very weird. It would be nice to find out that he didn't want the job and this would all make sense.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:55 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:38 am I'm also not against Ben. I hope he works out and I'm going to give him the chance but it's an odd fucking hire that doesn't make a whole lot of sense no matter how you spin it.

Can we not afford a good HC? Is that bag of hot air Philip John taking up to much dough?

Does nobody want this job?
Isnt that part of the problem in this discussion? You think something doesnt make sense, so you assume someone else fucked up. Maybe you're not doing a good job of understanding.

Minnesota isn't a a high level job. The B1G is overrated. The concept of P5 is overrated. Using those to pimp the Minnesota job is like St Louis Park pimping that they were in the Lake Conference back in the day. They were the doormat.

Ben Johnson is getting $1.95mil. Not much difference than Juwan Howard's $2.1mil. It's not about money, it's about no one wanting the job.
But it's been reported that guy's like Craig Smith who has been successful pretty much everywhere he has been would have took the job.

I think he's the big one that confuses people. There is a lot of speculation the U was under immense pressure to hire a minority candidate also.
I really don't have any interest of entertaining the stupidity of, "he was only hired because he's black."

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:52 am

The team had no point guard. McKinley Wright was one of the best in the country. They have enough other pieces on the squad that if they had someone who could run the show they'd have actually been good.

Again, you must not have watched many games.

No PG? The best player on the team was their PG. :lol:

He was first team all big ten and in the final 10 for the Cousy award.

Do you even watch Gophers basketball?!?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:58 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:55 am

I really don't have any interest of entertaining the stupidity of, "he was only hired because he's black."
I mean it's not stupidity if you follow what the U's been preaching and what they have been hiring. The local papers and media have also been hammering it for weeks. Front page of Sundays Tribune a couple weeks ago.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:54 am I agree. No one wanted the job. Gates declined to even interview. Smith I guess wanted it, apparently the same for Sam Mitchell. I like the idea of a young, enthusiastic guy, with deep local connections getting the job. Pitino was OK at best in evaluating talent, taking Washington over Wright is a prime example. Pitino sucked as an in game coach I think.
What keeps being said from Coyle and company is they wanted someone who could sell the U of M. Someone who bleed maroon and gold. I'm sure some will cry about "country club mentality", but when you have a job few want, and a college that competes against 4 major sports in a metropolitan area, you have a unique sell.

Pitino was enamored with ranking and fluff shit like "he's from New York". If a dude can play, he can play. Doesn't matter who his dad was or which city park he played at.

That's why Lil Richie missed on guys like McKinley Wright, Theo John, Dawson Garcia, Will Tschetter, everyone at Lakeville North.

Lakeville North has pumped out 3 high level D1 recruits in Pitino's time, and he never once stepped foot in their gym.

full force five

Regarding Carr, yes he's a point guard by position but he's much more a shoot guard. Wright is a floor general, run the offensive, take shots with-in the offense. Carr would just dribble, dribble, dribble, jack up a 3 or take it to the hole more often.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 am

Carr isnt a point guard, hes an undersized scoring guard, combo guard, who shoots 39% from the field. Not from 3... from the field. He's a high volume, inefficient chucker. He has no clue how to run a team.

I watch.

I wonder if you know what you're watching. A lot of people watch and don't have the slightest clue what's going on.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 am Regarding Carr, yes he's a point guard by position but he's much more a shoot guard. Wright is a floor general, run the offensive, take shots with-in the offense. Carr would just dribble, dribble, dribble, jack up a 3 or take it to the hole more often.
He was still the PG.

I agree that I couldn't stand watching him play but he was the least of the problem here.

He was another guy that I heard at nauseam about "What a recruit" and how thi gs would change when he got here. It's always the story.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 am
full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:05 am Regarding Carr, yes he's a point guard by position but he's much more a shoot guard. Wright is a floor general, run the offensive, take shots with-in the offense. Carr would just dribble, dribble, dribble, jack up a 3 or take it to the hole more often.
He was still the PG.

I agree that I couldn't stand watching him play but he was the least of the problem here.

He was another guy that I heard at nauseam about "What a recruit" and how thi gs would change when he got here. It's always the story.
That was one of the main problems with the Gophers this year... Carr was the PG. Put him next to a legit PG who can actually run a team and you'd have seen a world of difference.

You seem quite obsessed with winning the press conference, making the big splashy newspaper headline type stuff. Like you need someone else to tell you what's what.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 am

Carr isnt a point guard, hes an undersized scoring guard, combo guard, who shoots 39% from the field. Not from 3... from the field. He's a high volume, inefficient chucker. He has no clue how to run a team.

I watch.

I wonder if you know what you're watching. A lot of people watch and don't have the slightest clue what's going on.
Point is he was hyped up by everyone. Just like always. Every year it's "We got good recruits" and they do nothing.

You don't think the roster this Gopher team had was good enough to be tourney team? The coaching was atrocious.

Richard was the worst coach this team has ever had.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:20 am
j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 am

I watch.

Point is he was hyped up by everyone. Just like always. Every year it's "We got good recruits" and they do nothing.

You don't think the roster this Gopher team had was good enough to be tourney team? The coaching was atrocious.

Richard was the worst coach this team has ever had.
Pitino was atrocious. And they had a lot of talent, just no one to run the ship. Carr should have been hyped up, but not as a point guard.

Who was the last legit floor general the Gophers had? Heck, one year they tried to turn Coffey into a point forward because they had no one who can run an offense.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:17 am
He was still the PG.

That was one of the main problems with the Gophers this year... Carr was the PG. Put him next to a legit PG who can actually run a team and you'd have seen a world of difference.

You seem quite obsessed with winning the press conference, making the big splashy newspaper headline type stuff. Like you need someone else to tell you what's what.
No I don't. Most fans are not happy with this hire.

This is exactly you though, J. Many don't like it so you are going to like it. If you can't understand why people don't get this hire, that's your problem. But I'm sure 3 years from now he sucks, you won't even acknowledge this. Jist like your pRosas hyoe etc.

A lot of the "Great basketball minds" in this place constantly get it wrong never to hear back from that take.

It's not about a splashy hire. The guy has never been a head coach ever. He wasn't even an assistant on a top team. Xavier has been mediocre while he was there. The Gophers were mediocre when he was here and he was handed a B10 job. A mid major hasn't went after him for fucks sake.

It's just like the Whalen hire which looks like a complete flusher too. At least she was one of the greatest women basketball players who has ever lived.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
full force five

I agree, put Carr with a legit PG and things would look much different . . . like Wright.

The gophers have been mediocre other than a few Clem years for my lifetime and I'm 49. Established head coaches aren't coming here, other than the Ben Jacobson's of the world and that nothing for me. It's all about talent, Ben can is an established recruiter. If it's doesn't work it's the kiss of death of Coyle as well. He didn't well with the PJ Fleck hire and I bet some guys were less than excited about that hire.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am

He was still the PG.

This is exactly you though, J. Many don't like it so you are going to like it. If you can't understand why people don't get this hire, that's your problem. But I'm sure 3 years from now he sucks, you won't even acknowledge this. Jist like your pRosas hyoe etc.

A lot of the "Great basketball minds" in this place constantly get it wrong never to hear back from that take.

It's not about a splashy hire. The guy has never been a head coach ever. He wasn't even an assistant on a top team. Xavier has been mediocre while he was there. The Gophers were mediocre when he was here and he was handed a B10 job. A mid major hasn't went after him for fucks sake.

It's just like the Whalen hire which looks like a complete flusher too. At least she was one of the greatest women basketball players who has ever lived.
Most "fans" don't have a clue what they're talking about. They just regurgitate the shit Barreiro, Reusse, or any of the other local bloggers or wonks tell them to.

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I'm just not screaming on a recipe swapping forum about how it's the worst thing to ever happen. I'll hold out to see how he does, but I understand the thinking that goes into it, and I'm hopeful it works. Ben Johnson is a really good dude, with great local ties, and has the ability to connect with people. Getting guys and connecting with players is a million times more important than what ATO you run against Northwestern in January.

What Rosas hype? I had the same stance about Rosas as I do this. I'm intrigued, I understand the thinking, I'll wait and see how it goes, but am hopeful it works out.

The Big 10 is getting its shit pushed in by "mid-majors" in the NCAA Tournament. You really need to get over the outdated thinking that being a Big 10 coach is anything special at all.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:31 am I agree, put Carr with a legit PG and things would look much different . . . like Wright.

The gophers have been mediocre other than a few Clem years for my lifetime and I'm 49. Established head coaches aren't coming here, other than the Ben Jacobson's of the world and that nothing for me. It's all about talent, Ben can is an established recruiter. If it's doesn't work it's the kiss of death of Coyle as well. He didn't well with the PJ Fleck hire and I bet some guys were less than excited about that hire.
PJ Fleck has done absolutely nothing.

He had one good year where they had a cake schedule will most of Jerrys guys. When having a chance at the title with Wisconsin in our house, he completely shit his pants.

I'm hoping this isn't Johnson. Fleck cab recruit but his X's and O's are shit.

He's coached how many years here? 4? and had one good year and 3 duds?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:35 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am

Most "fans" don't have a clue what they're talking about. They just regurgitate the shit Barreiro, Reusse, or any of the other local bloggers or wonks tell them to.

I haven't decided if I like it or not. I'm just not screaming on a recipe swapping forum about how it's the worst thing to ever happen. I'll hold out to see how he does, but I understand the thinking that goes into it, and I'm hopeful it works. Ben Johnson is a really good dude, with great local ties, and has the ability to connect with people. Getting guys and connecting with players is a million times more important than what ATO you run against Northwestern in January.

What Rosas hype? I had the same stance about Rosas as I do this. I'm intrigued, I understand the thinking, I'll wait and see how it goes, but am hopeful it works out.

The Big 10 is getting its shit pushed in by "mid-majors" in the NCAA Tournament. You really need to get over the outdated thinking that being a Big 10 coach is anything special at all.
If you look around here you will find no one more than me saying how overrated the B10 is but it's still a special job to get and one of the premier leagues in the nation.

It's not the best of the best like some make it to be especially this year but it's still a good gig.

We have turned into the Penn sts, Nebraskas, Northwesterns of the league now. It sickens me.

I get what you are saying and I'm not against Johnson right away. Vikings and Gophers basketball are the only teams I am invested in anymore. I will cheer no matter what. You are just acting this morning like you can't figure put why some are perplexed by this move. If you think I'm losing my mind, head over to Gopher Hole. :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

Someone sent me a link to GopherHole, as I don't EVER go there... pretty much everything I saw was blatant racism. No thanks.

full force five

Fleck had a top 15 season, beat a good Auburn team and I think was a ten plus win season. I wouldn't say that's nothing. Last year is a flush year with Covid. I agree he isn't an "elite" in game coach but to say he hasn't done nothing is laughable.

Back to Johnson. I'll give him time, at least 3 years. Let's say Tre Holloman, Ahjany Lee and King all stay with the 2022 class that would be a good start.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

j2j wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:48 am Someone sent me a link to GopherHole, as I don't EVER go there... pretty much everything I saw was blatant racism. No thanks.
Ya it's pretty bad.

But what do you expect. 99% of this fan base is 60+ year olds. :lol:

Hard to blame younger generations not getting into it as it's been terrible. If it wasn't for the Clem era that I grew up in, I probably never would have gave a shit either.
Last edited by RubeTube on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:50 am Fleck had a top 15 season, beat a good Auburn team and I think was a ten plus win season. I wouldn't say that's nothing. Last year is a flush year with Covid. I agree he isn't an "elite" in game coach but to say he hasn't done nothing is laughable.

Back to Johnson. I'll give him time, at least 3 years. Let's say Tre Holloman, Ahjany Lee and King all stay with the 2022 class that would be a good start.
PJ Flecks year was a bit better than the year Jerry got them to the New years day bowl.

They would have had about the same type of season but the Gophers finished it by beating Auburn. There is absolutely no consistency with the program so far though.

Yes, I may have been a bit hyperbole there but it was merely a good year and not a great year imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
j2j

Post by j2j »

This is where I'm at.

feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 am
full force five wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:50 am Fleck had a top 15 season, beat a good Auburn team and I think was a ten plus win season. I wouldn't say that's nothing. Last year is a flush year with Covid. I agree he isn't an "elite" in game coach but to say he hasn't done nothing is laughable.

PJ Flecks year was a bit better than the year Jerry got them to the New years day bowl.

They would have had about the same type of season but the Gophers finished it by beating Auburn. There is absolutely no consistency with the program so far though.

Yes, I may have been a bit hyperbole there but it was merely a good year and not a great year imo.
People that wet their pants over 2019 don't like to be reminded that it's an almost identical schedule to the one that Claeys went 9-4 with. The only real difference is Fleck beat PSU and Nebraska at home and Claeys lost those games on the road. We'll see what happens now that it's all Fleck's guys.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

I like the hire. I will say emphatically, I have no idea on if he will get it done or not, and certainly its NOT some sort "man, I know he will do it". I like it for a lot of little reasons.

First, as a lifelong Gopher fan who really has had apathy set in last few years, let me state what my "goal" would be for the program. Pretend, for a minute, Clem didnt run into the nonsense at the end. Then, thats my goal - a program who is usually pretty good, once in a while is in legit conf title race and can make deep runs in tourney once in a while. Its never going to be MSU, but, what Clem had going right before the end was pretty good and damn fun. 1997 Gopher hoops is one of the funnest seasons of my lifetime as a sports fan. Fuck that was fun. Went to Indy, and completely loved it.

Secondly, lets remember two undeniable facts. 1. This was going to be a minority hire. There was no way around that, the heat they are getting is real. Not at all saying he was hired because he is a minority, I am saying a minority was going to be hired and thus that limits the pool of candidates. 2. It was going to be someone semi cheap. Coyle shit the damn bed with his panicked and asinine cutting sports last year. The pitchforks would have been out in full force had he went and got a 3-4M hire. Stupid and silly and very very short sighted decision to cut sports that handcuffed him big time. I will say I find his contract odd, seems like Coyle had leverage and should have exercised that more, but I dont know.

Here is what I like:

1. There has been LONG STANDING buzz about Johnson. People in his camp are HARD in his camp. Look at who is commenting. That should matter.
2. The biggest thing long touted was his being paramount in recruiting. We have to find a way to keep some of these kids here. I think his impact will be most in this singular aspect.
3. I think Coyle is right about needing someone who bleeds MN to be the one trying to do the selling. Success and wanting more money are fine motivators, and what would have been the motivators for another hire - this guy is a die hard, he is an alum, and his motivation is different. That to me is a big positive.
4. He supposedly has VERY good ties to the HS coaches here. That matters as well.
4. Now go back to what I said prior - goal for the program. I am not saying Johnson will do that, tbh I have no clue what his "coaching chops" are. That does matter. But, I will say this - the best chance for an outcome of a long term successful team like I described is a guy like this who this is his job. There is nowhere else he wants to go. This isnt a reason to hire someone (or more importantly to not hire the up and comer you fear then will just leave down the road), but it is a factor that is appealing.
Style

Post by Style »

This is a homerun swing hire. We don't truly know how it will turn out. If he can't coach a lick, his recruiting chops mean diddly squat. No one is going to commit their college career to a coaching bozo. On the flip side, if he can develop players, implement effective game plans, and manage a game, he will be a great fit for the program. No one knows how that will go right now.

At minimum, I think we'll see a local talent uptick. Someone noted our target players should be the 3-4 year players and not the elite high level guys. Spot on. Obviously getting a Tyus, Chet, or Hurt would be nice, but the program's foundation is going to be laid in his ability to land the Ruevers, Wahls, Carlsons, Wrights, Davisons, Waltons, Sims, Johns, Garcias, Coffeys, Madsens, of the state.

We always seemed to get too cute with waiting for the big dog to come while passing on pretty attainable local talent only to be stuck with some project big man from Texas.

Pitino joked at one of his press conferences early in his tenure about having a recruiting budget only for gas in his car and not gas in a plane. Dude should've taken his joke literally. I think I commented after the 2017 class where Pitino got not a guy from here, that class would be the end of him. Certainly was. I hope Johnson doesn't make the same mistakes. I'd rather a flop be from De La Salle or Hopkins than St. Raymond in Bronx, NY or St. Patrick in Elizabeth, NJ.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:05 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 am

People that wet their pants over 2019 don't like to be reminded that it's an almost identical schedule to the one that Claeys went 9-4 with. The only real difference is Fleck beat PSU and Nebraska at home and Claeys lost those games on the road. We'll see what happens now that it's all Fleck's guys.
:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube is nearly impossible to take serious in this conversation. Fleck has done nothing. OK.

Hiring Ben Johnson is a huge step... his strengths first and foremost are his local connections. We'll see how it translates to being a head coach in the big ten. But there were other guys who were qualified for this job, Smith & Medved two realistic ones who I liked, they got passed over. Why? Coyle knew Smith had very little connections to local recruits right now (SAME ISSUE WITH GATES, who had many backers talking to Coyle but supposedly he backed away because he didn't believe he'd get the job here).

Not sure what happened with Smith, if he was just too late to the game and Ben was someone Coyle and Gabel focused on more once they talked to him last week.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.