Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

College hockey

Discuss college sports here
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Re: College hockey

Post by Sellingguy »

slow start for the gophers .. a 2 all tie with Mount royal.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

•UND drew its largest paid attendance for a preseason exhibition game in program history at 11,760. It barely eclipsed the previous record of 11,706, which was set in 2016 for the NCAA national championship banner-raising night. UND has only sold out three preseason exhibitions in The Ralph, and they all came in the last four years. See the full chart below.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports ... exhibition
Last edited by Jimtown guy on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

UND got a little revenge from when they were swept by Canisius out in their barn last year to open the season winning in dominant fashion 5-0. Outshot the Griffins 40-13 in doing so. This freshman kid in Pinto could very well be ROY in the NCHC. 6'2" 200 pound freshman who isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas. Defense was stout and Sheel in net looked calm as he did have a couple point blake shots from the slot. Need to finish them tonight. Attendance was around 9000, so not bad with a full blown blizzard happening outside.
Last edited by Jimtown guy on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

....and the Rodents give up 3 3rd period goals and lose to CC 3-2 :cry:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

I watched a bit of the ND v AF and Duluth Game. Holy empty seats at both rinks.
Saw the gopher game on. For some reason when i tell comcast remote college hockey it does not bring up all games.
I have gophers on remind, so it popped up anyway fucking technology.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:57 am ....and the Rodents give up 3 3rd period goals and lose to CC 3-2 :cry:
Watched the third period and they had no answer for CC. Put a smile on my face
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:19 am
Hornets wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:57 am ....and the Rodents give up 3 3rd period goals and lose to CC 3-2 :cry:
Watched the third period and they had no answer for CC. Put a smile on my face
:pissed:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Another ass kicking tonight by UND. 8-1 over Canisius this time. Shots 37-12 UND. Now the big test next weekend in Mankato
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Gophers with the nice comeback road victory!
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 pm Another ass kicking tonight by UND. 8-1 over Canisius this time. Shots 37-12 UND. Now the big test next weekend in Mankato
i might need to head down the 169.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Wisconsin split their first weekend of games. They lost their first game at Boston College 5-3 and beating Merrimack 11-5. Cole Caufield scored 2 goals in each of his first 2 games. Alex Turcotte, another top draft pick, scored his first 2 goals on Saturday night. They should be a fun team to watch this year.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 am Wisconsin split their first weekend of games. They lost their first game at Boston College 5-3 and beating Merrimack 11-5. Cole Caufield scored 2 goals in each of his first 2 games. Alex Turcotte, another top draft pick, scored his first 2 goals on Saturday night. They should be a fun team to watch this year.
Caufield is the real deal. Now the question is how long does he stay. 2 years max is my guess. Montreal will probably be pushing him to leave after this season
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:39 pm
The Replacements wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 am Wisconsin split their first weekend of games. They lost their first game at Boston College 5-3 and beating Merrimack 11-5. Cole Caufield scored 2 goals in each of his first 2 games. Alex Turcotte, another top draft pick, scored his first 2 goals on Saturday night. They should be a fun team to watch this year.
Caufield is the real deal. Now the question is how long does he stay. 2 years max is my guess. Montreal will probably be pushing him to leave after this season
STILL miffed the Wild passed on young Mr. Caufield....
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:52 pm
STILL miffed the Wild passed on young Mr. Caufield....
And Boeser and so on
The Replacements

My guess is one year. He's an elite finisher the Wild have never had.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Boeser was a big miss. I am not sold on Caufield for the NHL but that opinion would not be my first miss. :)

UW though will for sure be a tougher out this year and much improved. Some at USCHO think MSU will be on the rise the Big Ten fwiw and if that is true the league will be even more competitive as ND, OSU and PSU will be in the mix for the post-season. Minnesota is too unpredictable. They are without question more skilled this year and have added some much needed grit, but they are young and don't have anyone proven in net as of now. But signs indicate Motzko is turning the roster over to fit his style and if the Gophers won't be talked about as a threat this year next year that will be a safe bet.
The Replacements

Slap Shot wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:37 am Boeser was a big miss. I am not sold on Caufield for the NHL but that opinion would not be my first miss. :)

UW though will for sure be a tougher out this year and much improved. Some at USCHO think MSU will be on the rise the Big Ten fwiw and if that is true the league will be even more competitive as ND, OSU and PSU will be in the mix for the post-season. Minnesota is too unpredictable. They are without question more skilled this year and have added some much needed grit, but they are young and don't have anyone proven in net as of now. But signs indicate Motzko is turning the roster over to fit his style and if the Gophers won't be talked about as a threat this year next year that will be a safe bet.
Early reports are Wisconsin will score a lot of goals but give up their fair share too.
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

sioux get a tie in kato
goofs squeak one out
dogs go down to bucky
The Replacements

Sellingguy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 am sioux get a tie in kato
goofs squeak one out
dogs go down to bucky
Caufield scores 2 more goals and has 6 goals in his first 3 games. I haven't seen any highlight goals just a guy who knows how to finish a play.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

The Replacements wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:47 am
Sellingguy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 am sioux get a tie in kato
goofs squeak one out
dogs go down to bucky
Caufield scores 2 more goals and has 6 goals in his first 3 games. I haven't seen any highlight goals just a guy who knows how to finish a play.
Natural goal scorers are hard to come by and he’s definitely one of them. He continues at this pace and Montreal are going to be pushing him to leave after the season
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

BTHC has a pretty solid NC record to start the year. No this is not me proclaiming them champions of anything, more hoping it means things are shaping up and at the very least if mostly maintained will help when the PWR first starts mattering next March.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:08 pm BTHC has a pretty solid NC record to start the year. No this is not me proclaiming them champions of anything, more hoping it means things are shaping up and at the very least if mostly maintained will help when the PWR first starts mattering next March.
Bucky is solid and young. Penn St is also damn good. Haven’t looked into the others. NCHC will be tough as always. DU looks to be the team to beat so far. UND is better than last year I believe but if they don’t make the tourney again it’s bye bye Berry
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Those pesky Beavers of the Bermidji gave everything they had tonight against UND but the Sioux prevail 2-1 in overtime. Dogs kick the rodents ass 5-2
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sioux sweep the Beav and the Bulldogs sweep the rodents
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Still getting rid of that Lucia stench.
The Replacements

Wisconsin vs. Penn St tonight and tomorrow night on BTN.