Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

College hockey

Discuss college sports here
Jimtown guy

Re: College hockey

Post by Jimtown guy »

DC4MVP wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 pm I remember when Gopher hockey was a big deal.

Mariucci was always packed and rocking for the WCHA games. I'd never miss a game.

Now I could give two shits less and the atmosphere is absolutely dreadful at the rink. It's NEVER full.

Fucking Big 10 shit.
If you want a crazy atmosphere then the Ralph is where it's at, not only for this weekend but for pretty much any weekend when they are playing. With that said this weekend will be nuts. Playoff atmosphere for sure.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

IMG_4652.JPG
This is just sad
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Minnesota returned some tickets from its allotment and they will go on sale 10 a.m. tomorrow. Why doesn't this surprise me? Great for UND fans though.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

any news on TV
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

IMG_4653.JPG
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:27 am
DC4MVP wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 pm I remember when Gopher hockey was a big deal.

Mariucci was always packed and rocking for the WCHA games. I'd never miss a game.

Now I could give two shits less and the atmosphere is absolutely dreadful at the rink. It's NEVER full.

Fucking Big 10 shit.
If you want a crazy atmosphere then the Ralph is where it's at, not only for this weekend but for pretty much any weekend when they are playing. With that said this weekend will be nuts. Playoff atmosphere for sure.
Lol...Lets not pretend UND hasn't lost alot of its luster as well with the demise of the WCHA....The Ralf isn't what it used to be either.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jaamz wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 am

Fucking Big 10 shit.
Lol...Lets not pretend UND hasn't lost alot of its luster as well with the demise of the WCHA....The Ralf isn't what it used to be either.
Oh so you've been there eh. 11,500 plus for every game. Yeah it's lost its luster. :lol:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Nothing ever happens between these 2 teams 😁
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/ ... do-youtube
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:42 am
Jaamz wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 am

Oh so you've been there eh. 11,500 plus for every game. Yeah it's lost its luster. :lol:
I won't pretend I know what the Ralph is like but a lot of that has to do with North Dakota itself.

The Ralph will draw more than Maricuui because of the sheer amount of activities there is to do around Minneapolis/St. Paul. Who the fuck wants to see the Goofs play Penn State (where there's ZERO history) in mid-October when it's 65 degrees out? There's brewerys, Vikings, Wild, Wolves, 4-5 different theaters, etc.

There's more things to do than see a hockey game against a team nobody knows about except the true die hards.

I'm NOT saying that's why the Ralph sells out because ND has a GREAT fan base and a lot of it has to do with WHO they play but in this post WCHA college hockey world, the Sioux have the drawing advantage due to GF not necessarily being the most activity filled town.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

But it's the State of Hockey. Twin Cities has nearly 4 million in population. Grand Forks area around 100,000. Yes it's our pro team but to only get 2000 fans for a Gopher game regardless who they are playing is not a sign I like to see for college hockey.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Lucia and Co. are stale as fuck at this point....I'm an SCSU fan so i'm actually enjoying the fact that the Huskies have had their way with the Gophers as of late....as have most of the other D1 teams in this state...I thought they were doing away with the olympic sheet of ice there? ..Shrink the ice, dump Lucia and start fresh.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

well i saw IOWA gets to watch the fuckign game!!!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm well i saw IOWA gets to watch the fuckign game!!!
Got an extra ticket for Saturday. Come on up.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 pm
Sellingguy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 pm well i saw IOWA gets to watch the fuckign game!!!
Got an extra ticket for Saturday. Come on up.
tempting and thank you for the offer. I need to stay here and tend to things.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Midco had offered the programming to FSN and they passed as they already have committed to other programming for both nights. Charter and Comcast have been offered the signal as well
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

the fox channel down here has a plus 1 now. kstp has channel 45, which does the HS tourney.

Cant believe no one is moving on it, but im sure it has something to do with $$$. Just stupid.

And yes while its easy to point blame or say someone has no power in the deal, bullshit. they all have power to get this done.
I think the u of m has been told to just not worry about hockey, and to some degree, UND has been told not to worry about their huge fan base in the twin cities.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Yeah I was going to ask what channel Gophs/Sioux was on but apparently it wasn't.

Unless I missed it? FSN had Wolves, FSN+ had Wild, Big 10 had whatever crap was on...

What a joke.
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

I paid NCHC for the feed and it was worth it.

It was a Quality feed, and the right team won. 8-)

It was a great game, fun to watch, such a shame they aren't in the same conference. F Big Ten Hockey.

Schierhorn played out of his mind. I'm definitely watching again tomorrow night.
Go back to Wisconsin
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Billy Baroo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:49 pm I paid NCHC for the feed and it was worth it.

It was a Quality feed, and the right team won. 8-)

It was a great game, fun to watch, such a shame they aren't in the same conference. F Big Ten Hockey.

Schierhorn played out of his mind. I'm definitely watching again tomorrow night.
No doubt Sheirhorn was the difference. UND threw everything at him and he stood tall. Entertaining game and I hope for the same tomorrow but different result.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

SCSU wins 5-2 over Boston College..
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

MIdco told me they offered the feed for FREE and no one in the TC market took it.

Sounded like a fun game. GO SIOUX
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Huskies win 3-1 to sweep BC and remain unbeaten..
Last edited by Jaamz on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

No doubt who the better team was this weekend. The Ralph was buzzing last night.
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:33 am No doubt who the better team was this weekend. The Ralph was buzzing last night.
If the best team won every time the GOPHERS would have 20 National Titles. :x

You know what's sad? I went to the uscho forum and there wasn't even a series thread. I know that forum is kind of played out but that is still sad.
Go back to Wisconsin
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Another packed house at the Mooch tonight.
AC8F0DEF-DA0B-408E-902D-B528FCC66BE9.jpeg
Billy Baroo

Post by Billy Baroo »

It's always a late arriving crowd at Mariucci (haha good luck to the scalpers)

I would have told them how stupid the idea of Big 10 Hockey was, but the decision makers didn't ask me

On a positive note, the sweep of Clarkson should be Big in the Pairwise.
Go back to Wisconsin
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Billy Baroo wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:55 pm It's always a late arriving crowd at Mariucci (haha good luck to the scalpers)

I would have told them how stupid the idea of Big 10 Hockey was, but the decision makers didn't ask me

On a positive note, the sweep of Clarkson should be Big in the Pairwise.
This was in the third period. The U is pricing fans right out of the rink.
Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy »

It has to be more then pricing. This is a big % of empty seats. Even if half of them are sold and no shows, something is going on with what was a very loyal fan base. You have to wonder what is being said/done with in the AD's office?
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

SCSU Beats UMD 5-3 to remain unbeaten.
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Huskies sweep UMD with a 5-0 win Saturday to move to 7-0..Big series with Denver next weekend!