Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:45 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:28 am Playing Dying Light 2 and MLB The Show right now.

Still haven't started Baldur Gate 3 though I think it about it daily. I've watched the intro cinematic like 5 times but keep stalling out on character creation. I just don't know where to go with it.
You should give Baldur's Gate 3 a go. It's really something else. You can play as an origin character if you want. Its just about role playing a character you think would be cool or fun or whatever. You can change and respec your class and even how your character looks as you play too. So, it's not like it locks you out of making changes.
I appreciate the post. I'm definitely feeling guilty about my procrastination.. it's a me issue and I'm sure I'll be kicking myself once I dive in. Plan is this weekend to get it going.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:09 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:28 am Playing Dying Light 2 and MLB The Show right now.

Still haven't started Baldur Gate 3 though I think it about it daily. I've watched the intro cinematic like 5 times but keep stalling out on character creation. I just don't know where to go with it.
You should give Baldur's Gate 3 a go. It's really something else. You can play as an origin character if you want. Its just about role playing a character you think would be cool or fun or whatever. You can change and respec your class and even how your character looks as you play too. So, it's not like it locks you out of making changes.
I appreciate the post. I'm definitely feeling guilty about my procrastination.. it's a me issue and I'm sure I'll be kicking myself once I dive in. Plan is this weekend to get it going.
Sometimes it's hard to go from big game to big game and you want something familiar or less taxing or less of investment or just a turn your brain off game. I went from Persona 3 Reload to Balatro. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of story and commitment.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:21 pm

Sometimes it's hard to go from big game to big game and you want something familiar or less taxing or less of investment or just a turn your brain off game. I went from Persona 3 Reload to Balatro. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of story and commitment.
Finally got a save going on Friday. I'm two hours in, but that doesn't count the hour or so I lost when I loaded an old save because I didn't like some of the choices I made lol.

Really enjoying the dice roll/skill check aspect though I'm still pretty green on all of the possibilities for combat/utilizing your party characters individual skill. Currently navigating this damn goblin camp and I feel like I'm wayy too low a level, but I really want to rescue this druid guy..

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:19 am

Finally got a save going on Friday. I'm two hours in, but that doesn't count the hour or so I lost when I loaded an old save because I didn't like some of the choices I made lol.

Really enjoying the dice roll/skill check aspect though I'm still pretty green on all of the possibilities for combat/utilizing your party characters individual skill. Currently navigating this damn goblin camp and I feel like I'm wayy too low a level, but I really want to rescue this druid guy..
Shoot the door so he can help you in battle
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Yeah, that's fun. Love the D20. If you find him without stirring up too much trouble you can definitely get him on your side. Once you find the druid.

What kind of character did you end up going with?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm

Shoot the door so he can help you in battle
I demanded the Goblins release him and then he busted open the gates lol.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 pm

Yeah, that's fun. Love the D20. If you find him without stirring up too much trouble you can definitely get him on your side. Once you find the druid.

I've found and rescued the Druid without violence.. but now to get him out. I've fought a couple groups but then tried to fight the leader and it didn't go well. Going to see if we can just leave then come back later.

I generally prefer hack n slash so went with a Human/Warrior. I figured it would simplify things, though I'm getting the hang of spells with Shadowheart and Wyll. Funny enough, after almost 5 hours I just realized the right trigger brings up camp/rest options. I couldn't figure out how to replenish my health and have been going through potions like crazy lol.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm

I've found and rescued the Druid without violence.. but now to get him out. I've fought a couple groups but then tried to fight the leader and it didn't go well. Going to see if we can just leave then come back later.

I generally prefer hack n slash so went with a Human/Warrior. I figured it would simplify things, though I'm getting the hang of spells with Shadowheart and Wyll. Funny enough, after almost 5 hours I just realized the right trigger brings up camp/rest options. I couldn't figure out how to replenish my health and have been going through potions like crazy lol.
Oh yeah, camp often. It'll give you story beats and replinish your spell slots for everybody. All you need is a bit of food.

That fight with the leader is kind of one of the big fights of the first act. So, you'll likely have to be at least level 4 or 5.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm

Oh yeah, camp often. It'll give you story beats and replinish your spell slots for everybody. All you need is a bit of food.

That fight with the leader is kind of one of the big fights of the first act. So, you'll likely have to be at least level 4 or 5.
I managed to beat the boss then "camped" to get out without fighting all the goblins outside. I am playing on easy though.. :beer:

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Who are everyone's favorite party members? Currently I have Karlach, Wyll and Lae'zel. Not sure I like this combination.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:31 pm Who are everyone's favorite party members? Currently I have Karlach, Wyll and Lae'zel. Not sure I like this combination.
I was mainly Karlach, Shadowheart, and Astarion. Shadowheart feels kind like an autoinclude as the party healer if you're not playing a healing class. Same as Astarion for someone to switch to pick locks and sneak around as a thief. Wyll kinda sucks. You have to rely on his eldritch blast a lot with him. Gale is cool. He gives you a lot of options. I feel like you have to pick one of Lae'zel or Karlach as Barbarian or a fighter. Unless you're going all melee fucking kill everything. Beat every encounter in the face. Which hey, there's no wrong way to play.

Karlach was probably my favorite character story wise. I was a paladin and they were a great one, two, melee combo in fights as well. You can even respec different classes if you want though. Like I really like Lae'zel but I want her to be a sorcerer. You can do that.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Astarion is also a really good character. His voice performance is stellar. Karlach and Astarion are maybe the S tier party members. Shadowheart and Gale are probably A tier. Lae'zel, too. She's good. You can get a couple more. Like you can get the druid. While his character isn't the most interesting, I really liked druids in a fight.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I played as a druid so I ditched homeboy. I had Lae'zel but switched in Karlach after she was available. Sometimes I sub in Astation if I feel like it. Otherwise it's Me, Kar, Gale, and Astatian/Shadowheart and then sometimes Wyll.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I switched to Gale, Shadowheart and Astarion. About to enter the underdark for the first time.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:13 pm I switched to Gale, Shadowheart and Astarion. About to enter the underdark for the first time.
That's a good well rounded party. Everyone plays a bit different and you're the hit stuff melee character. Two spell casters. Astarion can do dexterity bow stuff and also assassinate and get behind guys.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Wyll is okay. He's the lawful good character. I just didnt really dig the way warlock played. It seemed a bit limited because they cast spells at their highest level and uses up their limited spell slots. So you have to build around eldritch blast to use them effectively which is kinda cool, but felt kinda samey. I like his story though with selling his soul for power to a pact with a demon besides being a "good" character.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

15 or so hours in and I just found out I could lockpick... lol

Still having a great time.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Manor Lords on PC

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Playing through Another Crab's Treasure. Basically a funny Crabsouls.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:10 pm Manor Lords on PC
Bellwright looks better. Check it out, brother

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

FO76. It's just so much better than 4. I said what I said.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm
Bellwright looks cool but also totally different. More 1st person. Manor Lords is also currently in Early Access, FWIW.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am FO76. It's just so much better than 4. I said what I said.
I just couldn't get into it. The MMO style was an instant no go for me. And at this point, there appears to be soo much content I don't know how anyone could ever catch up.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Still playing BG3. I'm not a fan of Act II. I'm still just constantly amazed though at all the branching possibilities and variations of characters that they accounted for. It's incredible.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:34 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm
Bellwright looks cool but also totally different. More 1st person. Manor Lords is also currently in Early Access, FWIW.
Manor Lords looks pimp. I'll check it out soon.