Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Mandatory »

I'm burned out on Valhalla even though I didn't finish the Dawn of Ragnarok or Forgotten Saga DLC. I'll come back later..

Downloaded RDR2 on XBOX and just got to Chapter 3. I also bought Far Cry 5 and AC Odyssey, though I may have been too ambitious with those. I say bought as I had them on PS5 previously.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

YBBR wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:47 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:45 pm Dammit YBBR, I am playing far too much Dead Cells!!!
Dead Cells is gooooooood
Just got this yesterday. It already has it's claws sunk deep in me. Good Rec
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:50 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:47 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:45 pm Dammit YBBR, I am playing far too much Dead Cells!!!
Dead Cells is gooooooood
Just got this yesterday. It already has it's claws sunk deep in me. Good Rec
Ahh, yeah, right on. That's a great game. Love Dead Cells.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Playing the stealth dropped game from Tango Gameworks, Hi-Fi Rush. Seems really good so far. Dropped yesterday on PC and Xbox.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
That Tim Guy

Post by That Tim Guy »

COD MW 2. I'm a bit older than most of the players but I hold my own.
Herky

Post by Herky »

AC Valhalla. 65% done.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Just waiting on Hogwarts Legacy...

Thinking about trying out Mafia: Definitive Edition

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hogwarts Legacy. Bought the deluxe version so it released at midnight last night. Can't wait!

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I've been playing the new rogue-lite mode in Hitman: World of Assassination. It's dynamite. IO Interactive has done a tremendous job with these 3 games. Now you can get them all under one roof with all the DLC for one price.

I have spent a LOT of time playing Hitman over these recent iterations. Check this thing out if you haven't played the new Hitman's.
BuDG123

Re: What are you playing right now

Post by BuDG123 »

I hear the new PS five VR Horizon game is supposed to be pretty sick.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Company of Heroes 3 is out. WWII RTS/base capture game. It's pretty fun, but I'd probably wait for the price to go down and more content to be added to the game.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:29 pm I've been playing the new rogue-lite mode in Hitman: World of Assassination. It's dynamite. IO Interactive has done a tremendous job with these 3 games. Now you can get them all under one roof with all the DLC for one price.

I have spent a LOT of time playing Hitman over these recent iterations. Check this thing out if you haven't played the new Hitman's.
Every time I buy a new Hitman game I go HARD on like 3 levels and burn myself out. IO Interactive packs stuff into these games.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:09 am
YBBR wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:29 pm I've been playing the new rogue-lite mode in Hitman: World of Assassination. It's dynamite. IO Interactive has done a tremendous job with these 3 games. Now you can get them all under one roof with all the DLC for one price.

Every time I buy a new Hitman game I go HARD on like 3 levels and burn myself out. IO Interactive packs stuff into these games.
Oh man. I feel you. There is so much to do in the Hitman games. Hitman is so damn good now. I'm glad Hitman 3 was a success because 1 and 2 were also great and didn't sell super well. But now you can play it all! The new mode is randomized. Random targets, random objectives, random maps, all while taking in gear from your home base. It really tests your skills as a no save scum hitman player. It might be the new best way to play Hitman. Even better than the campaign stuff.

People will be playing this Hitman for many years to come. It rules.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

PUBG

My goodness. It's full of sweats or else I'm just dogshit. I dont even try to initiate combat. I play hide-and-seek and dudes still jack me up. I like the intensity and all but almost everyone is Level 500. Is there only 1000 people playing this game anymore?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:18 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:09 am

Oh man. I feel you. There is so much to do in the Hitman games. Hitman is so damn good now. I'm glad Hitman 3 was a success because 1 and 2 were also great and didn't sell super well. But now you can play it all! The new mode is randomized. Random targets, random objectives, random maps, all while taking in gear from your home base. It really tests your skills as a no save scum hitman player. It might be the new best way to play Hitman. Even better than the campaign stuff.

People will be playing this Hitman for many years to come. It rules.
Hell yeah, I might have to buy the new on then. Just gotta make myself play through the story right away before I start no lifing the levels.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Hitman 1, the original. That jungle area required me to edit the game as i could not get by it no matter how I tried. Excellent overall otherwise. Think I tried Hitman 2 demo. Was hard as balls too.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:36 pm Hitman 1, the original. That jungle area required me to edit the game as i could not get by it no matter how I tried. Excellent overall otherwise. Think I tried Hitman 2 demo. Was hard as balls too.
How did you edit the game?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:53 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:36 pm Hitman 1, the original. That jungle area required me to edit the game as i could not get by it no matter how I tried. Excellent overall otherwise. Think I tried Hitman 2 demo. Was hard as balls too.
PC. Console mode, edit, god mode.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:57 am
salamander wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:53 pm
PC. Console mode, edit, god mode.
:lol: Right on.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Finished my winter's gaming of Cyberpunk. Completed 2 walkthroughs. Game was pretty fun but the story wasn't that intriguing to me. Don't have a whole lot to say about the game actually. It was good but if I'm not really interested in the story, I find myself just clearing stuff off the map and not following much of the story lines. I'm glad I played the game but am also glad to be done with it.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I've been playing Wo Long from Team Ninja. It's sort of their take on an arcade version of Sekiro. Like Nioh was their take on an arcade version of Dark Souls. It's pretty good. It also takes place in China during the Yellow Turban War. So of you played any Dynasty Warriors games from you know the PS2 era onwards, you'll probably remember some of these people. And they will fight with you and stuff and that's kind of neat.

You're rolling deep with Lu Bu, Guan Yu, Cao Cao. All of those dudes.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:06 am I've been playing Wo Long from Team Ninja. It's sort of their take on an arcade version of Sekiro. Like Nioh was their take on an arcade version of Dark Souls. It's pretty good. It also takes place in China during the Yellow Turban War. So of you played any Dynasty Warriors games from you know the PS2 era onwards, you'll probably remember some of these people. And they will fight with you and stuff and that's kind of neat.

Is this good? I liked Nioh but I can't see myself playing another one.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:27 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:06 am I've been playing Wo Long from Team Ninja. It's sort of their take on an arcade version of Sekiro. Like Nioh was their take on an arcade version of Dark Souls. It's pretty good. It also takes place in China during the Yellow Turban War. So of you played any Dynasty Warriors games from you know the PS2 era onwards, you'll probably remember some of these people. And they will fight with you and stuff and that's kind of neat.

It's pretty good, but I don't think it's amazing or a must play or anything. I'm just playing on game pass. So I didn't have to buy the whole thing. I think I liked Nioh more at the time, but I also didn't play Nioh 2.

Seems like a good game. If you're on game pass for sure give it a look. If you have to pay $60 bucks for it. It's a skip and either forget it or pick it up down the road when it goes on sale.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:57 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:27 pm

It's pretty good, but I don't think it's amazing or a must play or anything. I'm just playing on game pass. So I didn't have to buy the whole thing. I think I liked Nioh more at the time, but I also didn't play Nioh 2.

Seems like a good game. If you're on game pass for sure give it a look. If you have to pay $60 bucks for it. It's a skip and either forget it or pick it up down the road when it goes on sale.
Right on. I'll probably wait then. Still have to get to the new Horizon game. Probably should start that here soon.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Company of Heroes 3 on PC with a little TW: Rome II sprinkled in.

And on console and because I'm a masochist I restarted Kingdom Come Deliverance.

#BaltimoreStrong
Esquared

Post by Esquared »

Fallout New vegas on pc with a ton of mods.

Ncaa 14 revamped.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I finished up Wo Long. Yo, it was pretty good. I felt it was pretty easy compared to Nioh and other games of that ilk, but I definitely did die a bunch. They do a good job letting you respec and change your 5 phases points around and you new spells and weapons at the drop of a hat. So that's good.

It had 1 truly great boss fight, where you fight Lu Bu about 35-40% through the game. He's a fucking jerk. A handful of other pretty good boss fights along the way. I dug the martial arts and spells you could kind of mix and match at will. If you're looking for a more digestible level based look at the Souls like action game. This might be up your alley.

8/10
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Dead Island 2 drops tomorrow!

Early reviews sound good.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Been playing Chrono Cross on Switch due to travel. Not sure what I think, as it is no Chrono Trigger.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:49 pm Been playing Chrono Cross on Switch due to travel. Not sure what I think, as it is no Chrono Trigger.
The music is pretty great!