Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by jffl_commish »

Started over with Valhalla. They've added a bit since I played last. More raiding!

I DL'd CKIII and got about 10 minutes into the intro and it hard crashed my PS5. I haven't played it since. Probably going to start up FIFA 22 again sometime and playing as Wrexham!
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Should be finishing up FarCry 6 soon. Decent enough game to pick up used for cheap but that's about it. Don't ever see myself playing it again or continuing to complete any additional side missions.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:28 am Should be finishing up FarCry 6 soon. Decent enough game to pick up used for cheap but that's about it. Don't ever see myself playing it again or continuing to complete any additional side missions.
I finished FarCry6 and immediately deleted it. No interest in the post story content, of which they tried to make interesting with the insurgencies etc.

It was a fun/solid game but just doesn't have replay interest to me. My least favorite thing about the game was the "supremo" stuff. I also never once used an amigo.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

AC Valhalla - I don't care about the best ending with Sigurd. He's a pompous douchecanoe.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:03 pm AC Valhalla - I don't care about the best ending with Sigurd. He's a pompous douchecanoe.
I'm pretty hooked on this right now as well. Sigurd is insufferable.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

FIFA 23 is out. Can't even make it through one match without it hard crashing my PS5.
Let's get Tropical
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Picked up Disney Dreamlight Valley for the switch. Perfect game for the hand held switch. Solid pickup for only $30. Crafting and doing tedious tasks to clean up the valley.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I fired up cyberpunk. It's alright, idk why I can't get into it like I want to. I think it might be partly do to the setting. For whatever reason, the world doesn't really grab me like I was hoping. It reminds me of how the original crackdown game was for me. I enjoyed it, but just couldn't bring myself to come back to it over and over again like TES, GTA, Fallout, and The Witcher games do.

I've been spending a lot of time exploring the world lately. That's cool and sort of annoying since there are so many locked doors and the map forces me out of certain locations. Idk, just saying. I'm gonna keep going with it though. Either that or I'll go back to the witcher 3 since I don't think I ever played the dlc for that.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:35 pm I fired up cyberpunk. It's alright, idk why I can't get into it like I want to. I think it might be partly do to the setting. For whatever reason, the world doesn't really grab me like I was hoping. It reminds me of how the original crackdown game was for me. I enjoyed it, but just couldn't bring myself to come back to it over and over again like TES, GTA, Fallout, and The Witcher games do.

I've been spending a lot of time exploring the world lately. That's cool and sort of annoying since there are so many locked doors and the map forces me out of certain locations. Idk, just saying. I'm gonna keep going with it though. Either that or I'll go back to the witcher 3 since I don't think I ever played the dlc for that.
Everything changes when you get Panam's ass in your face.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:46 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:35 pm I fired up cyberpunk. It's alright, idk why I can't get into it like I want to. I think it might be partly do to the setting. For whatever reason, the world doesn't really grab me like I was hoping. It reminds me of how the original crackdown game was for me. I enjoyed it, but just couldn't bring myself to come back to it over and over again like TES, GTA, Fallout, and The Witcher games do.

Everything changes when you get Panam's ass in your face.
Just got to that point. Idk about the ass yet, but the game got more fun.
I made this!
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I've decided to go with Cyberpunk for my winter game this year. I will be downloading it today when I get home.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

AC Valhalla.. just starting the DLCs. Victoria 3 tomorrow.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:39 pm I've decided to go with Cyberpunk for my winter game this year. I will be downloading it today when I get home.
I really like that game. It's "cool'. Enjoy the NCPD calls, and "Fixer" missions. They're there to give you an intimate look at the City–lots of cool nooks and crannies with weird lore.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Banged through Fallout 4 again. I still greatly dislike Preston. The dude voice actor is horrible. I shot Shaun first chance I had. The guy that leads the BOS is annoying too. They should have budgeted for better voice actors, IMO
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:41 am Banged through Fallout 4 again. I still greatly dislike Preston. The dude voice actor is horrible. I shot Shaun first chance I had. The guy that leads the BOS is annoying too. They should have budgeted for better voice actors, IMO
Apparently they are releasing an anniversary edition of this game that will be optimized for the next gen consoles. I'm on the fence about spending money on another enhanced version of an old game, but if some better games don't come out soon, I might.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:59 am
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:41 am Banged through Fallout 4 again. I still greatly dislike Preston. The dude voice actor is horrible. I shot Shaun first chance I had. The guy that leads the BOS is annoying too. They should have budgeted for better voice actors, IMO
Apparently they are releasing an anniversary edition of this game that will be optimized for the next gen consoles. I'm on the fence about spending money on another enhanced version of an old game, but if some better games don't come out soon, I might.
If you do, I recommend playing as the female character. The male character is awful.
Let's get Tropical
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I've been playing Deathloop since it made it over to gamepass. I like it so far. The desig n of the world and the art direction is really really good.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:44 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:39 pm I've decided to go with Cyberpunk for my winter game this year. I will be downloading it today when I get home.
I really like that game. It's "cool'. Enjoy the NCPD calls, and "Fixer" missions. They're there to give you an intimate look at the City–lots of cool nooks and crannies with weird lore.
As a Street Kid, I just finished the intro story with Jackie Welles and act 1. I'm hoping/assuming the game will start to pick up from here and won't have nearly as many cutscenes.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:48 am
As a Street Kid, I just finished the intro story with Jackie Welles and act 1. I'm hoping/assuming the game will start to pick up from here and won't have nearly as many cutscenes.
That game had the longest fucking tutorial. I consider up until the end of act 1 with Jackie as the tutorial.

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:13 pm

That game had the longest fucking tutorial. I consider up until the end of act 1 with Jackie as the tutorial.
Thanks - I was getting pretty annoyed with all the cutscenes with loading times I had to wait on last night. It was getting ridiculous.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:19 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:13 pm

Thanks - I was getting pretty annoyed with all the cutscenes with loading times I had to wait on last night. It was getting ridiculous.
The second time I played I skipped all that shit so I kinda forgot how long it was, as I played it upon release, took a break, then continued on months later.

I kinda want to go play this some more. Such a great game! Pistol and Grenade Corpo chick the 2nd play through.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm sure I'll pick that up and start all over again this winter too. Too bad you can't bang both Judy & Panam.
Let's get Tropical
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Deathloop cool ass game. 8.5/10
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Troll Trollson

Post by Troll Trollson »

Just started Far Cry 6. So far it's........just ok?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Troll Trollson wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:50 am Just started Far Cry 6. So far it's........just ok?
It's Mandy's favorite game, but I gave the hard copy away to a guy at work for free after a week.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I'm finally caught up at work so I've been spending some time finishing Dragon Quest XI in between patients. I really wish EA would settle their shit with Nintendo and release Madden on the Switch...
I made this!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:59 pm
Troll Trollson wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:50 am Just started Far Cry 6. So far it's........just ok?
It's Mandy's favorite game, but I gave the hard copy away to a guy at work for free after a week.
It's definitely not. It's not even my favorite Far Cry game.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:15 pm AC Valhalla.. just starting the DLCs. Victoria 3 tomorrow.
Finished Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris. Just hit 100 hours. Still have a lot of stuff to do.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I've been playing Chivalry 2 and that game is so dumb in the best way. Just silly and ludicrously awesome medieval warfare. Good stuff.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Winter project: All achievements all the souls games.

Just finished DS1 Sunday. Ds2 and 3 pending completion. Completed Ds1, Sekiro, Elden Ring and Bloodborne. No demon souls...I hate exclusives.