Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Re: *** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

Post by witljon »

If Edwards could carry the Wolves to the No. 1 seed, shouldn’t he be considered for league MVP?
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm becoming more and more impressed with his ability to seemingly get 30+ ppg without too much effort. The points just come.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:36 pm i'm becoming more and more impressed with his ability to seemingly get 30+ ppg without too much effort. The points just come.
yeah he's a scorer--not a shooter. he was feeling it at the end of the game last night. i don't remember him dribbling into and then burying too many threes this year. he got that one to go in late.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:44 pm If Edwards could carry the Wolves to the No. 1 seed, shouldn’t he be considered for league MVP?
Yes.

Especially if Towns misses the last 20 games or so and Gobert misses a handful here.

There’s not much buzz about it, but why not?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm
witljon wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:44 pm If Edwards could carry the Wolves to the No. 1 seed, shouldn’t he be considered for league MVP?
Yes.

Especially if Towns misses the last 20 games or so and Gobert misses a handful here.

Charles Barkley thinks Anthony Edwards can be MVP if Wolves win the West
"I think Ant-man should win the MVP."

https://www.si.com/nba/timberwolves/new ... n-the-west

i'm sure Ant saw that and said let's do it!
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:32 pm
Yes.

I guess we won’t have to worry about it until
we earn the No. 1 seed.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:36 pm i'm becoming more and more impressed with his ability to seemingly get 30+ ppg without too much effort. The points just come.
Even if he was 0-15 I'd still want him to shoot it. Has the rare ability to take over a game and humiliate everyone on the court at a moments notice.

Bill Simmons (that BIll SImmons!) said it best a few months ago, Ant has takeover ability on both ends of the floor that rival the best players to ever do it.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Some ex players who have worked with Ant talked to me about Ant 3 years ago. I saw the flash of the dog and killer in him, and that athletically he was Jordan-esque..I was told,” yep, but he has a lot of growing up to do - he has to learn to be a professional, and take care of his body-He is playing on pure talent and needs to mature before he will be dominant.”

He seems to be getting there. He will get calls if he starts dominating like he is capable of. Right now he is spending energy on chirping about contact and it’s working against him a little. The refs have obviously sucked and I’m sure it’s frustrating, but he has turned into KAT, who ironically doesn’t chirp nearly as much this year..
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

BuDG123 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:44 pm Some ex players who have worked with Ant talked to me about Ant 3 years ago. I saw the flash of the dog and killer in him, and that athletically he was Jordan-esque..I was told,” yep, but he has a lot of growing up to do - he has to learn to be a professional, and take care of his body-He is playing on pure talent and needs to mature before he will be dominant.”

He seems to be getting there. He will get calls if he starts dominating like he is capable of. Right now he is spending energy on chirping about contact and it’s working against him a little. The refs have obviously sucked and I’m sure it’s frustrating, but he has turned into KAT, who ironically doesn’t chirp nearly as much this year..
This is the least Towns has complained in like 5 or 6 seasons easily. I love it. Ant is the one who needs to reign it in at this point. His gripes are usually well founded like you have noted. There's a lot of contact near the rim that for whatever reason they just don't call for him. The clapping and the little explosion of outbursts he does, we could do without that.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

YBBR wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:51 pm
BuDG123 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:44 pm Some ex players who have worked with Ant talked to me about Ant 3 years ago. I saw the flash of the dog and killer in him, and that athletically he was Jordan-esque..I was told,” yep, but he has a lot of growing up to do - he has to learn to be a professional, and take care of his body-He is playing on pure talent and needs to mature before he will be dominant.”

This is the least Towns has complained in like 5 or 6 seasons easily. I love it. Ant is the one who needs to reign it in at this point. His gripes are usually well founded like you have noted. There's a lot of contact near the rim that for whatever reason they just don't call for him. The clapping and the little explosion of outbursts he does, we could do without that.
I think part of it is actually his strength- he doesn’t get knocked off his spot when in the air easily because he has power and control. Hard fouls don’t look like it because he still completes the motion. He is going for the and 1 as he should, but until the start calling it he may have to exaggerate the contact not power through it. It will likely mean less 3 point plays but more fouls and FT (for now). Barkley was similar being smaller inside, where Ants fouls are happening on slash drives.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

He really is Black Jesus

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Kyle Anderson is one of the funniest parts of the whole thing.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Holy shit Ant.

Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

You guys have probably already posted these, and sorry if you did. I'm just catching up. This is awesome. Poster a dude and give him your jersey.

Let's get Tropical
j-one

Post by j-one »

I think he'll go for 70 at some point in his career. Full O game coming together, 3's, gets to the line, mid range, left hand finishes, TOs aren't as bad. About all he needs to do is to figure out is his half court buzzer beaters.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:19 am You guys have probably already posted these, and sorry if you did. I'm just catching up. This is awesome. Poster a dude and give him your jersey.

horton said that hes seeing more wolves jerseys in the opposing arenas. Antman is building the fan base.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

Any word about Ant’s finger?

Broken?

Dislocated?

Sprained?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the horton call.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 am Any word about Ant’s finger?

Broken?

Dislocated?

Sprained?

Edwards dislocated the finger on the off hand that mashed into Collins’ face, but got it put back into place and taped up during Minnesota’s ensuing timeout.

And he never looked back from there. As he’s been wont to do of late, Edwards took over the contest, controlling the game with relative ease.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

It is somehow getting framed and put on my wall.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 am Any word about Ant’s finger?

Broken?

Dislocated?

Sprained?
They didn't have to amputate it so he's good :thumbsup:

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Not only is he great, seems near indestructible. Walks off twisted ankles and dislocated joints like no one's business
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

What a game. Whoo!!!
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

He hits that three tonight and wolves win in OT and he would have shot up to top 5 probably behind joker, SGA and Giannis alojg with, Luka and Tatum with Kawhi/AD/KD and company ate around or near him. He keeps scoring 30+ w/o KAT and wolves hold top 3 seed he’ll be top 5. It’s jokers to lose though, he’s surrounded by role players and Murray some games. They are essentially the sixers and lose jokic they would be .500 at best (Murray/Maxey:joker/embiid)
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

We need health now. Health and stamina. Ants growing. He is still so young. He loves the game and that will carry him. Get that 3% up a couple more percentage points and he will have the whole elite package. Fun to watch and a great personality