Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
DonaldDouchebag

Re: *** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Dude played probably the most idiotic game of his career tonight.

BBIQ right around room temp. 👍
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Greenbolt

Post by Greenbolt »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:57 pm Dude played probably the most idiotic game of his career tonight.

BBIQ right around room temp. 👍
i give him a pass because he was under the weather. in any case his default mode has always been to play too selfishly, so playing too UNselfishly like he's been doing lately is good sign to me because it shows that he's making an effort to siphon off the ball hog issues. fixing an overcorrection is far easier than breaking through a wall of stubbornness. i think Ant's playmaking has been great lately and last night was another example. great sign imo
populousample

Post by populousample »

somuchyummy beef supreme chat
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Wilbon actually praised him on PTI the other day for speaking his mind.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

what does the NBA do with that 40 grand. ref retirement fund?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

excerpt from a pioneer press article.

Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards doesn’t believe he has the respect of NBA officials. The numbers suggest otherwise.

Edwards’ grievances with officials are nothing new. His seven technical fouls this season are tied for 10th most in the NBA. He often displays his frustration mid-game, shouting or clapping at officials when he feels he doesn’t get a call.

But to say Edwards hasn’t earned the respect of officials can be a little misleading. Over the past two months, Edwards is shooting 6.6 free throws per game, 11th most in the NBA. The difference between Edwards and the No. 5-10 guys is marginal.

The true separation lies between the top four free-throw attempters — Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, Luka Doncic and Gilgeous-Alexander. They’re all above 10 attempts from the charity stripe per game. Beyond them, Edwards gets as good of a whistle as anyone else.

But why do those guys get more calls? Clout is often thought to be the determining factor. But if that were the case, LeBron James would lead the NBA in free-throw attempts each season, something he actually has never done. Nikola Jokic, widely accepted as the best player in basketball, often finishes the game with more scratches on his arm than attempts from the line.

The thing that ties the top four foul drawers together is their style of play. It’s slow, methodical and deliberate. They take their time and prod defenders until the man in front of them gets out of legal guarding position, then they attack in a way that draws contact.

It may not look like much, but it often is a foul by the letter of the law. And because it played out so slowly in front of the ref, it’s almost always seen, and almost always gets called.
populousample

Post by populousample »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:23 am excerpt from a pioneer press article.

Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards doesn’t believe he has the respect of NBA officials. The numbers suggest otherwise.

Edwards’ grievances with officials are nothing new. His seven technical fouls this season are tied for 10th most in the NBA. He often displays his frustration mid-game, shouting or clapping at officials when he feels he doesn’t get a call.

But to say Edwards hasn’t earned the respect of officials can be a little misleading. Over the past two months, Edwards is shooting 6.6 free throws per game, 11th most in the NBA. The difference between Edwards and the No. 5-10 guys is marginal.

The true separation lies between the top four free-throw attempters — Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, Luka Doncic and Gilgeous-Alexander. They’re all above 10 attempts from the charity stripe per game. Beyond them, Edwards gets as good of a whistle as anyone else.

But why do those guys get more calls? Clout is often thought to be the determining factor. But if that were the case, LeBron James would lead the NBA in free-throw attempts each season, something he actually has never done. Nikola Jokic, widely accepted as the best player in basketball, often finishes the game with more scratches on his arm than attempts from the line.

The thing that ties the top four foul drawers together is their style of play. It’s slow, methodical and deliberate. They take their time and prod defenders until the man in front of them gets out of legal guarding position, then they attack in a way that draws contact.

It may not look like much, but it often is a foul by the letter of the law. And because it played out so slowly in front of the ref, it’s almost always seen, and almost always gets called.
Officiating is consistently inconsistent, is what it is. The slow factor is probably a reality on some levels but just adds to the inconsistent reality. On a positive note, maybe ANT’s ax grinding with the officials this year is keeping KAT’s on-court complaints at bay bit.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

brittrobson
@brittrobson
Column tease: Ant's improvement camouflages how much better he could be with decent shot selection. In his overall shot mix %s, FGA at the rim and from 3 are career lows while all the midranges distances are career highs. He's an inaccurate volume midrange shooter compared to his peers. He's 9th in midrange attempts & 46th in midrange accuracy among top 50 in midrange attempts. He's also missed 4th most midrange shots in the NBA thus far--DeRozan (194), Ingram (140), Banchero (139) + Ant (131).
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:01 pm brittrobson
@brittrobson
Column tease: Ant's improvement camouflages how much better he could be with decent shot selection. In his overall shot mix %s, FGA at the rim and from 3 are career lows while all the midranges distances are career highs. He's an inaccurate volume midrange shooter compared to his peers. He's 9th in midrange attempts & 46th in midrange accuracy among top 50 in midrange attempts. He's also missed 4th most midrange shots in the NBA thus far--DeRozan (194), Ingram (140), Banchero (139) + Ant (131).
I think Ant's midrange % could be noticeably improved if he wasn't so love with his highlight reel, fade away, off the backboard shot that he hits 3 out of 10 times.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Ant just needs some arch on those mid range shots. They're always coming in hot and I'm surprised they ever go in.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:05 pm
@brittrobson
I think Ant's midrange % could be noticeably improved if he wasn't so love with his highlight reel, fade away, off the backboard shot that he hits 3 out of 10 times.
Yep, he makes the game harder than it needs to be sometimes.
Roy Kent

Post by Roy Kent »

A$$MAN wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:18 pm
@brittrobson
22. Jordan came in the league when he was 21. He's got time.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Roy Kent wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:39 pm
A$$MAN wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:18 pm

22. Jordan came in the league when he was 21. He's got time.
That's the part people keep forgetting about ANT. He's a few years away from his prime yet. He'd be a rookie if he stayed in college.
Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

https://x.com/NotTomGugliotta/status/17 ... 86605?s=20

if someone can fix this. I would be grateful. Not up to snuff on my putting. Outside things on here.
My heart is family.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Catalyst wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 am https://x.com/NotTomGugliotta/status/17 ... 86605?s=20

if someone can fix this. I would be grateful. Not up to snuff on my putting. Outside things on here.
Let's get Tropical
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:29 am
Catalyst wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 am https://x.com/NotTomGugliotta/status/17 ... 86605?s=20

Thanx
My heart is family.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:32 am
Absolutely loved that shot. I think I rewound it 3 times last night. The last time I even called my wife in the living room, rewound the play, first explained to her that players rarely use the backboard and basically never do on 3 pointers, explained that players sometimes are soo off on their shot that they sometimes bank it off the glass and make the shot but are momentarily embarrassed & laughed at for how far they were off on that shot.

She watched the play and basically gave me the Jaden McDaniels' dead eye stare. Clearly not finding it as fascinating as me.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:03 pm what does the NBA do with that 40 grand. ref retirement fund?
The refs build their retirement fund by pissing off players?
witljon

Post by witljon »

After his first 4 seasons, Steph Curry had 644 made 3-pointers.
Anthony Edwards already has 725 made 3-pointers and is only half way through his 4th season.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

witljon wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:09 pm After his first 4 seasons, Steph Curry had 644 made 3-pointers.
Anthony Edwards already has 725 made 3-pointers and is only half way through his 4th season.
Saw that posted somewhere today too lol.
In Steph’s first 3 years he took a total of 843 threes
In year 4 he took 626.
Ant has already attempted over 2000 lol. Luka takes 550 per year.
Year 4-5 was basically when Steph supernova began /when he changed the game to 3pt focus.

Edit: also looked up Harden. He took over 1000 threes in 2018. Good lord haha.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

don't like that this knee soreness issue has showed up all of a sudden.

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:18 pm don't like that this knee soreness issue has showed up all of a sudden.

Not really all of a sudden...it's been a concern for awhile and it's time for a break imo. Kinda wish he wasn't going to the all star game as that would have been a good period of time for him to let it settle down...As Minnesotan's we can be pretty sure it will become a bigger problem as the year goes on and likely will rear its ugly head in the playoffs.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:06 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:18 pm don't like that this knee soreness issue has showed up all of a sudden.

Not really all of a sudden...it's been a concern for awhile and it's time for a break imo. Kinda wish he wasn't going to the all star game as that would have been a good period of time for him to let it settle down...As Minnesotan's we can be pretty sure it will become a bigger problem as the year goes on and likely will rear its ugly head in the playoffs.
it's the first time he's been listed as questionable because of knee soreness this season.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:17 pm

it's the first time he's been listed as questionable because of knee soreness this season.
:lol:
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... endinitis/
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:35 pm

i didn't remember that. what's worse is that was the left knee and this time it's the right one. they both hurt.

edit: from the piston game day thread. contusion doesn't quite sound chronic like "soreness". i think that was when he knocked knees in the previous game and i wasn't concerned because of that and totally forgot about it.

Minnesota - Anthony Edwards is Questionable with a knee contusion.
Last edited by weimy froob on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:43 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:35 pm

i didn't remember that. what's worse is that was the left knee and this time it's the right one. they both hurt.
He needs some of that Icy Hot that Shaq uses!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:45 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:43 pm
He needs some of that Icy Hot that Shaq uses!
i added to my previous post.