Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: *** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:22 am He’s 22.

Imagine if we’d been able to surround KG with a team this good when he was 22 and sustained that for a decade. We have that opportunity now.
Yep, it's sad, KG is an underrated all timer and was surrounded by mediocre to dog shit players. If he's surrounded by anything good he's probably one of the greats.

We are leaps and bounds ahead of anything before, dpoy candidate, towns a multiple time all NBA. It's nice having nice things.
I'll die on the hill that if Duncan and KG switched spots then it would have been KG winning multiple rings and that Duncan would have wound up ringless in Minnesota.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:58 am

Imagine if we’d been able to surround KG with a team this good when he was 22 and sustained that for a decade. We have that opportunity now.
Yep, it's sad, KG is an underrated all timer and was surrounded by mediocre to dog shit players. If he's surrounded by anything good he's probably one of the greats.

We are leaps and bounds ahead of anything before, dpoy candidate, towns a multiple time all NBA. It's nice having nice things.
I'll die on the hill that if Duncan and KG switched spots then it would have been KG winning multiple rings and that Duncan would have wound up ringless in Minnesota.
I definitely agree that KG would have won Championships if it was him playing for Pop in SA.

However, Turd Taylor and McHale fucked over the organization big time when they got busted for that under the table deal to keep KG’s buddy Joe Smith in Minnesota. That likely wouldn’t have happened if we had Duncan so maybe McHale hits on a couple of more draft picks to build a solid team around Duncan? Hard to say.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I agree. That one analysis that went around a couple years ago saying KG is basically a top 10 player based on statistical analysis really sold me. He was an all-timer defensively as they laid out, did everything else offensively other than drop 30 a night, and would have kept beating the Lakers with Pau and Kobe if not for his injury. I mean his best team was with a washed up Latrell and a still good Sam. Gets shipped off to Boston, instant ring.

Duncan got to play with basically 4 other hall of famers, Robinson, Leonard, Parker, Manu.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:44 pm The Timberwolves finally got one right.

Drafting this kid will go down as the number #1 move in franchise history.
And now factor in Naz :o
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:30 am

I definitely agree that KG would have won Championships if it was him playing for Pop in SA.

However, Turd Taylor and McHale fucked over the organization big time when they got busted for that under the table deal to keep KG’s buddy Joe Smith in Minnesota. That likely wouldn’t have happened if we had Duncan so maybe McHale hits on a couple of more draft picks to build a solid team around Duncan? Hard to say.
McHales draft record was god awful overall. Yes massive home run with KG and i don’t even hold McHale responsible for the Marbury fiasco. Marbury was such a great player with KG and is sad he couldn’t play Robin to KGs Batman.

But then every draft to fuck up, he did. I don’t think I ever wanted a player more than Rip Hamilton coming out of Uconn. I thought for sure we were taking him and then when i heard Wally’s name i couldn’t even watch the rest of the draft. Will Avery, Foye, Mac Cants, Ebi, the list is endless. Then he did have a good pick trade for Love over Mayo. But overall his eye for talent was terrible.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:03 pm

McHales draft record was god awful overall. Yes massive home run with KG and i don’t even hold McHale responsible for the Marbury fiasco. Marbury was such a great player with KG and is sad he couldn’t play Robin to KGs Batman.

But then every draft to fuck up, he did. I don’t think I ever wanted a player more than Rip Hamilton coming out of Uconn. I thought for sure we were taking him and then when i heard Wally’s name i couldn’t even watch the rest of the draft. Will Avery, Foye, Mac Cants, Ebi, the list is endless. Then he did have a good pick trade for Love over Mayo. But overall his eye for talent was terrible.
Yeah. The one that really bothered me was McCants over Danny Granger.

KG and Granger would have been a beautiful pairing.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:05 pm

It wasnt just the drafts either, it was the overall management of the roster....like when Chauncey Billups wanted to resign, but instead McHale decided to stick with Brandon who had a series of prior injuries and was just coming off a knee surgery, and never played another game for the Wolves after Billups left.
Sam Cassell AND a first rounder for Marko Jaric. Heres the kicker on the 1t round pick, the pick was conditional, the condition on the pick? if the Wolves end up in the lottery, LAC gets it...its like when people put a lottery protection when they trade firsts, but the opposite of that.
Wally SzCerbiak AND a first rounder for Ricky Davis. You'd think with Joe Smith debacle and losing 3 first rounders for that, McHale would want to hold on to the first rounders he had, but for some reason that wasnt the case.
Traded KG, one of the biggest superstars MN has ever seen, when he wanted to stay in Minnesota. And then in trading him, negotiated like he had no clue what he was doing. Supposedly wanted Rondo, but settled for Telfair. No way Boston would have held up the trade if McHale didn't settle. He was trading the best player in the deal, he had the upper hand but let Boston call the shots.

And I dont like to nitpick drafts too much, because theres no crystal ball when teams are drafting, but when you routinely make blunders like Ndudi Ebi when Kendrick Perkins, Leandro Barbosa and Josh Howard followed immediately after or trade Roy for Foye, its worth pointing out.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

McCants had a lot of talent to be fair. He was just a massive idiot. He played himself out of the league despite being easily good enough to be in it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

McCants at 14 was a fine pick. Definitely worth the risk at that point in the draft, as the upside was very high. His last full seasons with the Wolves he averaged 15 points while shooting 40% from 3. Talent was not an issue one bit.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Man, now I’m going to go down a YT hole of old McCants video.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

“MeCants”

:lol:
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

YBBR wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:49 pm

McCants had a lot of talent to be fair. He was just a massive idiot. He played himself out of the league despite being easily good enough to be in it.
Good slasher that could get hot from 3. Zero defense
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

MJ just jumped on the bandwagon.

All the "old heads" are now singing Ant praise. Not even KG really had this level of support from the media. We are officially in uncharted territory with Ant

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:48 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:49 pm

Good slasher that could get hot from 3. Zero defense
He had to work on his poems
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Someone in the league office, please send a memo to ESPN and TNT and tell them that it's "ANT" and not 'Antman'. Act like you know what you're talking about.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

TheLokNesMonster

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

You know the guy is good, but he jumped another level in just 4 games. He knows he can dominate even the most important games now. Durant said the sky is the limit for him.

There are very few players that can do what he does. The ones that can are in the Basketball HOF. When guys like Barkley and Durant are awed by you, you are in a different league.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Dude is 22 years old. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Let's get Tropical
j-one

Post by j-one »

He owns the town - over Royce, Jefferson, Kiril...
TheLokNesMonster

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

j-one wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am He owns the town - over Royce, Jefferson, Kiril...
Royce is bigger than Buck?
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 am Dude is 22 years old. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
I'm upgrading to a 5 point harness for this ride
Keep your stick on the ice
j-one

Post by j-one »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:29 am
j-one wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am He owns the town - over Royce, Jefferson, Kiril...
In the young-superstar mindset, I'd say yes. The way those two can't stay healthy, perhaps I need to keep looking...
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

j-one wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am
In the young-superstar mindset, I'd say yes. The way those two can't stay healthy, perhaps I need to keep looking...
Yes.... keep looking. :lol:

Even Bux has been inconsistent since he ascended, on top of injury concerns.

Royce is even more injury prone, but he could be him if he wasnt glass joe.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

minnemike wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:06 am

Take it to Twins chat.:hair: :-D
My heart is family.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Talking Twins in Wolves Chat?

We don't take kindly to your kind here :yawn: :lol:

minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm

Talking Twins in Wolves Chat?

We don't take kindly to your kind here :yawn: :lol:
I'm just the closer here trying to send that post back to the dugout!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Poster