Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Beef Supreme

Re: *** Official Anthony Edwards Chat ***

Post by Beef Supreme »

We talk about a lot of issues with the team daily. And that’s fine.

But everything else is just setting the table. Towns, Anderson, Jaden, NAW, Naz, etc. all important. But all secondary. If this team is truly a championship contender, Edwards has to be a present superstar. Not a future one. Not an emerging one. Not a young developing one. He needs to have arrived. It needs to be present tense. I don’t think he’s quite there yet. He still has some mental errors and some inconsistencies to his game. It’s nit-picky. It’s the difference between a top-15 guy and a top-5 guy. I think he stands a great chance of getting there. I don’t know if he gets there this year or not.

But that’s what has to happen if this year is going to pay off with the ultimate prize.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:59 pm We talk about a lot of issues with the team daily. And that’s fine.

But everything else is just setting the table. Towns, Anderson, Jaden, NAW, Naz, etc. all important. But all secondary. If this team is truly a championship contender, Edwards has to be a present superstar. Not a future one. Not an emerging one. Not a young developing one. He needs to have arrived. It needs to be present tense. I don’t think he’s quite there yet. He still has some mental errors and some inconsistencies to his game. It’s nit-picky. It’s the difference between a top-15 guy and a top-5 guy. I think he stands a great chance of getting there. I don’t know if he gets there this year or not.

But that’s what has to happen if this year is going to pay off with the ultimate prize.
This is precisely why I want the Wolves to force feed him as much as possible. We will only go as far as Ant will take us. Live by Ant and die by Ant. Ant is the key to this team long term
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:04 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:59 pm We talk about a lot of issues with the team daily. And that’s fine.

This is precisely why I want the Wolves to force feed him as much as possible. We will only go as far as Ant will take us. Live by Ant and die by Ant. Ant is the key to this team long term
I think I know what you mean. I think “force feed” might not be the best way to phrase it. You’ve got to be smart about it. But keep putting him in those situations to be “the man” and win games.

- Isaac Asimov
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

He's too young to force feed. Proper ball movement is also key to his success. The game is already slowing down for him, can't wait to see a consistent 30pt 6ast guy in the next couple years.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Whether he 100% believes this or not, he completely gets how to fully play to Minnesota fans.

PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

I can’t believe that article so much that it has to be someone playing a sick joke making AI write an article about Ant never leaving the Wolves.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

PanicWolf wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:18 pm I can’t believe that article so much that it has to be someone playing a sick joke making AI write an article about Ant never leaving the Wolves.
I’m not going to attempt to copy that article here, but this is the link: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/anthony ... he%20says.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:52 pm Whether he 100% believes this or not, he completely gets how to fully play to Minnesota fans.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Here's the video of that. How can you not love this dude?

Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:46 pm Here's the video of that. How can you not love this dude?

:lol: it's not work if you love what you do.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:46 pm Here's the video of that. How can you not love this dude?

Very likable.

But honestly, I didn’t love when he tried to bank in another FT when the game got a little tight in the 3rd…

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:19 pm
he turns Feb into his season average? he's got an MVP stew goin (his Feb stats are basically SGAs season averages this year)
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sky is the limit. Could be MVP one day. No bullshit. Keep going, Ant.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:48 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:19 pm
he turns Feb into his season average? he's got an MVP stew goin (his Feb stats are basically SGAs season averages this year)
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

Is Ant going to cover up having a kid? Will be interesting what he tells the beat guys.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

PanicWolf wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:31 pm Is Ant going to cover up having a kid? Will be interesting what he tells the beat guys.
What? If he’s trying to keep it secret it hasn’t been hidden well.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

Just saying it will be interesting how much he talks about it. Usually famous people do an over the top social media thing with newborns, or at least acknowledge it with something on the internet thing.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

not sure if i'm critical of the giannis play. you?

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

okay the next tweet down is the play--not the one in the other clip.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i can't remember exactly how the play went last year against the nuggets in the playoffs--but it was in game two. the bottom line was that Ant got disrespected by a denver player. anybody remember exactly what happened? anyways, from that moment on he was a different player. he got his competitive fires stoked and it was game on. when the fuse gets lit the kid is fire.

Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
To me, what stood out most about Anthony Edwards' game tonight was his competitiveness. Different level.

Asked Naz Reid, who has played with Ant for four years now, where he sees Edwards' competitiveness as a teammate:

"When he talks. When he talks, he backs it up. He doesn't say nothing that he doesn't mean. I believe him every time he says something because I see it every time he says it. I've been seeing it for four years. So it's nothing new. He's always been that guy, he's only gotten better. So for me, it's the way he talks and the way he walks. He walks about his swag."
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

The top vid taken by a fan is probably the best clip I've seen regarding that game winning block.

somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

he not only hit his head on the rim, but also his shoulders on the bottom of the backboard. crazy. that looked like some 9 foot rim shit.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

This question works better in this thread:

Where does this Pacer win rank on all-time individual wolves performances?

Garnett game 7

Ant vs Pacers

D Rose 50

Love 30-30

?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

ANT is 22 years old. If he played 4 years of college ball, he'd be a rookie. That is insane.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:06 pm ANT is 22 years old. If he played 4 years of college ball, he'd be a rookie. That is insane.
And drafted in the second round because of his age.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Add Kevin Durant to this list.

Seems like all the Stars in this league keep praising Ant. Refreshing to see

shoteh

Post by shoteh »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:11 pm Add Kevin Durant to this list.

Seems like all the Stars in this league keep praising Ant. Refreshing to see
they said the same about Andrew Wiggins whopp dee :lol: jp