Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cousins or Wentz?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Da Gas Man

Re: Cousins or Wentz?

Post by Da Gas Man »

focker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:15 pm What's up with the Eagles always having a ton of injuries? They seem to be the most injured team in the league year after year.
I don't want to get technical and all but let's just say it has to do with a deal with the devil to get that one super bowl win.

(not that I wouldn't take that same deal for the Vikings)
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Da Gas Man wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:26 pm
focker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:15 pm What's up with the Eagles always having a ton of injuries? They seem to be the most injured team in the league year after year.
I don't want to get technical and all but let's just say it has to do with a deal with the devil to get that one super bowl win.

(not that I wouldn't take that same deal for the Vikings)
or Kris Lindahl put a hex on them
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Because fuck them that's why.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Wentz! captain kirk needs a perfect world to look competitive just like his coach
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Wentz! captain kirk needs a perfect world to look competitive just like his coach
dRUSH

Post by dRUSH »

Cousins apologists have went from staning cousins to trying to find below average QBs who he is better than.

The correct answer is who cares. You can’t compete with the best teams in the league with these guys.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Kurt.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Watched Philly beat Dallas. Carson is a shell of his former self. He looks like he’s playing scared. Like he doesn’t want to get hurt again.

He’s brutal, compared to where his track was ascending pre-injury.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:34 pm Watched Philly beat Dallas. Carson is a shell of his former self. He looks like he’s playing scared. Like he doesn’t want to get hurt again.

Yep.

Much rather have Kirk.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:43 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:34 pm Watched Philly beat Dallas. Carson is a shell of his former self. He looks like he’s playing scared. Like he doesn’t want to get hurt again.

Yep.

Much rather have Kirk.
Wind back the clock, though, and Wentz looked like a star in the making.

Maybe he gets it back someday? Who knows?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Yep.

Much rather have Kirk.

That was one year. Plus there are rumors his teammates can't stand him.

He's not turning back the clock.

Kirk>>>>>>>Spentz
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

No more retreads! Draft and groom our own guys. If the first doesn’t work draft another in a lower round the next year. Keep taking quarterbacks in nearly every draft until you hit.

We have got to solidify the most important position of the rest won’t matter.

But Fire Rick first for making anyone start a thread like this. How low can we go?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Yep.

Much rather have Kirk.

Yeah. It has been long enough now to evaluate him. There is a fine line between making excuses and just realizing a guy isn’t good enough all around to win it all. Both Kirk and Wentz are not good enough. Different things hold each one back.

It is why quarterbacks are so hard to evaluate. You have to take every angle to get the right fit for what your system requires. Even then you miss on quite a few.

We should just have Zimmer evaluate quarterbacks like he does cornerbacks.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:41 pm No more retreads! Draft and groom our own guys. If the first doesn’t work draft another in a lower round the next year. Keep taking quarterbacks in nearly every draft until you hit.

But Fire Rick first for making anyone start a thread like this. How low can we go?
Not happening this year. Cousins just signed an extension, they won't be in position to get a top QB. Rick and Zim won't be fired. Go draft the best Olineman.

You are a moron with the "Just pick a QB to take one" argument.

You read PFT today? Redskins are desperate to trade your boy Haskins and said not one team is interested :lol:

Imagine if that rotten football team didn't completely waste that good pick.

I have no problem drafting a QB but it has to be the right guy. You don't just waste your top pick on a down year on someone like that.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Bros Before Shiancoes

Post by Bros Before Shiancoes »

cunningham wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Yep.

Much rather have Kirk.

Yeah. It has been long enough now to evaluate him. There is a fine line between making excuses and just realizing a guy isn’t good enough all around to win it all. Both Kirk and Wentz are not good enough. Different things hold each one back.

It is why quarterbacks are so hard to evaluate. You have to take every angle to get the right fit for what your system requires. Even then you miss on quite a few.

Are you insane? We’d have a running back playing QB if Zimmer did the choosing.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:48 pm

I have always wanted Lamar Jackson. My name is Cunningham after my favorite quarterback of all time. I love scramblers. Steve Young, Wilson, Keenum, Favre, and others are/we’re so fun to watch. Smart guys like Favre or Rodgers who can burn you on a penalty.

Basically everything Kirk Cousins is not.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 pm
cunningham wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:41 pm No more retreads! Draft and groom our own guys. If the first doesn’t work draft another in a lower round the next year. Keep taking quarterbacks in nearly every draft until you hit.

Not happening this year. Cousins just signed an extension, they won't be in position to get a top QB. Rick and Zim won't be fired. Go draft the best Olineman.

You read PFT today? Redskins are desperate to trade your boy Haskins and said not one team is interested :lol:

I have no problem drafting a QB but it has to be the right guy. You don't just waste your top pick on a down year on someone like that.
Is Ash one of your bits? Every year I bring up guys we could have taken a shot at at quarterback. Haskins was one name I threw out. Who knows why his fate would have been here. He would have sat on the bench for longer and probably just come in now. A year of Kubiak teaching him might have changed things. Who knows?

Waste a top pick? RS does it all the time. Why not address the most important position?

This team cannot win a Super Bowl without a Super Quarterback. I am so sick of mediocre players at a position that must be elite.

Kirk Cousins is not going to get us to the Super Bowl. Hell, this year he has barely been functional.
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:16 am
Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:48 pm

I have always wanted Lamar Jackson. My name is Cunningham after my favorite quarterback of all time. I love scramblers. Steve Young, Wilson, Keenum, Favre, and others are/we’re so fun to watch. Smart guys like Favre or Rodgers who can burn you on a penalty.

Basically everything Kirk Cousins is not.
Those guys could all throw the ball. That’s not what Zimstone wants. He wants a guy like your hero Teddy because he loved his hand off capability.
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:23 am

Is Ash one of your bits? Every year I bring up guys we could have taken a shot at at quarterback. Haskins was one name I threw out. Who knows why his fate would have been here. He would have sat on the bench for longer and probably just come in now. A year of Kubiak teaching him might have changed things. Who knows?

Waste a top pick? RS does it all the time. Why not address the most important position?

This team cannot win a Super Bowl without a Super Quarterback. I am so sick of mediocre players at a position that must be elite.

Kirk Cousins is not going to get us to the Super Bowl. Hell, this year he has barely been functional.
Name a QB that has developed to the point you would say they were better off with this club vs others. That’s your answer as to how Haskins would have done if things were different.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 am

Name a QB that has developed to the point you would say they were better off with this club vs others. That’s your answer as to how Haskins would have done if things were different.
Culpepper.
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:37 am

Culpepper.
Really? A guy that last played for the Vikings in 2005, and had a record during that span of 38-42? I guess you do like Cousins then. Hey dummy, I mean the current regime.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:31 am

Culpepper.
Really? A guy that last played for the Vikings in 2005, and had a record during that span of 38-42? I guess you do like Cousins then. Hey dummy, I mean the current regime.
Keenum.
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:32 am

Culpepper.
Keenum.
Really? He developed here, where he was better off in his career because of it? Might wanna check the record on that pal.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 am

Keenum.
Really? He developed here, where he was better off in his career because of it? Might wanna check the record on that pal.
He wasn’t that old when he came and he looked good under Shurmur.

I get it though. It is kind of chicken or the egg. We have drafted Teddy and Ponder with the GM in the high rounds and both were not that good.

But. We were getting better. Rick jumped the shark with Bradford and doubled down with Cousins. Had he kept drafting quarterbacks he seemed to be getting better, but once he spent a first rounder on Bradford he has not recovered. He did bring in Keenum, but he also went Cousins to follow.

Kubiak might be overrated at this point. He couldn’t develop Keenum, Cousins looks to be regressing, and his big Super Bow win was maybe more luck than anything. I really liked him, but man does Cousins look bad this year.

Spielman reached for Ponder and reluctantly took Teddy over Johnny Football. Imagine had we went that way.

I had high hopes for Rick, but ever since Bradford I’ve felt he should have been traded. I’d still like to know why Turner left that year.

We can’t develop a quarterback unless we draft one. Haskins is old news. We need our own guy.
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 am

Keenum.

I get it though. It is kind of chicken or the egg. We have drafted Teddy and Ponder with the GM in the high rounds and both were not that good.

But. We were getting better. Rick jumped the shark with Bradford and doubled down with Cousins. Had he kept drafting quarterbacks he seemed to be getting better, but once he spent a first rounder on Bradford he has not recovered. He did bring in Keenum, but he also went Cousins to follow.

Kubiak might be overrated at this point. He couldn’t develop Keenum, Cousins looks to be regressing, and his big Super Bow win was maybe more luck than anything. I really liked him, but man does Cousins look bad this year.

Spielman reached for Ponder and reluctantly took Teddy over Johnny Football. Imagine had we went that way.

I had high hopes for Rick, but ever since Bradford I’ve felt he should have been traded. I’d still like to know why Turner left that year.

We can’t develop a quarterback unless we draft one. Haskins is old news. We need our own guy.
Blah blah words, no one’s reading your manifestos. No, you don’t get the point. I said DEVELOPED. Keenum was good one year. That’s not an example of a QB that was DEVELOPED by this organization. How’s he been since that year? I assume really well since you believe the Vikings developed a great QB.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:30 am

Blah blah words, no one’s reading your manifestos. No, you don’t get the point. I said DEVELOPED. Keenum was good one year. That’s not an example of a QB that was DEVELOPED by this organization. How’s he been since that year? I assume really well since you believe the Vikings developed a great QB.
Blah, blah, blah...

Kubiak tried to develop Keenum in Houston, but failed miserably. He also has failed to do anything with Cousins.

We have not developed a quarterback. What is your point? We also have done a shitty job finding an already developed quarterback.
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:43 am

Blah, blah, blah...

Kubiak tried to develop Keenum in Houston, but failed miserably. He also has failed to do anything with Cousins.

We have not developed a quarterback. What is your point? We also have done a shitty job finding an already developed quarterback.
The point is it doesn’t matter who we have at QB because your game philosophy hero won’t allow any QB to succeed.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:59 am

Blah, blah, blah...

The point is it doesn’t matter who we have at QB because your game philosophy hero won’t allow any QB to succeed.
It is a decent philosophy to prioritize time of possession over the highlight reel deepball. Didn’t you learn anything from 1998? From all those Denny Green offenses?
Bros Before Shiancoes

cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Blah, blah, blah...

It is a decent philosophy to prioritize time of possession over the highlight reel deepball. Didn’t you learn anything from 1998? From all those Denny Green offenses?
What was Denny Green’s record with the Vikings? I’ll hang up and listen.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Bros Before Shiancoes wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:36 pm
cunningham wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:24 pm

What was Denny Green’s record with the Vikings? I’ll hang up and listen.
I think he and Zimstone have won the same amount of playoff games in their times here.