Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Reaction Videos

Music forum.
-Jaymo-

Re: Reaction Videos

Post by -Jaymo- »

laX wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:18 am
-Jaymo- wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:50 am
laX wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:33 am i dont believe any of these reactions are truly the FIRST TIME listening. not a one.

No Life Shaq.

Believe him.

:)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
:lol: that might be the most annoying person on the youtubes.
If by “annoying” you mean The Greatest, then I completely agree!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This one is not about music (although these dudes do react to music videos) look high freaking high these dudes are. :lol: :lol:

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This compilation reacting to Tool - Lateralus is pretty cool. Not only their reactions during the song but how speechless and amazed so many of them were at the end.

cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:01 am This compilation reacting to Tool - Lateralus is pretty cool. Not only their reactions during the song but how speechless and amazed so many of them were at the end.

I really enjoy watching that Charismatic Voice gal, and once in a while Robert Houghton. He's a youth pastor, or something like that, but I like how objective he is to the metal stuff he listens to. Loved his reaction to A Perfect Circle's "Judith."
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

cmd24 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:57 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:01 am This compilation reacting to Tool - Lateralus is pretty cool. Not only their reactions during the song but how speechless and amazed so many of them were at the end.

I really enjoy watching that Charismatic Voice gal, and once in a while Robert Houghton. He's a youth pastor, or something like that, but I like how objective he is to the metal stuff he listens to. Loved his reaction to A Perfect Circle's "Judith."
I like Jamal_aka_Jamel and a few others. The compilation ones are fun because watching singular views are sometimes long.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:56 pm

I like Jamal_aka_Jamel and a few others. The compilation ones are fun because watching singular views are sometimes long.
Same. He's done some good Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, and Primus reaction vids which I appreciate being that many of these Reaction YouTubers simply gravitate to much more popular songs/artists.

No Life Shaq is my go to when I want to get caught up on Eminem songs. Dude does a great job picking up bars.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:56 pm

That's a solid observation that I hadn't considered.

I'm in.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This is a pretty cool one. He gets who has lead vocals wrong a few times, but otherwise his feelings mirror mine in a lot of ways when listening to the album including Maxwell's Silver Hammer. He must have grabbed a version that omitted Her Majesty although not a tragedy.

Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:34 pm This is a pretty cool one. He gets who has lead vocals wrong a few times, but otherwise his feelings mirror mine in a lot of ways when listening to the album including Maxwell's Silver Hammer. He must have grabbed a version that omitted Her Majesty although not a tragedy.

This seems more like someone trying to get more views. How can Abbey Road be one of the last two Beatles albums you haven't really listened to? This guy is a poser.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Nightfly wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:04 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:34 pm This is a pretty cool one. He gets who has lead vocals wrong a few times, but otherwise his feelings mirror mine in a lot of ways when listening to the album including Maxwell's Silver Hammer. He must have grabbed a version that omitted Her Majesty although not a tragedy.

This seems more like someone trying to get more views. How can Abbey Road be one of the last two Beatles albums you haven't really listened to? This guy is a poser.
He probably didn't grow up on the Beatles like a lot of kids of his generation. And Abbey Road was their last recorded album so maybe he started in by checking on suggestions in comments. Like I said a lot the emotions he has during big moments are very similar to mine which is why I think there might be some authenticity behind it. I don't doubt though there might be some embellishment. Still was a fun watch for me.

He just did side 1 of the White Album yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJw1tPFT1E
Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:34 pm
Nightfly wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:04 pm

He probably didn't grow up on the Beatles like a lot of kids of his generation. And Abbey Road was their last recorded album so maybe he started in by checking on suggestions in comments. Like I said a lot the emotions he has during big moments are very similar to mine which is why I think there might be some authenticity behind it. I don't doubt though there might be some embellishment. Still was a fun watch for me.

He just did side 1 of the White Album yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJw1tPFT1E
Hmmm . . . outside of the high-profile tracks (Back In The USSR, Glass Onion, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, etc), I could see a lot of WTF moments for a first-time listener. That was certainly my reaction initially -- Wild Honey Pie, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, and Revolution 9 being among the culprits. But eventually, it became my favorite Beatles album and even (or especially) the goofy tracks grew on me, to the point where I don't consider anything filler.

But that appreciation takes multiple listens. So, not sure if the acquired-taste White Album fits the mold for a reaction video. Though it does start strong -- first three tracks are all rock solid and more instantly digestible than many that follow. So maybe that creates enough momentum to overcome the avant-garde material.

:thinking:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I agree - the White album is not an "intro to the Beatles" album and got better for me with each new listen all the way through.
Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:18 am I agree - the White album is not an "intro to the Beatles" album and got better for me with each new listen all the way through.
And not one to listen to on shuffle. Some tracks are okay as a stand-alone, but really, the sequence does matter -- again though, not something readily apparent the first few times through.

Probably not even appropriate as "intro to the Beatles' post-touring phase." :thinking: :lol: