Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

*** NBA News, The Athletic, ESPN+ Insiders Thread ***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
digitalwolf

Re: *** NBA News, The Athletic, ESPN+ Insiders Thread ***

Post by digitalwolf »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 pm Russell and Culver is an overpay for Harden. They are fucked and have nothing. Harden is awesome but not a winner. He makes too much and never delivers. He's a Knicks or Kings mess going forward.
Come on. I cant stand Harden as much as the next guy but the whole "He's not a winner" is ridiculous when talking about this franchise.

"He's made for the Knicks or Kings" than who is made for this pathetic franchise?

Harden has accomplished more in his career than this whole stinking franchise.

What has Dlo done? What has Kat done? Where has Bricky gotten anyone? What's Culver ever going to do?

Harden has been way more successful than anyone who have ever played here not named KG.

The way some of you talk you wouod think we are the Spurs. This is the most pathetic organization in pro sports.
Hes made for the Knicks or Kings...its who he is. Again, never argued talent...but guy isn't worth the haul to get him. He's come up as empty when it matters as much as anyone we have. On top of that, he's too pricey and his contract is basically a rental. Hard pass despite the talent.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:18 pm
digitalwolf wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 pm Russell and Culver is an overpay for Harden. They are fucked and have nothing. Harden is awesome but not a winner. He makes too much and never delivers. He's a Knicks or Kings mess going forward.
nailed it on the head. harden is built for the knicks or the kings.
How do you figure? He wouldn't consider and neither would they. He's built for a team stuck in the conference semi's or finals that can afford a 2 year chance. Those are the only teams for him. How is that the Kings and Knicks. Or is that some kind of dig on the shit teams and him? Because then where's the Wolves? We are the worst organization in the history of team sports and were MUCH worse than either of those teams last year.

How soon they forget.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Nothing makes me laugh more in the basketball world than Thibs going ape shit lmao!!!
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:44 pm
SHAFA wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:13 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:09 pm
Kemba Walker
Marcus Smart
Jaylen Brown
Jayson Tatum
Andre Drummond
They already have Tristian Thompson. Drummond will go to the Hornets.
what's the package there? the cavs send drummond and delladova to the hornets for terry rozier and cody zeller? i think it works - but who's coming off the bench and being happy about it in cleveland between rozier, garland and sexton?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Drummond is so much like D12....amazing hype coming out, good....then all of the sudden, no wants anything to do with him. D12 obviously had injuries and some other stuff, but two amazing physically dominant bigs being tossed around just because. At least they both got paid when they were hot.
digitalwolf

Post by digitalwolf »

Anyone mention Layden is officially gone? Not sure what he ever did, but he's officially out.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:59 pm Drummond is so much like D12....amazing hype coming out, good....then all of the sudden, no wants anything to do with him. D12 obviously had injuries and some other stuff, but two amazing physically dominant bigs being tossed around just because. At least they both got paid when they were hot.
The game completely changed in their tenures also.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
T_J

Post by T_J »

digitalwolf wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:59 pm Drummond is so much like D12....amazing hype coming out, good....then all of the sudden, no wants anything to do with him. D12 obviously had injuries and some other stuff, but two amazing physically dominant bigs being tossed around just because. At least they both got paid when they were hot.
Dwight was defensive player of the year 3x. I get what you’re saying but these two players aren’t anywhere near the same level.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

T_J wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:47 pm
Dwight was defensive player of the year 3x. I get what you’re saying but these two players aren’t anywhere near the same level.
And carried a team whose second best player was Hedo Turkoglu to the finals.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

T_J wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:47 pm
Yup Dwight is way better than Drummond ever was.

Digital has been horrible on his basketball takes lately.

Last week he said he wanted Anthony Edwards to guard Zion...
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

people forget how good dwight was in his prime.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

lol you guys comparing drummond and dwight?

Drummond everyday today. Dwight everyday 10 years ago. Dwight is a knucklehead with his off court issues but prime Dwight was a beast and unstoppable.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:55 am people forget how good dwight was in his prime.
His five baby momma's don't forget....Lol

Seriously, pretty sure nobody forgot. Only issue I had with him was his stupid slam dunk contest, and that already taken Superman nickname. T-Shirt was over the top, and Shaq noticed.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 am
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:55 am people forget how good dwight was in his prime.
His five baby momma's don't forget....Lol

Seriously, pretty sure nobody forgot. Only issue I had with him was his stupid slam dunk contest, and that already taken Superman nickname. T-Shirt was over the top, and Shaq noticed.
my point is that no one forgets the weirdass behavior. but beyond that, in his prime he was pretty dominant defensively.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

From Zach Lowe today:

Chasing No. 10
Memphis Grizzlies

Orlando Magic

Chicago Bulls

Charlotte Hornets

San Antonio Spurs

Sacramento Kings

Minnesota Timberwolves

• Minnesota is the closest to relegation. I was initially more optimistic. Karl-Anthony Towns is a foundational offensive star -- maybe the most versatile scoring big man ever. I kinda like that the Timberwolves have six deserving perimeter players jostling for time: D'Angelo Russell, Ricky Rubio, Anthony Edwards, Jarrett Culver, Josh Okogie, and Malik Beasley.

Rubio can play with Russell or work as sixth man. I'm not sure why the snark brigade scoffs at Beasley averaging 21 points per game after his trade to Minnesota. Maybe he is a legit starting wing -- at least on offense? Minny can play three of those six at once, or even four -- sliding one to power forward, which is otherwise slated for (gulp) Juan Hernangomez and Jake Layman. (There's a reason Minnesota pursued Aaron Gordon, per league sources.)

But four of those six -- everyone but Russell and Beasley -- have 3-point shooting track records ranging from "below average" to "My eyes! The goggles do nothing!" Minnesota takes the right shots under Ryan Saunders; it just don't make them.

On the other end, opposing offenses will drag the Russell-Towns duo into pick-and-roll hell. Towns should not be this bad on defense. It's time for him to get serious.

If everything goes right -- and some stuff goes wrong for others -- the Wolves could sniff the race for the last play-in spot. It's a long shot.
Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Shooters got paid this year

Bertains 4 year 80

Bogdan 4 years 75

Joe Harris 4 years 75

Kennard 4 years 64

Beasley 4 years 60

Clerks on 4 years 52
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Jonathan Isaac and the Magic have agreed on a 4-year, $80M contract extension.
Injuries limited Isaac to 34 games last season, but he was well on his way to a breakout campaign. He averaged 11.9 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.6 steals, 2.3 blocks and 0.9 triples on 47% from the field. Fantasy managers everywhere are wishing him a speedy recovery from his torn ACL and he will absolutely be high on our drafts boards for 2021-22.
jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan

Post by jodaman01 »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:51 pm Jonathan Isaac and the Magic have agreed on a 4-year, $80M contract extension.
Injuries limited Isaac to 34 games last season, but he was well on his way to a breakout campaign. He averaged 11.9 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.6 steals, 2.3 blocks and 0.9 triples on 47% from the field. Fantasy managers everywhere are wishing him a speedy recovery from his torn ACL and he will absolutely be high on our drafts boards for 2021-22.
Rosas has got to have Gordon in his sights, does he have the ammunition to get him?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

jodaman01 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:18 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:51 pm Jonathan Isaac and the Magic have agreed on a 4-year, $80M contract extension.
Rosas has got to have Gordon in his sights, does he have the ammunition to get him?
The Isaac Injury is really too bad. If he was healthy he'd probably already be on our squad.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Shooters got paid this year

Bertains 4 year 80

Bogdan 4 years 75

Joe Harris 4 years 75

Kennard 4 years 64

Beasley 4 years 60

Clerks on 4 years 52

Kennard is more then just a shooter. He's the most well rounded player of the listed ones. Detroit got fleeced so hard in that trade.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

I'm really hoping someway, somehow, we get Gordon.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

shoteh wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:21 pm I'm really hoping someway, somehow, we get Gordon.
Are you willing to give up Edwards for Gordon? That's what is going to take.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

That would instantly become the worst trade in our history
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Wolves don't have anything anyone wants other than Kat, Dlo or Edwards.

I'm not holding my breath that Edwards pans out but trading the #1 overall pick for Gordon was make me simultaneously throw up and fill my pants with copious amounts of logs.

They blew the chance to get Gordon on draft night.

Edit: Forgot about Beasley. He has some value.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:24 pm The Wolves don't have anything anyone wants other than Kat, Dlo or Edwards.

I'm not holding my breath that Edwards pans out but trading the #1 overall pick for Gordon was make me simultaneously throw up and fill my pants with copious amounts of logs.

They blew the chance to get Gordon on draft night.

Edit: Forgot about Beasley. He has some value.
Beasley and juancho for Aaron Gordon at the deadline

Money actually matches up perfect lol