Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PLAYOFFS THREAD

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
T_J

Re: PLAYOFFS THREAD

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 am
jodaman01 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm man, celtics. look no further than your continued jacking of the three in the fourth. 2 for 15. not going to win too many games doing that.
Got down 6 pts or so with 5 or 6 minutes left to play and instead of just trying to get good shots or go to the hoop they just shot clanging 3 after clanging 3.....Stevens should have called a timeout and made them run some played on offense.

Terrible....The better TEAM won.
and then stevens went small. had grant williams in for a bit at center, which is small - but in the final 4 mins i think he went even smaller - kemba, smart, brown, tatum and hayward. clank clank clank - and i don't think they got one second chance. bam had something like 6 rebounds in the fourth.
It's been Boston's problem for years now. They never have a dynamic big man...someone is going to say Al Horford, but that's not a dynamic big man. Bam destroyed them yesterday and the Celtics counter is this Theis guy, who plays well because they have a good coach, but isn't a difference maker.

They were going to make a play for AD and they'd have won multiple titles, even if they had to trade on of their wing players. But they should have traded one of their 8 wing players for a big man who can command attention.
T_J

Post by T_J »

This Finals has so many story lines, I can't wait. I think it's going to be fucking great.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

T_J wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 am
jodaman01 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:06 am

Got down 6 pts or so with 5 or 6 minutes left to play and instead of just trying to get good shots or go to the hoop they just shot clanging 3 after clanging 3.....Stevens should have called a timeout and made them run some played on offense.

Terrible....The better TEAM won.
and then stevens went small. had grant williams in for a bit at center, which is small - but in the final 4 mins i think he went even smaller - kemba, smart, brown, tatum and hayward. clank clank clank - and i don't think they got one second chance. bam had something like 6 rebounds in the fourth.
It's been Boston's problem for years now. They never have a dynamic big man...someone is going to say Al Horford, but that's not a dynamic big man. Bam destroyed them yesterday and the Celtics counter is this Theis guy, who plays well because they have a good coach, but isn't a difference maker.

They were going to make a play for AD and they'd have won multiple titles, even if they had to trade on of their wing players. But they should have traded one of their 8 wing players for a big man who can command attention.
IMO it honestly would have made more sense if stevens had gone with four shooters and tacko at the end.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
T_J

Post by T_J »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:36 am
T_J wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 am

IMO it honestly would have made more sense if stevens had gone with four shooters and tacko at the end.
Somebody to slow down Bam would have been nice. Or to pass from the center out of the zone offensively.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Mia doing it right. Flying around on D with out of the blue doubles.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

hoo-eee! LA is looking a day late and a dollar short. miami up already by 13 and both herro and robinson haven't even taken a shot yet. let's see if this timeout brings some order to LA's chaos.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 pm hoo-eee! LA is looking a day late and a dollar short. miami up already by 13 and both herro and robinson haven't even taken a shot yet. let's see if this timeout brings some order to LA's chaos.
This series will be just what I said. LA hits 3's decent they win. They don't get forced into 3's they win. Mia doesn't rebound 5 they lose. And if they can't get TO's off crazy D switching and confusion they lose.

Mia needs tp play near perfect. LA just needs to play good while Mia doesn't play perfect. But Mia playing perfect isn't every shot goes in. It's just commitment to 48 minutes of intensity and sticking to the game plan.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

LeBron's got his eyes on the prize. He knows this might be his last best chance. LA wins in 5.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

they are looking into trouble at halftime.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

There you have it. Have to make them shoot 3's. If they make them you lose.

Mia not helping with the sloppy ball handling either.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Heat got no chance when they are putting Jae crowder and iggy to guard AD

It reminds me of when we had Roco at 4 trying to guard big power forwards and everyone except Saunders and Rosas could see it was a major fail.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:05 pm Heat got no chance when they are putting Jae crowder and iggy to guard AD

It reminds me of when we had Roco at 4 trying to guard big power forwards and everyone except Saunders and Rosas could see it was a major fail.
except then he moved to houston and they played him at the 5. i think bob is misunderstood.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:05 pm Heat got no chance when they are putting Jae crowder and iggy to guard AD

Crowder did an excellent job early. Mia was doing everything right and then LA started raining 3's.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I told yall back last summer that it was the Lakers.

Didn't even need to watch. There was no way anyone else was winning it all other than Lakers or Clips.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:48 pm

except then he moved to houston and they played him at the 5. i think bob is misunderstood.
That was a major fail, Rockets for out rebounded by 20+ every game vs the Lakers. That’s why their coach got fired.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:07 pm

Crowder did an excellent job early. Mia was doing everything right and then LA started raining 3's.
He’s just too little. Ad can shoot and not worry about his shot being contested at all.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 pm

He’s just too little. Ad can shoot and not worry about his shot being contested at all.
miami seems doubled up on the bench with two similar bigs as well. meyers leonard and kelly olynyk - two big dudes who would rather toss up threes on the perimeter than body up down low. bam is the only one with size on that team who can play that game. it's like they need another guy like crowder, except 6-10 245 instead of 6-6 235. olynyk did surprisingly have 2 blocks last night - but that was more of a fluke. he's 0.3 on the season.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 pm

It wasn't him though. AD shooting over guys is what you want. Heat shooters were timid. Dragic sucked. Hero and Robinson were turning down shots on contests that were late enough shoot over. Heat went to the bench with a nice lead and they all looked like they lubed up their hands before they came in. D. Jones might have had the worst 3 minute span I've ever seen. Heat didn't end up with a ton of TO's but that big comeback run they had half their TO's plus a bunch of loose balls that were theirs that they just bumbled away. Can not do that during a 3 point hot streak from LA. The entire game was that 26 point swing. And that easily could have been mitigated by just continuing to play the game plan. Everyone on the floor other than Butler and Crowder was bad during that span. And Spoelstra should have come back with starters sooner.

Gonna be interesting to see the adjustments. Do think the Heat just stick to game plan and execute this doesn't happen. But if the Lakers are gonna continue to go big the Heat need to play Nunn, Iggy, Olynyk, more. Dragic, Robinson. and Hill less.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:17 pm I told yall back last summer that it was the Lakers.

Didn't even need to watch. There was no way anyone else was winning it all other than Lakers or Clips.
Wow, you really went out on a limb taking either of the two favorites....
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

T_J wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:23 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:17 pm I told yall back last summer that it was the Lakers.

Wow, you really went out on a limb taking either of the two favorites....
Inside sources told him. The one's inside every TV and radio.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Are we done with Mark Jackaon and Jeff Van Gundy? I feel like they just add so little to the broadcasts now.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Heat too small, Lakers defense too good again. Closer than I thought it be without Dragic and Bam
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

bam again bammed for tomorrow's game - as is goran tragic. sucks to be the heat right now. they did get some good production from olynyk and nunn - i think 37 points between them last game, although a lot of olynyk's were in garbage time. but he can score. they are simply too small and outmanned. and meyers leonard, good god - i didn't know how horrible he was defensively till i saw him flounder about so aimlessly in game 2. it's like he doesn't understand basic D concepts. how is that possible for a pro big of his size? i think they might do better giving udonis 10 mins instead of leonard.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:02 pm bam again bammed for tomorrow's game - as is goran tragic. sucks to be the heat right now. they did get some good production from olynyk and nunn - i think 37 points between them last game, although a lot of olynyk's were in garbage time. but he can score. they are simply too small and outmanned. and meyers leonard, good god - i didn't know how horrible he was defensively till i saw him flounder about so aimlessly in game 2. it's like he doesn't understand basic D concepts. how is that possible for a pro big of his size? i think they might do better giving udonis 10 mins instead of leonard.
When they mentioned Haslem in the broadcast last game I was like lace em up Udonis! When was the last time he saw like any regular play? I feel like he's been on the Heat bench forever now.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:50 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:02 pm bam again bammed for tomorrow's game - as is goran tragic. sucks to be the heat right now. they did get some good production from olynyk and nunn - i think 37 points between them last game, although a lot of olynyk's were in garbage time. but he can score. they are simply too small and outmanned. and meyers leonard, good god - i didn't know how horrible he was defensively till i saw him flounder about so aimlessly in game 2. it's like he doesn't understand basic D concepts. how is that possible for a pro big of his size? i think they might do better giving udonis 10 mins instead of leonard.
When they mentioned Haslem in the broadcast last game I was like lace em up Udonis! When was the last time he saw like any regular play? I feel like he's been on the Heat bench forever now.
maybe he's the inspiration they need - sort of like willis reed hobbling out for the tip off in that knick's finals years ago.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

No way Miami has a chance with injured key players. I give Miami 1 lucky game, if not it might even be a sweep.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

shoteh wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:45 am No way Miami has a chance with injured key players. I give Miami 1 lucky game, if not it might even be a sweep.
It'll probably be a sweep.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Wow, Butler. Good shit.

Get BAM! back, and we got a series.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

that was great. really fun game and glad to see miami get the win. butler simply fantastic. and really impressed with how kelly olynyk has stepped up to the plate in this series with bam out. he gives LA problems with his scoring ability - 41 pts in the last two games, plus some key rebounds tonight. i can maybe see miami going with a big lineup now and again when bam gets back (game 4?) to counter the size of AD and dwight. olynyk has to be confident now with how he's shown up - and that can go a long way. as they say, it ain't over till it's over.