Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

All Things FromSoftware: SoulsBourneCoreRing

Video game themed message board
Moses Scurry

Re: Elden Ring

Post by Moses Scurry »

Was in caelid looking out to the sea last night and i look to the right and see the beast place has a structure down below, figure it's just artwork. Heck, lets look. Nope, it's physical structure. Miyazaki!!!!!!

2004 - A 30-year old Miyazaki leaves his analyst position at Oracle
2004 - Miyazaki joins FromSoftware as a game planner for Armored Core: Last Raven
2004 - Miyazaki works as the main planner for Armored Core 4
Midway in the project, he gets promoted to the game director
2005 - Miyazaki works as the director of Armored Core for Answer
2005 - Demon's Souls development begins under a different director
During the prototyping stage, Miyazaki replaces the existing director
2009 - Demon's Souls is released, the birth of the successful Souls games
2009 - Miyazaki works as the director of Dark Souls
2011 - Dark Souls is released
2012 - Miyazaki works as the director of Bloodborne
2013 - Miyazaki works as the director of Dark Souls III
2014 - Miyazaki becomes FromSoftware president
Last edited by Moses Scurry on Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:12 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:03 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:37 pm

I gave up gitin' gud for the first playthrough.

Dragon Rot Breath, Rivers of Blood katana and Nightmaiden & Swordstress Puppet spirit ash<<<<<<<< Death to all who confront me.

Enjoy Commander Niall once you get to him. :lol:
:lol: I really thought hard about respecing to use that rivers of blood katana.
Shit, you're that far already. :thumbsup:
I'm actually not quite there but want to switch up my build. I have Volcano manor before I jump into the capital. Pure strength build is fun but it's a bit of a one trick pony. Was looking up builds and kinda wanted to do a bleed build and that was the sword everyone was pointing too. Figured I'd switch to it when I got it.

I think I'm going to do a flame build though. Not a pyromancer type but more of a warrior type. (Never tried that in a souls game) Don't even know if it's possible but I need to get past volcano manor before I actually do that.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:30 pm Was in caelid looking out to the sea last night and i look to the right and see the beast place has a structure down below, figure it's just artwork. Heck, lets look. Nope, it's physical structure. Miyazaki!!!!!!
:lol: I actually found that and checked it out already. That's a neat little (bitch of a) platforming spot. I lost about 50K ruins there thinking I was better than I was.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:30 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:12 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:03 pm

:lol: I really thought hard about respecing to use that rivers of blood katana.
Shit, you're that far already. :thumbsup:
I'm actually not quite there but want to switch up my build. I have Volcano manor before I jump into the capital. Pure strength build is fun but it's a bit of a one trick pony. Was looking up builds and kinda wanted to do a bleed build and that was the sword everyone was pointing too. Figured I'd switch to it when I got it.

I think I'm going to do a flame build though. Not a pyromancer type but more of a warrior type. (Never tried that in a souls game) Don't even know if it's possible but I need to get past volcano manor before I actually do that.
I have three weapon types:
Great swords (claymore, flamberge, etc) - use when I want bigger damage on slower bosses that have longer openings.
Dual wield scimitars - when I want to shred through non-boss and boss mobs with physical damage. It comes out so fast and does insane damage just hitting left bumper over and over.
Katana's: Bleed, bleed, bleed. I'm dual wielding the river of blood and Nagakiba at the moment. Fun as hell.

Never do quality enhancement, it's worthless. Keen, bleed, magic, sacred, etc depending on build.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:36 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:30 pm Was in caelid looking out to the sea last night and i look to the right and see the beast place has a structure down below, figure it's just artwork. Heck, lets look. Nope, it's physical structure. Miyazaki!!!!!!
:lol: I actually found that and checked it out already. That's a neat little (bitch of a) platforming spot. I lost about 50K ruins there thinking I was better than I was.
I was screaming I was so pissed, I died 8-9 times on the last drop to the very bottom.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Found the Ringed City DS3 DLC. Ummm, this boss...she's not nice. This is going to take a few hours or days.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Beat the hardest boss in Soulsbourne history, then found a harder one.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

3 bosses left from what I gather. Once you hit the northern regions, it get more linear which is nice.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

And done. Never got gud. Plowed forward with max damage and spirit ashes.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:12 pm And done. Never got gud. Plowed forward with max damage and spirit ashes.
:lol: oh yeah, I'm totally using spirit ashes.

I saw about a month ago that only 1/3 of all players had gotten the Margo, Fell Omen trophy/award. So you're at least in the top 1/3 of all players.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Have 38/42 achievements completed. Missed some weapons and need to complete it 3 more times. I've been farming Runes and just buying everything like 100% of all arrow types, all bolt types, all upgrade stones, etc. I think you lose all shop stuff once you start journey 2 which blows but it's just like DS.

The last boss's weapon you get when you turn in its souls is the best farming thing ever.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:47 pm Have 38/42 achievements completed. Missed some weapons and need to complete it 3 more times. I've been farming Runes and just buying everything like 100% of all arrow types, all bolt types, all upgrade stones, etc. I think you lose all shop stuff once you start journey 2 which blows but it's just like DS.

The last boss's weapon you get when you turn in its souls is the best farming thing ever.
Nice. Getting close so I've got my Rivers of Blood and Lusat's Glintstone Staff maxxed out.
Trying to think of another style I can choose too.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:47 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:47 pm Have 38/42 achievements completed. Missed some weapons and need to complete it 3 more times. I've been farming Runes and just buying everything like 100% of all arrow types, all bolt types, all upgrade stones, etc. I think you lose all shop stuff once you start journey 2 which blows but it's just like DS.

Nice. Getting close so I've got my Rivers of Blood and Lusat's Glintstone Staff maxxed out.
dual wield a heavy beast clever is fun, or dual wield katanas, or dual wield the super short katana in the left hand and put parry on it.

I'm a dex/arcane/faith build at this point. dragon communion seal in left hand for black fire balls, the biting flies spell and some faith buffs. Then great sword in right hand. Then when I want to kick ass dual wield grossmessers with bleed and finally bow in last left hand slot.

basically:
RH: Greatsword/Grossmesser
LH: Seal/Grossmesser/bow
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:28 pm
salamander wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:47 pm

dual wield a heavy beast clever is fun, or dual wield katanas, or dual wield the super short katana in the left hand and put parry on it.

I'm a dex/arcane/faith build at this point. dragon communion seal in left hand for black fire balls, the biting flies spell and some faith buffs. Then great sword in right hand. Then when I want to kick ass dual wield grossmessers with bleed and finally bow in last left hand slot.

basically:
RH: Greatsword/Grossmesser
LH: Seal/Grossmesser/bow
The 2nd half of my run was a faith build. It was fun.

Just beat it tonight and power ran through the first two major bosses so I could switch to the blood build. Took me like and hour which was really surprising.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

It's like Sekiro, after that first play-through you can get through the first couple bosses in like an hour.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:48 am It's like Sekiro, after that first play-through you can get through the first couple bosses in like an hour.
It reminds me of megaman like that a bit too. Takes months to beat but once you get good at a megaman game you can fly through it in like 3 hours.
salamander

Post by salamander »

God fuckin dammit. I literally just lost 3.9 million Runes.

Was trying to get through the entire 2nd game without losing my Runes. Malekath got me. Just bum rushed the shit out of me right away. Wasn't expecting it.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

All achievements almost complete. Just need to do one more playthrough and do the standard Elden Lord ending. Knocked out Stars and Frenzy first.

So basically this whole story ended up being a family conflict like game of thrones.

salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:36 am All achievements almost complete. Just need to do one more playthrough and do the standard Elden Lord ending. Knocked out Stars and Frenzy first.

So basically this whole story ended up being a family conflict like game of thrones.

I knew a lot of that but didn't know that Malekath was at the top of the family tree. How did I miss that?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:53 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:36 am All achievements almost complete. Just need to do one more playthrough and do the standard Elden Lord ending. Knocked out Stars and Frenzy first.

I knew a lot of that but didn't know that Malekath was at the top of the family tree. How did I miss that?
I don't think he is, I think that's just a..."We have no clue where this guy came from". He is the coolest dude in the game.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 pm
salamander wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:53 pm

I don't think he is, I think that's just a..."We have no clue where this guy came from". He is the coolest dude in the game.
:lol: Ahhh, gotcha. He is absolutely a badass.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Got my platinum. Went with sorceries and the moonveil katana for NG+2. I like the sword art but other than that was not very impressed with the moonveil.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Platinumed last night, really struggled with Radagon/Elden beast on the third go around. I get too impatient chasing that big asshole around the second phase.

Probably nearly impossible considering development but I wish there were some world changes based on your previous games ending.

Dual Scavengers swords with Occult affinity and the blood and chain-hit tailiman's is OP as hell. Black Knife Tiche is my hommie.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:26 pm Platinumed last night, really struggled with Radagon/Elden beast on the third go around. I get too impatient chasing that big asshole around the second phase.

Probably nearly impossible considering development but I wish there were some world changes based on your previous games ending.

Dual Scavengers swords with Occult affinity and the blood and chain-hit tailiman's is OP as hell. Black Knife Tiche is my hommie.
Black nice tiche is the best.

Yeah, I struggled on the elden beast my 3rd go too. Weird.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Possible Q3 DLC and other Bandi Namco and From games. Could be a fake leak.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:14 pm Possible Q3 DLC and other Bandi Namco and From games. Could be a fake leak.

I believe this is a fake. They just started planning on Armored Core not long ago. There's no way that's even close to complete. 3 DragonBall games as well. I don't know how you follow up Fighterz which seemed to do really well but like what else do you do there?

The Tekken teaser just dropped at Evo too but had showed nothing. So I think that is further off then next year.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Miyazaki did say they had 3.5 games in progress since 2018, once DS3 was completed.

Déraciné, that's the .5 game
Sekiro
Elden Ring
??????

As far as Armored Core, he said in 2016 “We are making a new Armored Core. We are still in the early stages of development.”

:thinking:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:34 pm Miyazaki did say they had 3.5 games in progress since 2018, once DS3 was completed.

Déraciné, that's the .5 game
Sekiro
Elden Ring
??????

As far as Armored Core, he said in 2016 “We are making a new Armored Core. We are still in the early stages of development.”

:thinking:
If this turns out to be real, I just want to say Barbarians of the Badlands is among the worst titles for a DLC ever. It's so bad, it's almost an amazing name. I still haven't gotten around to Elden Ring, but soon!

Moses, you owe it to yourself to get neck deep in this weird ass mech game they're coming out with. It'll probably be wayyyyyy less janky and sluggish then I remember the PS1 games being. I bet it'll actually play pretty well.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I will play it, From has my undying loyalty at this point.

YBBR, do you play console or PC? Just wondering in case there is multi player. :mrgreen:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am I will play it, From has my undying loyalty at this point.

YBBR, do you play console or PC? Just wondering in case there is multi player. :mrgreen:
FromSoftware has usurped Naughty Dog for me at this point.

It seems like Naughty Dog doesn't even make games anymore. Just remasters of their old games.