Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

All Things FromSoftware: SoulsBourneCoreRing

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: All Things FromSoftware: SoulsBourneCoreRing

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:30 pm Not sure I'm gonna git gud. This camera control is a bitch.
At least someone is giving it a go! It's got an 86 on metacritic, so very well received. Tons of games coming out this year. I might play this in a bit. I want to see Starfield and what they do in there first.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Post by salamander »

HOLY SHIT. Lies of P us amazing. Neowiz obviously are huge fans of Bloodborne too. You can't see a little Sekiro in there too.

Absolutely a banger of a game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:17 pm HOLY SHIT. Lies of P us amazing. Neowiz obviously are huge fans of Bloodborne too. You can't see a little Sekiro in there too.

Absolutely a banger of a game.
I played a little bit of this on gamepass. I thought it was cool, but it didn't really hook me. Maybe I'll go back after I get through Baldur's Gate 3. Some people really jived with it. I'm not a huge fan of the Bloodborne aesthetic. Sort of that post-Victorian, Gothic/Lovecraft era. They pretty much copied pasted that look onto Lies of P. They also added Timothee Chalamet to it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Shadows of the Erdtree expansion seems to be coming out in February 2024. I'm not sure if this is confirmed, but rumors are it's From's biggest DLC yet and is about the size of the entire game of Bloodborne, as far as content goes. So pretty damn beefy for a DLC. And rumors again they may have another one planned for 2025 for Elden Ring.

From Software is big enough where they are clearly a multiple game studio now. The Armored Core 6 team was completely separate than the Miyazaki led team that worked on Elden Ring. So the Miyazaki team is probably about a year to a year and a half on a new project. The other big team still supporting Armored Core 6, maybe lining stuff up for their next thing, a smaller team working on Elden Ring DLC, maybe a couple more smaller teams inside there doing various smaller scale projects.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:47 pm Shadows of the Erdtree expansion seems to be coming out in February 2024. I'm not sure if this is confirmed, but rumors are it's From's biggest DLC yet and is about the size of the entire game of Bloodborne, as far as content goes. So pretty damn beefy for a DLC. And rumors again they may have another one planned for 2025 for Elden Ring.

From Software is big enough where they are clearly a multiple game studio now. The Armored Core 6 team was completely separate than the Miyazaki led team that worked on Elden Ring. So the Miyazaki team is probably about a year to a year and a half on a new project. The other big team still supporting Armored Core 6, maybe lining stuff up for their next thing, a smaller team working on Elden Ring DLC, maybe a couple more smaller teams inside there doing various smaller scale projects.
So my nearly 60 year old BIL bought Elden Ring and is on his 4th play through. He called, me, "Have you played this?" Come on man, of course.

Anywho, I fired it up again after not playing for about a year. I think I'm having more fun this time. No hurry to finish, just wondering around taking it all in.

Playing a faith build, kind of weak but challenging.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:02 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:47 pm Shadows of the Erdtree expansion seems to be coming out in February 2024. I'm not sure if this is confirmed, but rumors are it's From's biggest DLC yet and is about the size of the entire game of Bloodborne, as far as content goes. So pretty damn beefy for a DLC. And rumors again they may have another one planned for 2025 for Elden Ring.

So my nearly 60 year old BIL bought Elden Ring and is on his 4th play through. He called, me, "Have you played this?" Come on man, of course.

Anywho, I fired it up again after not playing for about a year. I think I'm having more fun this time. No hurry to finish, just wondering around taking it all in.

I couldn't beat that game. I'm thinking I might try again from the beginning being that I don't have a winter game picked out this year.

I find coupling Elden Ring during the Timberwolves season is kinda unhealthy though. They both tend to saturate me with frustration and anxiety.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:57 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:02 pm

I couldn't beat that game. I'm thinking I might try again from the beginning being that I don't have a winter game picked out this year.

I find coupling Elden Ring during the Timberwolves season is kinda unhealthy though. They both tend to saturate me with frustration and anxiety.
If you want easy mode: Dual wield curved swords with an innate bleed, then add an additonal bleed ash of war, make it occult, pump up your arcane. Then wear the black feathers top thing, the jumping attack talisman and some other bleed or damage increasing talismans. Then just dual wield, jump, left bumper, it's 4 shots at one time. You'll bleed everything to death. You can also add a frost to these types of swords so you get bleed and frost.

You can only get one of these each play through, but it's probably the best bleed curved sword. https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/s ... rved+sword

Note: They may have patched some things since I played so can't say 100% for sure it all still applies. The beauty of bleed is I think it takes a percentage of enemies health when the bleed goes off, not a set amount of health. so 10000000000 health, or 100 health, it will proc a % which is nice.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Hemorrhage
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

For those that played Sekiro, look at the trailer at 1:55. Monk Prayer Strikes!!!!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree DLC Takes Us To A Shadowland This June 21
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... r-BB1iEK5E

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
they were talking about Miquella!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:11 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am Elden Ring: Shadow Of The Erdtree DLC Takes Us To A Shadowland This June 21
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... r-BB1iEK5E

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
they were talking about Miquella!
My brother will keep his promise. He possesses the wisdom, the allure, of a god - he is the most fearsome Empyrean of all." - Malenia