Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

All Things FromSoftware: SoulsBourneCoreRing

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: Elden Ring

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am I will play it, From has my undying loyalty at this point.

YBBR, do you play console or PC? Just wondering in case there is multi player. :mrgreen:
:lol: You can't make me play this weird mech game!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:52 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:21 am I will play it, From has my undying loyalty at this point.

YBBR, do you play console or PC? Just wondering in case there is multi player. :mrgreen:
:lol: You can't make me play this weird mech game!
I'm gonna try!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Armored Core has some really cool Mech Building stuff back in the day (if that's the one I'm thinking about). I really had fun with that part.

I don't remember the gameplay being really awesome or anything, but building your Mech I definitely liked.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I am playing the Elden Ring.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:17 pm I am playing the Elden Ring.
Let us know how it goes. Don't cheat and lookup stuff. ;)
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:19 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:17 pm I am playing the Elden Ring.
Let us know how it goes. Don't cheat and lookup stuff. ;)
I rolled samurai as my starting class. I looked up for a few stats to prioritize and using the unsheathe skill now while two handing my uchigatana. I was one handing it for a good long while! It seems pretty strong because it does a good amount of damage and can sort of act as an interrupt to a lot of enemies. So I'm rolling around like a buffoon sticking my katana into fools. I beat uh, the Lion headed beast in the castle on the island. He dropped a pretty rad looking motherbeast of a sword. That thing seems like it's really good if you spec in that direction, but I'm wandering around looking at weird crap.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Katana's are great. Dual curved swords are great too.

That's kind what i did, I ditched the main story line and went rouge for the first 10-20 hours, just wondering around.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:19 am Katana's are great. Dual curved swords are great too.

That's kind what i did, I ditched the main story line and went rouge for the first 10-20 hours, just wondering around.
I took your advice and did that same thing. Then my brother was over and he started doing shit, and got me maps and stuff and it kinda ruined the innocence of it.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:06 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:19 am Katana's are great. Dual curved swords are great too.

I took your advice and did that same thing. Then my brother was over and he started doing shit, and got me maps and stuff and it kinda ruined the innocence of it.
I hope you beat his ass. :punch:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The coolest thing I have seen so far was the wandering mausoleum. I thought that thing was pretty rad.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Godrick was weak! His design is awesome though.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

General Rodahn...vanquished.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I got the moonveil and am wielding that thing. The weapon art on that is pretty rad So I respecd into an intellect build samurai and it's pretty fun. Better than using a bow for sure. My staff and spells for longer ranges.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

So I'm still looking for the other part of the medallion to operate the lift and I bet it's in this other part of Caelid I haven't really explored yet. At least I hope it is, So that's what I've been doing in the ol' Elden Ring.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Somewhere in East caelid if I recall.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The other lift medallion is in the Fort behind the really big dragon that can't stand.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

The hardest enemy in the game is that stupid cat statue in the Mountaintop of Giants dungeon. Spams butt slams.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:27 am The hardest enemy in the game is that stupid cat statue in the Mountaintop of Giants dungeon. Spams butt slams.
I hate those cat statues. They suck. I finally got good at the normal ones and then they start blasting you with ice.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:41 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:27 am The hardest enemy in the game is that stupid cat statue in the Mountaintop of Giants dungeon. Spams butt slams.
I hate those cat statues. They suck. I finally got good at the normal ones and then they start blasting you with ice.
:lol:

salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:07 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:41 pm
:lol:

:lol: :lol: OH my lord. This fucking game sometimes.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm in the tundra lands! Where it's cold! The Royal city was a cool area.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Also why is the beast cleric fucking mad at me!? He keeps trying to kill me. I thought we were cool!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:15 pm Also why is the beast cleric fucking mad at me!? He keeps trying to kill me. I thought we were cool!
He'll chill if you show him who's boss.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:14 pm I'm in the tundra lands! Where it's cold! The Royal city was a cool area.
Did you explorer the depths of the royal city?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:30 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:14 pm I'm in the tundra lands! Where it's cold! The Royal city was a cool area.
Did you explorer the depths of the royal city?
No. Some dude just gave me the key though and was like go find me in a cell and basically I'll fuck you up. I've been doing most of anything I come across. So I'll probably head down there.

This Erdtree business may not be on the up and up. There's a lot of signs pointing to bad juju with the tree and all the demigods.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I hated the Royal city at first. It's one of my favorite areas now.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Funny, 100% platinumed the game and just stumbled upon a little spot I never went to, missed a dragonkin soldier in sofia river.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:30 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:15 pm Also why is the beast cleric fucking mad at me!? He keeps trying to kill me. I thought we were cool!
He'll chill if you show him who's boss.
I went down there and did that whole area. That place was kind of a fucker. Mohg, was tough because of his resistance to bleed and I switched to the Rivers of Blood katana so my skill was completely useless against him. Took him down though.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I did Ranni's whole thing and got the Dark Moon Greatsword and hear that thing was now one of the best weapons in the game. So I respec and go with that in which I assume is sort of the final stretch here.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

The single strongest weapon IMO is the scavangers curved sword. Can only get one per playthrough but put an occult on it with it's built in bleed, absolute domination.