Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Assasins Creed Valhalla - Official Trailer

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Assasins Creed Valhalla - Official Trailer

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am I finally found that asshole. After a couple of days he finally returned to his original location. Still no quest marker or anything, didn't even show up with Odin's sight. He was just standing in the same place and I went to kill him and it let me tie him up. I didn't even realize it was the same dude until the tie up part. Weird.

I'm finally further than I was previously, with the exception of going back to Norway to finish that stuff off.

The zealots are a-holes. Also, I found this possessed place where I had to fight a demon. That thing is level 340 and kicked the shit out of me.
Ahh, the demon fight is part of a 3 part armor quest i believe. Did they drop am armor piece? Gotta find the two others.

I'm currently in Essex doing some weird quest for the king and queen that I was super blitzed out of mind when I got so I dont really rememberthe story lol. A certain someone just lost a certain something.

I'm also trying to sneak into high level areas to steal tungsten ingots.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:14 am
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am I finally found that asshole. After a couple of days he finally returned to his original location. Still no quest marker or anything, didn't even show up with Odin's sight. He was just standing in the same place and I went to kill him and it let me tie him up. I didn't even realize it was the same dude until the tie up part. Weird.

I'm finally further than I was previously, with the exception of going back to Norway to finish that stuff off.

The zealots are a-holes. Also, I found this possessed place where I had to fight a demon. That thing is level 340 and kicked the shit out of me.
Ahh, the demon fight is part of a 3 part armor quest i believe. Did they drop am armor piece? Gotta find the two others.

I'm currently in Essex doing some weird quest for the king and queen that I was super blitzed out of mind when I got so I dont really rememberthe story lol. A certain someone just lost a certain something.

I'm also trying to sneak into high level areas to steal tungsten ingots.
I'm not sure on the armor part. I don't have any chance at beating that thing for a while.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

So I'm about 55 hours in, about level 175-180 I think. Currently in Essex having completed about 7-8 regions.. and I really have this itch to restart.

Mainly because I don't like that I bought a bunch of the DLC store crap, and I didn't really understand the currency system when it comes to ingots. So I've got a ton of carbon from buying them at shops that I can't use and my inventory is full of armor and weapons I don't use or want. I wish they just even had a chest feature you could hide them in.

I've always been the AC player who liked to 100% a region or close to it before moving on. I was in such a hurry to get out of Norway I basically just said fuck that. IDK. Considering how much I spent on Helix credits, restarting now will make it just that much more of a waste than it already was.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Re: Sigurd
Spoiler:
I really hope I get to kill that fucker at the end. What a doucher.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:33 pm So I'm about 55 hours in, about level 175-180 I think. Currently in Essex having completed about 7-8 regions.. and I really have this itch to restart.

Mainly because I don't like that I bought a bunch of the DLC store crap, and I didn't really understand the currency system when it comes to ingots. So I've got a ton of carbon from buying them at shops that I can't use and my inventory is full of armor and weapons I don't use or want. I wish they just even had a chest feature you could hide them in.

I've always been the AC player who liked to 100% a region or close to it before moving on. I was in such a hurry to get out of Norway I basically just said fuck that. IDK. Considering how much I spent on Helix credits, restarting now will make it just that much more of a waste than it already was.
I had to start over and hated having to do so. I've no intention of doing it again. Just too much to go over. No thanks.

I haven't really found any need for silver in this game yet, other than loading up on leather and iron. Maybe I'm missing something?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:43 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:33 pm So I'm about 55 hours in, about level 175-180 I think. Currently in Essex having completed about 7-8 regions.. and I really have this itch to restart.

I had to start over and hated having to do so. I've no intention of doing it again. Just too much to go over. No thanks.

I haven't really found any need for silver in this game yet, other than loading up on leather and iron. Maybe I'm missing something?
I didn't play last night hoping that the desire to restart would pass. I think it has.

I spent real money on helix credits, to then buy silver from the ubisoft store, to then be able to buy ingots from traders early on. I also spent those credits on ubisoft store armor, weapons, companion animals and ship/settlement cosmetics, none of which I actually use. All of it a waste.

Now i've got a ton of carbon ingots that I have no use for, because I keep finding them all over the map and once you get to higher levels any weapons/armor you find is already upgraded, so the carbon ingots are literally useless. It was my fault for spending real money, way more than I should have. So I already basically wasted that money buying ingots I didn't need. And restarting would basically be a double waste as I'd be starting over totally. I doubt if I restart I get the silver and crafting material packs populated in my new save.

So I'm a little pissed at myself.. but my OCD is also bugging me as the game UI is pretty cluttered when it comes to item sorting and useless commodities once you hit certain levels. I'm sure they'll patch certain things like Odyssey did down the road. But my one real gripe of this game would be that they took features from Odyssey out that were basically quality of life improvements, only to probably have to add them back in a few months after launch.

Long story short, between my OCD and fucking micro transactions that I should have known better, it's got me wanting a fresh start. But then I look at the fact I've played 55 hours and I can't see doing that all again. Cyberpunk will be out in a week or two and I'll not touch this game for another month or two.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Also FWIW, I'm listening now to the Anglo Saxon England podcast by David Crowther.

Two thumbs up!

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It's really bullshit when you go to fight a zealot and they have a never ending supply of elite level soldiers to help them. Even more fine, fight one that where there a bunch of boars or wolves and of course the animals don't attack anything but us. Fuck that.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Finally got all my Raven and Brigandine gear gold. Also Varim's axe. Only other weapon I really use is the hammer. Two daggers was fun but not enough.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:49 am
Mandatory wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:34 pm Finally got all my Raven and Brigandine gear gold. Also Varim's axe. Only other weapon I really use is the hammer. Two daggers was fun but not enough.
How in the hell do you find the time to play all these games, post more than anyone else, AND presumably go to work?

Are you on the meth, Mandy?
:lol:

Truth be told..I buy a game, play it for a week, then another game comes out and I never go back to the old one lol.

I haven't played Watch Dogs Legion since this came out. The only games I sink a ton of time into are Fallout/GTA/AC etc. Without kids I can come home from work and play 2-3 hours a night.

I think I'm already at like 57 hours played. My real problem is a buy games on release day for full price then I rarely finish a game. I'm concerned when Cyberpunk comes out in a week same thing is going to happen all over.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I read an article this morning speculating on the next AC game. One of the ideas was the American West. The age of Cowboys & Indians. That could be quite intriguing. I love the old West.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:12 pm
Mandatory wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:04 am
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:49 am

How in the hell do you find the time to play all these games, post more than anyone else, AND presumably go to work?

Are you on the meth, Mandy?
:lol:

Truth be told..I buy a game, play it for a week, then another game comes out and I never go back to the old one lol.

I haven't played Watch Dogs Legion since this came out. The only games I sink a ton of time into are Fallout/GTA/AC etc. Without kids I can come home from work and play 2-3 hours a night.

I think I'm already at like 57 hours played. My real problem is a buy games on release day for full price then I rarely finish a game. I'm concerned when Cyberpunk comes out in a week same thing is going to happen all over.
I'm picked up like 6 games in the past month. 4 on black friday and 2 on clearance for a few bucks each at walmart just for the hell of it. I've played one of them so far. Cyberpunk comes out and it's on my off week. Pretty sure I won't even play 3 of the 6 games I just bought. It seems like I do the same damn thing every year...

I'm not even sure why I went balls out again this year with games. I have even really been playing that much. I thought I might get back into it now that it looks like I'm done trying to burn down my life with Earl, but I've just been into my other hobbies more. Playing in the band I started, building guitars, working on my Jeep... I honestly just get bored if I sit and play for more than an hour or so... It feels like one waisting my time... It honestly sucks! Video games would be one of the best things I could occupy my time with when I'm on call and it's slow at like 2am.
PS store had a sale a few months back.

I bought Spiderman, Outerworld, God of War, The Crew and another 2 or 3 I forgot about.

Haven't touched a single one. At least I didn't pay full price like usual...

:beer:

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The order of the ancients is so weird. The version in Odyssey, every fight was a tough fight. In Valhalla, the Zealots are tough, a couple of the higher levels are, but most are simple one hit kills.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm kind of banging through this in prep for Cyberpunk. I have all of the order done with the exception of The Father and a few zealots. I'm not really caring about clearing areas. Just trying to finish off the zealots and the territories for alliances. The Father still hasn't been revealed, even with finishing off the tree.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I hit the first part of the endgame last night, should have it done by Cyberpunk time. I'm not going to go for 100%.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:01 pm I hit the first part of the endgame last night, should have it done by Cyberpunk time. I'm not going to go for 100%.
I'm screwed. I didn't restart, but only just rescued Sigurd and hit the York storyline. Its my understanding I'm maybe half done. Not finishing before Thursday.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:21 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:01 pm I hit the first part of the endgame last night, should have it done by Cyberpunk time. I'm not going to go for 100%.
I'm screwed. I didn't restart, but only just rescued Sigurd and hit the York storyline. Its my understanding I'm maybe half done. Not finishing before Thursday.
Yeah, you've got a ways to go. Even if you just busted straight forward with the story.

Other than finishing, all I have left is one legendary animal and one zealot plus the father, leader dude of the bad guys.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I don't have any quests to do. I'm not done, but there are no quests. WTF?

This whole time I thought I had so many supplies that I'd never need. Turns out I'm 1200 short of finishing my town. Ugh.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Only one legendary animal left, then I'm done with this game. The damn Steinnbjorn. A level 400 ice/rock bear.
Let's get Tropical