NBA coming back?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
User avatar
Hoop Dreams
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by Hoop Dreams » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 am

There are real games tonight! :clap: :naners:


User avatar
Seenin
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by Seenin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:00 pm

As much as i want to watch basketball they should have just scrapped the season and put a asterix in the record books. Does winning a chip this season have the same luster as any other year? Prolly not.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by jodaman01 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Seenin wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:00 pm
As much as i want to watch basketball they should have just scrapped the season and put a asterix in the record books. Does winning a chip this season have the same luster as any other year? Prolly not.
I saw Adam Silver on a news program say that the winning Team of this Bubble Ball should be given “extra” credit because this has been so difficult with the delay. I can buy some of that, but finishing up with games that look like glorified pick-up games in empty buildings just doesn’t cut it, even though a lot of the season had already completed under normal circumstances.

Sorry, it’s an asterisk champion this year for me.

Also, on a side note - this baseball season is a complete and utter farce. It will be criminal if they call it a World Series.

GO WOLVES!! :thumbsup:

User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 7586
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by LordNu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:55 pm

I actually really like the set up (court). Looks very appealing on television.

User avatar
LordNu
Posts: 7586
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by LordNu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 pm

Watching Clippers Lakers atm, I really REALLY want to be watching the Wolves. Fucking Rona.

User avatar
Seenin
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by Seenin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:42 pm

LordNu wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:55 pm
I actually really like the set up (court). Looks very appealing on television.
The way they are using Microsoft Teams to put fans in the stands is cool.
Steam:Seenin
Xbox:Seenin
Discord:SirFucksworth

User avatar
YBBR
Posts: 16612
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by YBBR » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Just tuned in to see what they are up to in the bubble.

User avatar
ItsGameOvrMan
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:24 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by ItsGameOvrMan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Glad games are on. Wish the Wolves were playing instead.

User avatar
Bob Wiley
Posts: 6977
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by Bob Wiley » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:12 am

It turned out better than I expected.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 10296
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by bubu dubu. » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:41 pm

These games have been so good. Cut out the absolute worst teams, bring back the competitive ones, add in that all these players are incredibly amped to play, and the games have been awesome.

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 10296
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by bubu dubu. » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:56 pm

Covington is a monster.

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 10296
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by bubu dubu. » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:05 pm

THey stopped the crowd track in OT on ESPN. Much more intriguing hearing the chat on the court.

SHAFA
Posts: 4617
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by SHAFA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 am

bubu dubu. wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:56 pm
Covington is a monster.
I wish that dude was still here.

jodaman01
#1 Tom Thibodeau Fan
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:06 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by jodaman01 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:42 pm

SHAFA wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:34 am
bubu dubu. wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:56 pm
Covington is a monster.
I wish that dude was still here.
The way he was used here last season, I don’t. He was a terrible fit in the Wolves system and it’s roster at that time. He was wasted here and he was miserable.

thinktank
Posts: 12389
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by thinktank » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm

A lot of folks eating crow about Kuzma.

Not saying he’s better than Beas and 15, but damn, his shooting is absolutely nutty right now.
The 500 counties that Biden won generated 70% of the US GDP in 2018. The 2,500 that went for Trump generated 30%. This means the average Democratic county is 10x more productive than the average Republican county.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 27933
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by RubeTube » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 pm

thinktank wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm
A lot of folks eating crow about Kuzma.

Not saying he’s better than Beas and 15, but damn, his shooting is absolutely nutty right now.
I'm not getting this.

When did this discussion happen?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

RIP George Floyd

thinktank
Posts: 12389
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by thinktank » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 pm
thinktank wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm
A lot of folks eating crow about Kuzma.

Not saying he’s better than Beas and 15, but damn, his shooting is absolutely nutty right now.
I'm not getting this.

When did this discussion happen?
Cmon, man. :beer: When we were trying to trade Cov.
The 500 counties that Biden won generated 70% of the US GDP in 2018. The 2,500 that went for Trump generated 30%. This means the average Democratic county is 10x more productive than the average Republican county.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 27933
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by RubeTube » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 pm

thinktank wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 pm
thinktank wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm
A lot of folks eating crow about Kuzma.

Not saying he’s better than Beas and 15, but damn, his shooting is absolutely nutty right now.
I'm not getting this.

When did this discussion happen?
Cmon, man. :beer: When we were trying to trade Cov.
I never heard that rumor. I would have preferred Kuzma over Beasley and i really like Beas.

I don't believe forna second the Lakers would do that trade though and i don't believe Rosas wouldn't have taken it if it were available.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

RIP George Floyd

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 10296
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by bubu dubu. » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 pm
thinktank wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 pm


I'm not getting this.

When did this discussion happen?
Cmon, man. :beer: When we were trying to trade Cov.
I never heard that rumor. I would have preferred Kuzma over Beasley and i really like Beas.

I don't believe forna second the Lakers would do that trade though and i don't believe Rosas wouldn't have taken it if it were available.
Also never really heard Kuzma come up. I love that kids game. Very vocal guy too, which I like...I'll take Beasley though in hindsight, after seeing what he could do in this offense.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 27933
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by RubeTube » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:39 am

bubu dubu. wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 pm
thinktank wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm


Cmon, man. :beer: When we were trying to trade Cov.
I never heard that rumor. I would have preferred Kuzma over Beasley and i really like Beas.

I don't believe forna second the Lakers would do that trade though and i don't believe Rosas wouldn't have taken it if it were available.
Also never really heard Kuzma come up. I love that kids game. Very vocal guy too, which I like...I'll take Beasley though in hindsight, after seeing what he could do in this offense.
Probably something StinkTank came up with :shrug:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

RIP George Floyd

thinktank
Posts: 12389
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by thinktank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:04 am

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:39 am
bubu dubu. wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:25 pm


I never heard that rumor. I would have preferred Kuzma over Beasley and i really like Beas.

I don't believe forna second the Lakers would do that trade though and i don't believe Rosas wouldn't have taken it if it were available.
Also never really heard Kuzma come up. I love that kids game. Very vocal guy too, which I like...I'll take Beasley though in hindsight, after seeing what he could do in this offense.
Probably something StinkTank came up with :shrug:
You’re such a dipshit. Get a memory.

search.php?keywords=Kuzma+Covington&fid%5B0%5D=8
The 500 counties that Biden won generated 70% of the US GDP in 2018. The 2,500 that went for Trump generated 30%. This means the average Democratic county is 10x more productive than the average Republican county.

User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 8125
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by somuchyummy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:35 am

i wouldn't get too revved up over two games where he scored 16 ppg on good shooting. he's up and down with lots of holes in his game. he had two games in a row this season back in january where he scored 62 points on 24 of 46 from the field - then he'll disappear for awhile with some stinkers. there's a reason why he went 125th in the froobdraft.
2020 Froobchat NBA Draft - Los Angeles Clippers

PG - Kyle Lowry / Terry Rozier
SG - Khris Middleton / Shake Milton
SF - Jayson Tatum / Lonnie Walker IV
PF - Christian Wood / Larry Nance Jr.
C - Jusuf Nurkic / Robert Williams III

thinktank
Posts: 12389
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by thinktank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Jonathan Isaac just got carted off in a wheelchair.

:cry:
The 500 counties that Biden won generated 70% of the US GDP in 2018. The 2,500 that went for Trump generated 30%. This means the average Democratic county is 10x more productive than the average Republican county.

thinktank
Posts: 12389
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by thinktank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:51 pm

Rockets w/ Clint > Without
The 500 counties that Biden won generated 70% of the US GDP in 2018. The 2,500 that went for Trump generated 30%. This means the average Democratic county is 10x more productive than the average Republican county.

User avatar
Dan33185
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:24 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by Dan33185 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm

thinktank wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:14 pm
Jonathan Isaac just got carted off in a wheelchair.

:cry:
Cue all the people claiming "karma" :roll:

User avatar
j2j
Posts: 22254
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by j2j » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 pm

Middleton is so good.
The pRosas™ broke.

***Official 2020 Froob Brackets Participant***

thinktank
Posts: 12389
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by thinktank » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:37 pm

j2j wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 pm
Middleton is so good.
He reminds me of Adrian Dantley.
The 500 counties that Biden won generated 70% of the US GDP in 2018. The 2,500 that went for Trump generated 30%. This means the average Democratic county is 10x more productive than the average Republican county.

User avatar
somuchyummy
Posts: 8125
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by somuchyummy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 pm

Dan33185 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm
thinktank wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:14 pm
Jonathan Isaac just got carted off in a wheelchair.

:cry:
Cue all the people claiming "karma" :roll:
any word on this yet. that's a bummer.
2020 Froobchat NBA Draft - Los Angeles Clippers

PG - Kyle Lowry / Terry Rozier
SG - Khris Middleton / Shake Milton
SF - Jayson Tatum / Lonnie Walker IV
PF - Christian Wood / Larry Nance Jr.
C - Jusuf Nurkic / Robert Williams III

User avatar
j2j
Posts: 22254
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by j2j » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:07 pm

somuchyummy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 pm
Dan33185 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm
thinktank wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:14 pm
Jonathan Isaac just got carted off in a wheelchair.

:cry:
Cue all the people claiming "karma" :roll:
any word on this yet. that's a bummer.
Non-contact, MRI tomorrow. One of those injuries where even a non-expert is thinking it has to be a torn ACL. It was bad, if you haven't seen it.
The pRosas™ broke.

***Official 2020 Froob Brackets Participant***

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 27933
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: NBA coming back?

Post by RubeTube » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 pm

j2j wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:07 pm
somuchyummy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 pm
Dan33185 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm


Cue all the people claiming "karma" :roll:
any word on this yet. that's a bummer.
Non-contact, MRI tomorrow. One of those injuries where even a non-expert is thinking it has to be a torn ACL. It was bad, if you haven't seen it.
And there goes Domes draft.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

RIP George Floyd

Post Reply