Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mount and Blade Bannerlord ®

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Mount and Blade Bannerlord ®

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:22 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:19 pm The only being able to buy or sell one thing at a time is really annoying. I've gone hardcore trader so I can get the perk that lets me buy fiefs, but it's so damn slow mashing the button to buy or sell one item at a time.
You can set certain items to "not sell" by clicking the box. Mark all your essentials like horses and certain weapons as "not sell" then hit sell all.
That doesn't working for trading though. Example: I have 85 grapes that are priced at 27 denars. 85x27=2295. If I do the sell all thing, leaving just those unlocked, I only get 1036 as the price drops like crazy with nearly each item sold. From 27 denars each to 12. Yikes. Oh well, button mashing it is.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:41 pm
Mandatory wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:22 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:19 pm The only being able to buy or sell one thing at a time is really annoying. I've gone hardcore trader so I can get the perk that lets me buy fiefs, but it's so damn slow mashing the button to buy or sell one item at a time.
You can set certain items to "not sell" by clicking the box. Mark all your essentials like horses and certain weapons as "not sell" then hit sell all.
That doesn't working for trading though. Example: I have 85 grapes that are priced at 27 denars. 85x27=2295. If I do the sell all thing, leaving just those unlocked, I only get 1036 as the price drops like crazy with nearly each item sold. From 27 denars each to 12. Yikes. Oh well, button mashing it is.
Interesting.. I see what you're saying and for a game that tells you to think outside the box, making that tedious really sucks.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Horses are a bitch to trade. I bought about 250 last night from the desert cities for cheap to sell in the rest of the world. The prices on them when selling drop so rapidly that you can only sell a few at a time. Moving across the map is then really slow due to the large herd you're moving around. Oops.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I've put in 12 hours or more of this game the last three days. Not a ton of progress on the story, I'm just roaming around, getting up to stuff.

The trading part is kind of irritating. It makes sense but there should be a simpler way to do it.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

What a grind to get the trade perk at the end of the rainbow. 300 points needed. I'm at 175. Ugh
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

New trading rules for me. No food or horses. Livestock and goods only.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:43 pm What a grind to get the trade perk at the end of the rainbow. 300 points needed. I'm at 175. Ugh
In game its only like 6 months. :lol:

I can't get enough of this game. I think about it at work.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Started over, again. I keep learning things then wanting to go back and fix them. Anyway, I'm starting out trading & smithing my way across the land. This time focusing my skills and hiring the proper companions to fill the roles.
Let's get Tropical
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

I stopped playing some VR Skyrim to try this out..fun game. I made a Smith, got my 4 companions the charcoal refining perk and unlocked all the 2 handed sword components..it’s easy to make 23000 denar swords all day, so money becomes trivial. Win 80 tournaments, Just got married, wife is about to have a kid..need to get a kingdom going now. This game could have so much MMORPG potential..
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

BuDG123 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:23 am I stopped playing some VR Skyrim to try this out..fun game. I made a Smith, got my 4 companions the charcoal refining perk and unlocked all the 2 handed sword components..it’s easy to make 23000 denar swords all day, so money becomes trivial. Win 80 tournaments, Just got married, wife is about to have a kid..need to get a kingdom going now. This game could have so much MMORPG potential..
Do the orders tab on the smithing screen. Every once in awhile you get to make a 90k sword
Let's get Tropical
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:14 pm
BuDG123 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:23 am I stopped playing some VR Skyrim to try this out..fun game. I made a Smith, got my 4 companions the charcoal refining perk and unlocked all the 2 handed sword components..it’s easy to make 23000 denar swords all day, so money becomes trivial. Win 80 tournaments, Just got married, wife is about to have a kid..need to get a kingdom going now. This game could have so much MMORPG potential..
Do the orders tab on the smithing screen. Every once in awhile you get to make a 90k sword
:thumbsup: Yeah, seems the best way to level too. I’ve seen $21k orders for two handed swords so far - thinking about maxing 1 handed next to see if I can craft masterful swords for companions. The money seems pretty good with smithing, but running out of things to smelt for steel - Pugio and Tribal Throwing daggers don’t seem to renown yet.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

BuDG123 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:08 am
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:14 pm
:thumbsup: Yeah, seems the best way to level too. I’ve seen $21k orders for two handed swords so far - thinking about maxing 1 handed next to see if I can craft masterful swords for companions. The money seems pretty good with smithing, but running out of things to smelt for steel - Pugio and Tribal Throwing daggers don’t seem to renown yet.
Yeah, I need to bang out the one-handed too. That's what I use on my own dude, so need to beef that up and make myself a great sword.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Northern Empire has no lands but a lot of lords with little armies all over. They declared war on me and are raiding all my villages. They have no towns or castles for me to go raid, so all I can do is chase their little a-hole armies around. Dumb.
Let's get Tropical
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Are you guys paying sandbox or the story? I started the story on my old pc when it was in early access so it hasn't transferred. May just start a sandbox like the good old original version was.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Story but you are supposed to progress after like 2,000 days so it's pretty slow moving. I just merc out and won't commit to a kingdom until way later.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I didn't really know what sandbox was, so I started that up last night. We'll see how that goes. The dragon banner thing seems completely worthless, unless I just don't get it maybe?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Pro-tip, don't marry off the girls in your family. I had one setup as a badass engineer. Married her off to a different clan, and she's gone. #@$@@!!
Let's get Tropical
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Finally got smithing up to 285. Completed all the recipes for everything but daggers so far have about 12 million in the bank and nine companions tons of kids and nephews. I hear you shouldn’t turn in the dragon banner as it just causes everybody else to continuously attack you, yeah I had heard not to marry off the daughters, couple of my sons are in their early teens so we’ll see if they get married. I just said my heard pal then took all the speed perks so catching up, the armies was easier, but yeah, that’s annoying. still having
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

BuDG123 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:10 pm Finally got smithing up to 285. Completed all the recipes for everything but daggers so far have about 12 million in the bank and nine companions tons of kids and nephews. I hear you shouldn’t turn in the dragon banner as it just causes everybody else to continuously attack you, yeah I had heard not to marry off the daughters, couple of my sons are in their early teens so we’ll see if they get married. I just said my heard pal then took all the speed perks so catching up, the armies was easier, but yeah, that’s annoying. still having
Marrying the guys is ok, then you get a new family member to the clan with their wife. Whenever you're ready to start taking over yourself, that helps having all of them to be your Governors
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Also, marrying off your family is a big boost to your charm skill.

I'm still trying to get my trading all the way up so I can start to buy fiefs.
Let's get Tropical
Esquared

Post by Esquared »

Im about to try it on Series X, my potato pc probably wont run it. 😂
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

What is the multi player all about? Against a bunch of randos? Or can we play with each other? #nohomo
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I finally got to 300 trade so I can buy fiefs. What a waste of time that was. 10M+ for a lot of them, 2.5M+ for castles. I'll just run them over and take them instead.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Nice to know. That sounded like a grind.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It was horrible and took forever. I even nuked those stats as quickly as I could with player creation and level ups along the way, and it still took forever.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

After the disappointment of the long sought 300 trade, I decided to start over. Thievery, banditry, executing every prisoner noble.
Let's get Tropical