Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

ForCaleb

Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

Post by ForCaleb »

Absolutely loving how bullish Bitcoin is right now. Yuge profits!

I'd like to dabble in less volatile crytocurrencies, but finna ride it out and reassess between Christmas and New Years.

Discuss!!
feekdogg

Re: Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

Post by feekdogg »

I don't get it.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 am I really wish I had invested about $100 dollars into this back in 2010...
2010?? What about last year??

It's absolutely nuts.

A few years ago, I had about 4 coins going in and out of my wallet at any given time. I didn't mind the swings, but I was chicken shit and pulled completely out a few months before it exploded.

I try not to think about it, but I'm at a good spot now, just watching it grow!
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

I love Bitcoin. Look for it to go to 100k. Sucks for the sheep who invest in paper stocks and watch TV all day long! People are getting CRAZY rich right now off of Bitcoin.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 am I don't get it.
What don't you get?
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

ForCaleb wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm
What don't you get?
Well, what the hell is it, for starters? What is it used for? Why do people want it? Can I have some if yours so I can check it out?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm
What don't you get?
Well, what the hell is it, for starters? What is it used for? Why do people want it? Can I have some if yours so I can check it out?
Its currency. Its as if the entire planet had one currency. Its not material, its digital. If you were a Syrian Refugee, people cant rob your bitcoin.

Bit coin has been fluctuating the last few years, bit its at an all time high now. Like Caleb said, had he left his little Dollar amount in, it would be worth tons more.

Basically, if you want to by a blow-up doll, or drugs, or propane, or mouse traps, etc, online, you can pay with bitcoin. If the sellers are in Morocco, you dont have to exchange dollar currency to whatever theu have their, you just use bitcoin.

Its a universal digital currency
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

So that's what Bitcoin Mining is. Cool, I always wondered.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

There's a lot of money to make in mining if you know what you're doing and have the right equipment.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Donovan McNabb
***Official Gibby Award Winner February 2018***

Post by Donovan McNabb »

i just invested 2000 dollars into bitcoin. I'll be a millionaire next year
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Donovan McNabb wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:51 pm i just invested 2000 dollars into bitcoin. I'll be a millionaire next year
:lol:
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

You can make a boat load of money in bubbles tho.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 pm BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!
That's what they said when it was at $250. :lol:
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Bit coin is like oil... when the price of oil got to a certain point, it became profitable to get oil from sand.. which flooded the market with oil and crashed the price.

At some point it became unprofitable to mine for bitcoins because of the cost. Well now that the price has exploded, people are going to start mining bitcoins like crazy and flood the market. It will crash.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
nigel

Post by nigel »

bitcoin will go to $100k...book it
They say, "Why you rappin' bout hoes and shit?"
'Cause I got a whole lotta hoes and shit
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 pm Bit coin is like oil... when the price of oil got to a certain point, it became profitable to get oil from sand.. which flooded the market with oil and crashed the price.

At some point it became unprofitable to mine for bitcoins because of the cost. Well now that the price has exploded, people are going to start mining bitcoins like crazy and flood the market. It will crash.
The more people that mine, the longer its going to take to make a significant profit no matter what the price of bitcoin is at.
nigel

Post by nigel »

I own a bitcoin miner....
They say, "Why you rappin' bout hoes and shit?"
'Cause I got a whole lotta hoes and shit
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone see the story about the guy in the UK that is digging up a landfill looking for the HD he threw away a few years ago that had the PIN to his crypto-wallet with 7,500 mined bit coins on it? I believe they said it was about $80 Million Dollars.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
minndodger

Post by minndodger »

nigel wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 am I own a bitcoin miner....
Roy Moore was very disappointed when he found out all this talk about miners wasn't about minors.
"it's like he is some kind of smut peddling savant... or something" - Slim
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:42 am
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 am Anyone see the story about the guy in the UK that is digging up a landfill looking for the HD he threw away a few years ago that had the PIN to his crypto-wallet with 7,500 mined bit coins on it? I believe they said it was about $80 Million Dollars.
There is no other way for him to recover his pin?
In this instance I don't believe so. He has his password but it also required a PIN of some kind. I think his other option was attempting to hack the account but I believe the encryption is too strong.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 am
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:42 am
Mandatory - Dominus - Dominus wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 am Anyone see the story about the guy in the UK that is digging up a landfill looking for the HD he threw away a few years ago that had the PIN to his crypto-wallet with 7,500 mined bit coins on it? I believe they said it was about $80 Million Dollars.
There is no other way for him to recover his pin?
In this instance I don't believe so. He has his password but it also required a PIN of some kind. I think his other option was attempting to hack the account but I believe the encryption is too strong.
Or is it? http://time.com/money/5053744/hacke ... twitter

ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 am Anyone see the story about the guy in the UK that is digging up a landfill looking for the HD he threw away a few years ago that had the PIN to his crypto-wallet with 7,500 mined bit coins on it? I believe they said it was about $80 Million Dollars.
What a dumbass.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 am Anyone see the story about the guy in the UK that is digging up a landfill looking for the HD he threw away a few years ago that had the PIN to his crypto-wallet with 7,500 mined bit coins on it? I believe they said it was about $80 Million Dollars.
Back in 2010, there was a guy in Florida who paid 10,000 Bitcoins for two large pizzas. That delivery guy could be sitting on 150 million dollars right now if he is still holding onto them.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

I totally blew it.

I bought regular silver bullion at 17$ an ounce over buying bitcoin at 30$. When it first came out. I buy 1 or 2 pieces here and there. (My 401k). I wanted to get some, but didnt understand what it really was. Seemed like it was already used from the description?

I do have a pound bar of copper stamped. !!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe that will save me.
minndodger

Post by minndodger »

mglviks wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:11 pm I totally blew it.

I bought regular silver bullion at 17$ an ounce over buying bitcoin at 30$. When it first came out. I buy 1 or 2 pieces here and there. (My 401k). I wanted to get some, but didnt understand what it really was. Seemed like it was already used from the description?

Maybe that will save me.
You can make your own pennies.
"it's like he is some kind of smut peddling savant... or something" - Slim
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

My buddies are into it.

They convinced me to buy a bit of it when it crashed back in September when it was $3,000/coin but I forgot to and now it's at $10,000+

Damnit.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

The strength of crypto is encouraging.

We want and need to move away from finite currency/fake money as fast as possible.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

minndodger wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 pm
mglviks wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:11 pm I totally blew it.

Maybe that will save me.
You can make your own pennies.
I save my 95% copper pennies too. 100$ worth goes for like 180$. Pre 82 is easy.