Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

landoftheiceandsnow

Re: Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

Post by landoftheiceandsnow »

this thread is like watching a bunch of monkeys trying to speak Latin to each other.
I'm putting snakes in baskets
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Just bought at 20,200 this morning

No I'm not posting my wallet address, I'm telling you I just bought at 20,200. Roast away jackasses
2016 Masters Pool Champion*

*Indicates award won on a now deceased MDSTMB
NotRasho
***Official Gibby Award Winner - May 2018***

Post by NotRasho »

NutCupGuy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:32 pm Just bought at 20,200 this morning

No I'm not posting my wallet address, I'm telling you I just bought at 20,200. Roast away jackasses
:lol:

seriously, you dont need to post anymore until you post wallet ID.
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:25 pm

When people applaud your buys they're most likely poor. When the notrashos of the world laugh at your buys, you're likely doing it right

The top was 69k, we're 50k from that point. This is the time to buy. When Cardi B says sell I load up. Time will tell bud, good luck

NotRasho

Post by NotRasho »

NutCupGuy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:44 pm

When people applaud your buys they're most likely poor. When the notrashos of the world laugh at your buys, you're likely doing it right

The top was 69k, we're 50k from that point. This is the time to buy. When Cardi B says sell I load up. Time will tell bud, good luck
Before my post history was magically deleted, I was the only person in this thread who actually gave advice that would have made people a shitload of money. Not vague ass "buy now!" bullshit like you, but directly identified coins which if acted on would have made the investor 100-1500X returns.

Doesnt it worry you that BTC has dropped this far despite the huge increase in inflation which should in theory offset some of the loss? I expected it to dip to the 20k range at bottom, but taking into account inflation its really down to like 15k. One of the main selling points of a crypto is its limited supply, and how it should retain value when compared against an unbacked, unlimited, fiat currency. I was projecting the bottom based off inflation staying fairly flat over a short 2 year window. With it falling so much quicker it brings up a lot of potential instability as people panic. Plus the added cost of living and interest rates is cutting into the disposable money to be sunk into what appears to many as a large risk. Add in other global instabilities and overall disorder and im not planning on sinking anything substantial back in until I see it play out longer. I have no fear of it shooting back up any time soon. Any sudden peak will be met with an immediate dump by people who missed jumping off at 30-35 and it will plunge again. Its going to take a significant period of small but stable upward movement before confidence is high enough for it to boom again. I think were in a pretty significant dip which is yet to bottom out and there will be plenty of time to jump back in at 20k or less while incurring much less risk.
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

NotRasho wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:59 pm
NutCupGuy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:44 pm

Before my post history was magically deleted, I was the only person in this thread who actually gave advice that would have made people a shitload of money. Not vague ass "buy now!" bullshit like you, but directly identified coins which if acted on would have made the investor 100-1500X returns.

Doesnt it worry you that BTC has dropped this far despite the huge increase in inflation which should in theory offset some of the loss? I expected it to dip to the 20k range at bottom, but taking into account inflation its really down to like 15k. One of the main selling points of a crypto is its limited supply, and how it should retain value when compared against an unbacked, unlimited, fiat currency. I was projecting the bottom based off inflation staying fairly flat over a short 2 year window. With it falling so much quicker it brings up a lot of potential instability as people panic. Plus the added cost of living and interest rates is cutting into the disposable money to be sunk into what appears to many as a large risk. Add in other global instabilities and overall disorder and im not planning on sinking anything substantial back in until I see it play out longer. I have no fear of it shooting back up any time soon. Any sudden peak will be met with an immediate dump by people who missed jumping off at 30-35 and it will plunge again. Its going to take a significant period of small but stable upward movement before confidence is high enough for it to boom again. I think were in a pretty significant dip which is yet to bottom out and there will be plenty of time to jump back in at 20k or less while incurring much less risk.
We may very well look at crypto investing differently which is completely fine

I think the more the fed raises the rates the more all markets will dump, including crypto. Stocks are in a free fall and look eerily similiar to past market crashes. When the entire world is on fire with fiat money inflation rampant in nearly every country, a war currently taking place, etc things are gonna get nasty across the board. This seems to be a given and I think it could last for a while

But IMO if you want an easy, and I do mean EZ 4x-10x I plan to buy cardano, link, solana, matic, eth, and other decent sized big name coins. When the markets finally run again, which might be a year from now and it might be 5 years, you can very easily buy cardano at an average of .30 cents and watch it run to to 2.10 before selling it for 6x. Same thing with the others named above and smaller coins are higher risk but have potential for even bigger returns. You'd better believe I'll be taking a few moon shots as well on some little fellas

My point is that I'm not obsessed with hitting/calling exact tops and or exact bottoms. I should've sold more but I sold one eth at 4100 which I bought for 1331. I did not buy the bottom nor did I catch the top. Just standard profit taking and yes I should've sold more. But it doesn't matter. If you average in slowly during 2022 and possibly 2023 you will at some point be catching the bottom and also buying the very gradual way up. I'm perfectly fine with this and in fact I prefer it. I've got spare money to invest and as I said above I think slowly averaging in over the next several months will leave you with a great entry point for the inevitable run. I don't care if it's locked up for years, I truly believe a number of those coins will 4x or more if not all of them. I'm very much interested in multiplying my money and I'm not bothered by how long it takes. I'm not bothered by not calling exact down to the dollar market tops and bottoms and frankly almost nobody calls them

I'm fine averaging in slowly and waiting as I'm confident all markets will eventually rebound, from your favorite stocks to the crypto space I think we bounce back. And I'll be riding it on it's way down and alllll the way back up. Cheers

Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

landoftheiceandsnow wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:56 pm this thread is like watching a bunch of monkeys trying to speak Latin to each other.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

I bought a bunch of Bitcoin when it went below $20k
BFF of RubeChick
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Bought a bunch of UST when it was between 1 and 2 cents, saw it rocketed these past couple days and logged into my binance account for the first time in weeks, only to see they locked all my coins, and transferred them into USTC. Tried transferring USTC to my wallet, but it is not supported by my wallet, so I have my coins trapped on Binance. I'd really like to cash out $16K right now. Instead I'm stuck waiting for it to either go back down to one cent, or hopefully keep rising.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:49 pm Bought a bunch of UST when it was between 1 and 2 cents, saw it rocketed these past couple days and logged into my binance account for the first time in weeks, only to see they locked all my coins, and transferred them into USTC. Tried transferring USTC to my wallet, but it is not supported by my wallet, so I have my coins trapped on Binance. I'd really like to cash out $16K right now. Instead I'm stuck waiting for it to either go back down to one cent, or hopefully keep rising.
I had been bearish on crypto the last 6 months. Admittedly where I made a mistake was transferring many of my assets to USDC and storing them on Celsius. Celsius has my shit locked and I am not even counting on ever getting access to it again. If I do I will look at it like i'm lucky. So I was smart for getting out of BTC, ETH, DOGE, MATIC etc but stupid to hold my stablecoin on fucking Celsius. 8-9% interest I should have known too good to be safe.
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

I read today that Q4 of this year is when Bitcoin may start climbing again
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

What's the latest, boys? Bitcoin going to drop below $20k again or no?
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Riley91 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:40 pm What's the latest, boys? Bitcoin going to drop below $20k again or no?
Looks like probably
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Riley91 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:45 am
Riley91 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:40 pm What's the latest, boys? Bitcoin going to drop below $20k again or no?
Looks like probably
Or maybe not!
BFF of RubeChick
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Buy, 17500 might be the bottom

If 17500 isn't the bottom, which is a very real possibility, then you buy more at those lower levels

You'll be glad you did during the next run up. I'm still averaging in and you're still welcome to laugh. I think I'm getting a discount on my favorite coins

Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

I bought a bunch more Bitcoin today!
BFF of RubeChick
NotRasho

Post by NotRasho »

Hows that working out for you? :lol:

Currently under 19k, hasnt bottomed out yet.
thinktank wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:47 pm But, what do I know?

I was only honorable mention all-conference.
NotRasho

Post by NotRasho »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:49 pm Bought a bunch of UST when it was between 1 and 2 cents, saw it rocketed these past couple days and logged into my binance account for the first time in weeks, only to see they locked all my coins, and transferred them into USTC. Tried transferring USTC to my wallet, but it is not supported by my wallet, so I have my coins trapped on Binance. I'd really like to cash out $16K right now. Instead I'm stuck waiting for it to either go back down to one cent, or hopefully keep rising.
Not that it helps you now, but never store your coins with an exchange.

Download the blockchain, create your own wallets, store coins locally where you cant be denied access to them and without fear of the exchange being hacked.

NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:05 pm

You're truly an American treasure, wether you're trolling or truly just that bad

Read my post from July, 17500 might just be the bottom. If it's not then you stack more at lower levels. We're 50k from the all time high, buying the bottom is a good thing. When bitcoin hits 100k it isn't gonna matter if you bought at 18k or 24k, you were buying the bottom

Average in man. 2022, the year to accumulate

NotRasho

Post by NotRasho »

NutCupGuy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:21 pm

You're truly an American treasure, wether you're trolling or truly just that bad

Read my post from July, 17500 might just be the bottom. If it's not then you stack more at lower levels. We're 50k from the all time high, buying the bottom is a good thing. When bitcoin hits 100k it isn't gonna matter if you bought at 18k or 24k, you were buying the bottom

You have no idea what you are talking about. :lol:

You have unfounded confidence in something you clearly dont understand, and this "WHEN it hits 100k" talk is embarrassing. Were seeing insane inflation and a complete loss of faith in crypto, yet people like you still think its some guaranteed bet. People have more money right now than they have in recent memory yet they arent pumping it into crypto, in fact most dumped...why? Because times of instability and uncertainty arent when the average person is going to dump money into things they dont understand. Theres an extremely high chance we have already seen the high point of cryptocurrency.

NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

NotRasho wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:34 pm
NutCupGuy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:21 pm

You have no idea what you are talking about. :lol:

You have unfounded confidence in something you clearly dont understand, and this "WHEN it hits 100k" talk is embarrassing. Were seeing insane inflation and a complete loss of faith in crypto, yet people like you still think its some guaranteed bet. People have more money right now than they have in recent memory yet they arent pumping it into crypto, in fact most dumped...why? Because times of instability and uncertainty arent when the average person is going to dump money into things they dont understand. Theres an extremely high chance we have already seen the high point of cryptocurrency.
Dead ass wrong. Instability and uncertainty are cyclical, right now we're in a dark winter for all markets and it might last years

But just like we came outta the great depression, just like we bounced back from the great recession, this too shall pass. Wall street will rebound and crypto will follow. Companies like black rock and Goldman Sachs will buy a boat load of crypto and offer it to their clients. Countries will use crypto as currency, in fact some do now. If Saudi Arabia allocates 1% of It's wealth to crypto in the next 10-20 years prices will explode and that's just one country

Crypto isn't going anywhere and it has absolutely not topped. We'll talk years down the line. When the world is fearful, be greedy

NotRasho

Post by NotRasho »

NutCupGuy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:52 pm Dead ass wrong. Instability and uncertainty are cyclical, right now we're in a dark winter for all markets and it might last years

But just like we came outta the great depression, just like we bounced back from the great recession, this too shall pass. Wall street will rebound and crypto will follow. Companies like black rock and Goldman Sachs will buy a boat load of crypto and offer it to their clients. Countries will use crypto as currency, in fact some do now. If Saudi Arabia allocates 1% of It's wealth to crypto in the next 10-20 years prices will explode and that's just one country

Crypto isn't going anywhere and it has absolutely not topped. We'll talk years down the line. When the world is fearful, be greedy
Tulips are the future! buy!

Lose your $100 or whatever you have to your name, I dont care. You cant explain any of this garbage you believe, nor can you explain what gives crypto tangible value which differentiates it from fiat currency.

NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

I hope you're averaging in folks, you'll be glad you did

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Picking up a little more every week.
Let's get Tropical
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

To the moon!!
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Good thing nutcup has his jewels protected. Crypto in a bad spot here
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The market is crashing pretty hard again tonight. Yeah, election fun!
Let's get Tropical
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:48 pm The market is crashing pretty hard again tonight. Yeah, election fun!
Nothing to do with the election. One of the biggest crypto exchanges is having a run on it and they can't pay everyone.

If that can happen to FTX, it can happen to almost any of them. RIP

Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

Wakanda wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:13 pm To the moon!!
Dumbass

Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Coach Guy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:38 pm
Kathy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:13 pm To the moon!!
Dumbass
Hey Coach Nambla. :naners:
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden