Shoulda been: ***Today Oakland gets the beat down, home opener.*** (28th)

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Tuck ya in
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 10 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by Tuck ya in » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:17 pm

bubu dubu. wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:26 pm
mid-May. holy fuck. SPring is never gonna come
If they start in mid May, it won't be in front of fans.

User avatar
bubu dubu.
Posts: 8766
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 10 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by bubu dubu. » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Tuck ya in wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:17 pm
bubu dubu. wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:26 pm
mid-May. holy fuck. SPring is never gonna come
If they start in mid May, it won't be in front of fans.
Its sad to think that as that is still two months away, but it is a very possible scenario.

It would still feel like a sign of things turning around though. Even without fans, it would give us that sense of a new beginning, like baseball does every year when Spring comes.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 24837
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 10 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by RubeTube » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 pm

Probably going to be the beginning of June, gentlemen.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

RIP George Floyd

User avatar
Dan33185
Posts: 1998
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:24 am

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 10 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by Dan33185 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 pm

I honestly don't know if we'll see another sporting event this year.

User avatar
salamander
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by salamander » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 am

It'll come.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, as long as you're with me.
---------------
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.

User avatar
sh1mmyya
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:38 am

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by sh1mmyya » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm sad.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip

boxter432
Posts: 4513
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by boxter432 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm

lol Thor is out for over a year, injuring himself while the world is quarantined. shoulda traded bux for him!

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 30136
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by weimy froob » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm

boxter432 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:15 pm
lol Thor is out for over a year, injuring himself while the world is quarantined. shoulda traded bux for him!
i don't think they were ever seriously considering doing that trade-but if they were? dodged a bullet.

Tuck ya in
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 10 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by Tuck ya in » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 pm

bubu dubu. wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:30 pm
Tuck ya in wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:17 pm
bubu dubu. wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:26 pm
mid-May. holy fuck. SPring is never gonna come
If they start in mid May, it won't be in front of fans.
Its sad to think that as that is still two months away, but it is a very possible scenario.

It would still feel like a sign of things turning around though. Even without fans, it would give us that sense of a new beginning, like baseball does every year when Spring comes.
I would be pumped too if they play in May regardless of fans! I just don't know how they would handle playoffs for northern outdoor teams....might have to shift over to Millwaukee's stadium. Or just have all southern stadiums in play....crazy.

MN Mediocrity
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by MN Mediocrity » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:17 am

Twins should play in US Bank Stadium in November.

Small Hands
Posts: 2814
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by Small Hands » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:52 am

Unfortunately, I don't think this season will happen.

User avatar
weimy froob
Posts: 30136
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 4 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by weimy froob » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:58 pm

Scott Boras pitches 162-game MLB season, including Christmas game, despite coronavirus delay

https://sports.yahoo.com/scott-boras-pi ... 19820.html

User avatar
salamander
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 1 more day before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by salamander » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:13 pm

salamander wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm
:D :beer:

Already sounds like Piscotty could miss their home opener which means we might get to see Robbie Grossman start.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, as long as you're with me.
---------------
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.

User avatar
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***
Posts: 24837
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Only 2 more days before Oakland gets the beat down.***

Post by RubeTube » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 pm

A short schedule would be the best thing to ever happen to the game. Might boost it's popularity back up.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

RIP George Floyd

User avatar
salamander
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Today Oakland gets the beat down.*** (28th)

Post by salamander » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Season shoulda been underway.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, as long as you're with me.
---------------
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.

Small Hands
Posts: 2814
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Today Oakland gets the beat down.*** (28th)

Post by Small Hands » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:20 pm

salamander wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:07 pm
Season shoulda been underway.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't happen at all now.

User avatar
salamander
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Today Oakland gets the beat down.*** (28th)

Post by salamander » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Small Hands wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:20 pm
salamander wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:07 pm
Season shoulda been underway.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't happen at all now.
Right there with ya.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, as long as you're with me.
---------------
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.

User avatar
Self High-Five
Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am
Location: White Bear Lake

Re: Shoulda been: ***Today Oakland gets the beat down.*** (28th)

Post by Self High-Five » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 am

salamander wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:21 pm
Small Hands wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:20 pm
salamander wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:07 pm
Season shoulda been underway.
I'm beginning to think it doesn't happen at all now.
Right there with ya.
They're saying, hoping to have fans back in stadiums by Aug/Sept. Does a baseball season even happen at this point?
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson

User avatar
salamander
Posts: 10209
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: Shoulda been: ***Today Oakland gets the beat down.*** (28th)

Post by salamander » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Self High-Five wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 am
salamander wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:21 pm
Small Hands wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:20 pm


I'm beginning to think it doesn't happen at all now.
Right there with ya.
They're saying, hoping to have fans back in stadiums by Aug/Sept. Does a baseball season even happen at this point?
I'd really hope so. Just punt on the 162 games and play it out. Who cares.
I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, as long as you're with me.
---------------
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.

Post Reply