Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PA on the mic in march

A place to discuss the MN Wild
weimy froob

Re: PA on the mic in march

Post by weimy froob »

we want to hear the train wreck shut up reid.
Leon

Post by Leon »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:59 pm
Leon wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:54 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:49 pm just heard the goal call. who listened to the first period?
the radio was way behind the TV feed -- the one thing i noticed is PA had no idea how fast the game moves -- i am still wondering why they would have a clown like Paul Allen do any games on the radio.
he went with "a goal" instead of "he scores". i'll listen to the second period for awhile to see what it/he sounds like.
i shouldn't be so hard on him, but the way he looks and dresses and his vocabulary is all a schtick --
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

now some play-by-play and he's not doing too bad.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

not watching and it's just 1-0 so i can't tell how much PA is missing. not brutal in that scenario--i kind of know what's going on.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm sure doing play by play for a hockey game is difficult so I'm cutting PA some slack. Listened to about 5 minutes of his schtick and I'd rate his performance as mediocre at best. As always PA trying to make it about himself and trust me, hockey fans are not impressed with big words. Has GOT to speak quicker and just simmer down....probably could be decent after lots of practice but he ain't there now.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

he got the word "peppering" out there. nice.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Sounds like he’s doing pretty alright for his first live game.
Leon

Post by Leon »

he keeps telling the audience he is in Suite 25 ... who gives a shit where he is ? i am never going to say a bad word about Lapanta again
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:27 pm Sounds like he’s doing pretty alright for his first live game.
Not really....mediocre at best.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Hornets wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:31 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:27 pm Sounds like he’s doing pretty alright for his first live game.
Not really....mediocre at best.
You know that it doesn’t make you better to put him down, right? You could just be honest about it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

novelty play-by-play--for what it is it's alright in a 1-0 game. another game wasn't needed--but it won't be the end of the hockey world either.
Leon

Post by Leon »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:36 pm novelty play-by-play--for what it is it's alright in a 1-0 game. another game wasn't needed--but it won't be the end of the hockey world either.
i agree with Gus. similar to his Viking broadcasts he makes the PBP more about him and his clichés and clever word games -- i listened long enough to know what i already knew -
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Leon wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:44 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:36 pm novelty play-by-play--for what it is it's alright in a 1-0 game. another game wasn't needed--but it won't be the end of the hockey world either.
i agree with Gus. similar to his Viking broadcasts he makes the PBP more about him and his clichés and clever word games -- i listened long enough to know what i already knew -
me too. good luck wild.
Falen's Boyfriend

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

Listened to half the game and hated every second of it. Non. Stop. Screaming.
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

The game was almost over and I remembered the PA bit. I turned him on and I thought this was game 7 of the cup. I seriously thought he was going to pull out the Al Michaels miracle quote. He was amped. :shock:
Leon

Post by Leon »

i went to the Elton John concert last night and we stopped at Tom Reid's for a pre-game bump. Tom was there schmooozing with the patrons, i had the balls to approach him and see if i could get an honest answer from him on the PA extravaganza. I started by saying that it sure was "different " than what i was used to hearing --- he never said anything good or bad, just that PA had so much energy and that it would be hard to sustain that style for a whole season... also he said when it was pitched to him he did have reservations, but was told its just these 2 games. based on what the twitter world is saying, the Wild might buy into this nonsense for more games ??? i don't care one way or the other -- i watch on TV and rarely listen to the radio broadcasts. i just like bashing the clown that we know as Paul Allen :)

last note-- i asked Reid how he thought the regular guy was dealing with this -- he said he was a pro and didn't think this was a long term assignment for our PA
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Leon wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:52 am i went to the Elton John concert last night and we stopped at Tom Reid's for a pre-game bump. Tom was there schmooozing with the patrons, i had the balls to approach him and see if i could get an honest answer from him on the PA extravaganza. I started by saying that it sure was "different " than what i was used to hearing --- he never said anything good or bad, just that PA had so much energy and that it would be hard to sustain that style for a whole season... also he said when it was pitched to him he did have reservations, but was told its just these 2 games. based on what the twitter world is saying, the Wild might buy into this nonsense for more games ??? i don't care one way or the other -- i watch on TV and rarely listen to the radio broadcasts. i just like bashing the clown that we know as Paul Allen :)

last note-- i asked Reid how he thought the regular guy was dealing with this -- he said he was a pro and didn't think this was a long term assignment for our PA
what's the story? the experiment went off well?
Leon

Post by Leon »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:03 am
Leon wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:52 am i went to the Elton John concert last night and we stopped at Tom Reid's for a pre-game bump. Tom was there schmooozing with the patrons, i had the balls to approach him and see if i could get an honest answer from him on the PA extravaganza. I started by saying that it sure was "different " than what i was used to hearing --- he never said anything good or bad, just that PA had so much energy and that it would be hard to sustain that style for a whole season... also he said when it was pitched to him he did have reservations, but was told its just these 2 games. based on what the twitter world is saying, the Wild might buy into this nonsense for more games ??? i don't care one way or the other -- i watch on TV and rarely listen to the radio broadcasts. i just like bashing the clown that we know as Paul Allen :)

what's the story? the experiment went off well?
if the Wild wanted to get a response on twitter my guess is there were more positives than negatives -- my take is what Tom Reid said, he wouldn't be able to do this at his pace for long, its a one ( 2 ) time gimmick. Falness has filled in for a few games in the past, him and the regular guy must hate that they are letting PA into their dojo
NonprovincialMNFan

Post by NonprovincialMNFan »

I don't have bally sports and work nights so I listen to most games......(this is how serious I am) even though I am an atheist I will say, "please God, please don't ruin my only way to enjoy the Wild!"
Doc Holliday: There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Kenneth Noisewater »

Did Bob Kurtz retire? Loved listening to his game calls.
I got you Abe.
NonprovincialMNFan

Post by NonprovincialMNFan »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:20 am

"out of body stuff..." .....and from what?? and it was a poor PBP skill set and he should call 1000 more games and it should at the high school level and nice "god's gift" and he wants to ruin more games and somebody in the Wild Org should give us all a fucking break from and PA's hockey PBP. .....and....
Doc Holliday: There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it.