Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Anyone head outdoors lately?

Barton Fink

Anyone head outdoors lately?

Post by Barton Fink »

Or it too damn cold :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hector

Re: Anyone head outdoors lately?

Post by Hector »

I recently returned from hiking the hill country in West Texas. Guadalupe Peak is a great hike 8.4 miles round trip. I did the ascent in a bit over an hour and a half.
Fatass Vikings Fan

Post by Fatass Vikings Fan »

I went out in the canoe the other day. Just beautiful out on the water :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it's warm out there. i rode the bike for 105 minutes without a break and the heat took it out of me.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

TC_Robbie_81 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:35 pm The neighbor lady sometimes goes outside in her underwear when it's hot lol
Are you my neighbor? I have a lady that does that too. Except she's old, gross, and insane.
Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'll head back outdoors tomorrow. it's still supposed to be bone dry for a few more days according to PH81.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

just got back from about 90 minutes in the outdoors. much nicer day today for me from the heat perspective.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

just got back from being outdoors. about as nice as a spring minnesota weather day gets. a few degrees cooler and it'd be perfect. pretty good though.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it feels like summer out there. dog is panting. too hot for her. too hot for me too if you want to know the truth. santa cruz sounds great. or grand marais.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

yep. the dog walk and the bike ride already done. it can heat up now.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'm pretty much done with my outdoors for the day. tomorrow i'll mow that lawn if it isn't raining. no mow may goes away after today.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:43 am i'm pretty much done with my outdoors for the day. tomorrow i'll mow that lawn if it isn't raining. no mow may goes away after today.
Saw a yard in a nearby neighborhood that had a "No mow May" sign in it. The lawn looked terrible...long grass, long weeds. Hope it was worth it for them...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:10 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:43 am i'm pretty much done with my outdoors for the day. tomorrow i'll mow that lawn if it isn't raining. no mow may goes away after today.
Saw a yard in a nearby neighborhood that had a "No mow May" sign in it. The lawn looked terrible...long grass, long weeds. Hope it was worth it for them...
it was worth it for me. i wish i had one of those signs though. my yard is the only one in the neighborhood that hasn't been mowed yet and i don't know if the neighbors get the bit. :mrgreen:

if we don't get much rain in june i'll go at least another three weeks before i mow in that month as well. one mow in july and then probably only three mows for the season beginning with the mow in august. that depends. i like to mulch the leaves with the mower in the fall so i could mow more than that in october--but that's to get those leaves. :coolio:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:19 pm
it was worth it for me. i wish i had one of those signs though. my yard is the only one in the neighborhood that hasn't been mowed yet and i don't know if the neighbors get the bit. :mrgreen:

if we don't get much rain in june i'll go at least another three weeks before i mow in that month as well. one mow in july and then probably only three mows for the season beginning with the mow in august. that depends. i like to mulch the leaves with the mower in the fall so i could mow more than that in october--but that's to get those leaves. :coolio:
Do you water your lawn Weimy?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:21 pm

never. i'd also never put chemicals on it--even if they paid me.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:22 pm

No offense but with no watering or weed control my guess is your lawn looks like, ahem.....a mess.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:24 pm

No offense but with no watering or weed control my guess is your lawn looks like, ahem.....a mess.
:lol: it's going to look pretty good after the scalping tomorrow. i noticed that my neighbor's grass hasn't grown much since he mowed about 10 days ago. if that's the growth rate i can easily get three weeks before the next mow in june.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:27 pm

:lol: it's going to look pretty good after the scalping tomorrow. i noticed that my neighbor's grass hasn't grown much since he mowed about 10 days ago. if that's the growth rate i can easily get three weeks before the next mow in june.
I recently saw a yard tips forum where they said you should never cut off more than 1/3 of the current height of your grass. From the sounds of it you're going to throw caution to the wind and go well beyond that... :cry:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:27 pm

I recently saw a yard tips forum where they said you should never cut off more than 1/3 of the current height of your grass. From the sounds of it you're going to throw caution to the wind and go well beyond that... :cry:
it was a no mow may last year and i think the grass was higher. everything's going to be fine after the cut. i don't want the grass to grow too fast anyways.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

had to go outdoors to mow the lawn. i also pulled out eight bags of leaves from behind the garage and spread them out first. lawn looks great and it's got some good mulch on it too. i think i did it right with the no mow may. i even saw a bee in the back yard before i pulled the rope on the mower. that's why you're supposed to let it grow for the month. must be something to it.
VikingHammer

Post by VikingHammer »

Spent the weekend at the cabin.Thank God for Ac when not in the lake
VikingHammer

Post by VikingHammer »

Bullheads are spawning infront of the lake house. First time ive ever seen that. Should have a bunch of tiny bullheads all ove.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

lulz.
Park Ranger

Post by Park Ranger »

Well I am a Park Ranger, so everyday!
TCSports

Post by TCSports »

I'm heading to the BWCA later in August. Going to Stuart Lake this time. Hopefully can camp on the island.