Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mike Wobschall no longer works for the Vikings

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Herky

Re: Mike Wobschall no longer works for the Vikings

Post by Herky »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:47 am
Herky wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:43 am
Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:42 am There was an issue with a female co-worker. However, there were different eyewitness accounts.
Sounds messy.
But it wasn't only that. I am deducing from what Wobby related that there was that issue plus the tirade. Almost like - the coworker issue put him in a precarious spot and all it took was another push and the tirade was it. (there is more to it per Wobby but it is only Wobby's perspective.)
I'm sure his Twitter thing put a target on his back. The odd thing is people who worked with him said his political stances have been well known for years, but he never did the Twitter tirade in the past.

I never knew his political opinions before that rant. I did know Charch and Leber's but they were a little more subdued with their comments and they never did that online.

Maybe times have changed because I clearly remember Joe Senor expressing his support for GW Bush a few times during Vikings games and he never got backlash over it.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Herky wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:50 am

Sounds messy.
But it wasn't only that. I am deducing from what Wobby related that there was that issue plus the tirade. Almost like - the coworker issue put him in a precarious spot and all it took was another push and the tirade was it. (there is more to it per Wobby but it is only Wobby's perspective.)
I'm sure his Twitter thing put a target on his back. The odd thing is people who worked with him said his political stances have been well known for years, but he never did the Twitter tirade in the past.

I never knew his political opinions before that rant. I did know Charch and Leber's but they were a little more subdued with their comments and they never did that online.

Maybe times have changed because I clearly remember Joe Senor expressing his support for GW Bush a few times during Vikings games and he never got backlash over it.
Wobby thinks it is because he is a republican and a Trump supporter. I disagree. There is a difference between being a republican or even a Trump supporter on one hand and going on a tirade on the other. I think the Twitter thing was the final straw.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

What are Leber's stances that you reference?!

I know Charch thinks he's a Libertarian, but he's really just an idiot.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

He just voiced support for Bush and McCain (when he ran against Obama) in the past. He's never pressing with it just has stated he's a republican. It's been a few years since he's said anything about it however.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:55 am

Wobby thinks it is because he is a republican and a Trump supporter. I disagree. There is a difference between being a republican or even a Trump supporter on one hand and going on a tirade on the other. I think the Twitter thing was the final straw.
That's spot on.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:57 am

He just voiced support for Bush and McCain (when he ran against Obama) in the past. He's never pressing with it just has stated he's a republican. It's been a few years since he's said anything about it however.
Hmm.. that's interesting. I always find it fascinating when a minority or seemingly educated person is a Republican...

#BaltimoreStrong
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

LOL. Someone just called PA and asked a Viking question and then at the end threw in, "Where is Wobby?". PA decided to not answer either question.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Obi-Wan wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:37 am LOL. Someone just called PA and asked a Viking question and then at the end threw in, "Where is Wobby?". PA decided to not answer either question.
I thought PA handled it pretty well. Its obvi he isn't going to answer it. The only chance it gets answered is someone on the morning show saying something.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Lol, it's amazing how transparent the media expects everyone to be.....yet when they have internal issues they claim up and won't address anything
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

FUCK KFAN! SUCH A TRASH ASS RADIO STATION.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

JigglyPuff wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 pm FUCK KFAN! SUCH A TRASH ASS RADIO STATION.
:lol:
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

The fact that they are saying nothing rather than explaining that Wobby has just decided to move on and we love him, etc., is pretty telling that Wobby was fired for something he did.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Sounds messy.

Trump piss guzzlers are quite a bit different than Bush whacking. That should be obvious. Trumpster Divers are beyond politics. It's about human decency now and companies know the damage that can come from associating with it.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

minnemike wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Trump piss guzzlers are quite a bit different than Bush whacking. That should be obvious. Trumpster Divers are beyond politics. It's about human decency now and companies know the damage that can come from associating with it.
100%

And they just don't fucking get it.. or they just don't care.

#BaltimoreStrong
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:43 pm

100%

This is just completely laughable. Why is it more republicans are getting assaulted and verbally attacked by the democrats for the past 4 years? The left is a sideshow and it starts at the top and it's not getting any better. Want to hear something hilarious? I was wearing a T-shirt that said "Trump" on the back of it and I was at the state fair with 10 family members. Some lady comes up to me and asks me "What's it like to be a racist?" AND right on fucking cue my Cousin(which she's black) comes back from the bathroom and comes up to me and says "where off to next"? The dumbfuck hypocrite was almost speechless, she asked who is this? My reply "This is my absolute favorite cousin whom I love dearly and would do anything for" needless to say she turned around and walked away, of course she didn't apologize she's a typical lying democrat. I wish I could say that's not how democrats actually act but the truth is that is EXACTLY how the left acts. Without needing to lie I have been a democrat MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE up until the election until I realized what that side is all about, lies mean more than the truth.

You know that old saying "Give an undecided voter a pamphlet about the democratic party and you will give him something to think about for 5 minutes, BUT if you teach an undecided voter how to lie like a democrat and then they can go on and brainwash the masses".
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Glad I won't have to listen to "he's so wobby" ever again.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

PurpleHaze wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:37 pm

100%

This is just completely laughable. Why is it more republicans are getting assaulted and verbally attacked by the democrats for the past 4 years? The left is a sideshow and it starts at the top and it's not getting any better. Want to hear something hilarious? I was wearing a T-shirt that said "Trump" on the back of it and I was at the state fair with 10 family members. Some lady comes up to me and asks me "What's it like to be a racist?" AND right on fucking cue my Cousin(which she's black) comes back from the bathroom and comes up to me and says "where off to next"? The dumbfuck hypocrite was almost speechless, she asked who is this? My reply "This is my absolute favorite cousin whom I love dearly and would do anything for" needless to say she turned around and walked away, of course she didn't apologize she's a typical lying democrat. I wish I could say that's not how democrats actually act but the truth is that is EXACTLY how the left acts. Without needing to lie I have been a democrat MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE up until the election until I realized what that side is all about, lies mean more than the truth.

You know that old saying "Give an undecided voter a pamphlet about the democratic party and you will give him something to think about for 5 minutes, BUT if you teach an undecided voter how to lie like a democrat and then they can go on and brainwash the masses".
Courtesy post: I'm not reading that screed.

#BaltimoreStrong
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:31 pm

100%

Cowards hate the truth.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

PurpleHaze wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Cowards hate the truth.
You can't be fucking serious..

#BaltimoreStrong
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Cowards hate the truth.
You live in a world where everyone caters to each other (echo chamber)and no one is allowed to have a difference in opinion. I absolutely refuse to do that.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote

Oscar on the Vikes:
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

PurpleHaze wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Cowards hate the truth.
You live in a world where everyone caters to each other (echo chamber)and no one is allowed to have a difference in opinion. I absolutely refuse to do that.
Again, you can't be serious. The ironing is off the charts.

#BaltimoreStrong
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:55 pm
PurpleHaze wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Again, you can't be serious. The ironing is off the charts.
Is the irony that I hate echo Chambers? Is it ironic that I absolutely think it's necessary for both democrats and republicans to come together to solve issues? You have to admit that democrats are the main reason for the divide in this country. I can think of example after example of conservatives being shut down at events by democrats yet conservatives aren't shutting down democrats. It's overwhelming that democrats aren't fans of free speech. I respect your opinion and I would never want you to be shut down, free advice for democrats (which they obviously won't take).
Simpson Get Lifted wrote

Oscar on the Vikes:
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Politics are the worst. Nobody knows anything, but act like they know everything. Just because you slurp up every thing your chosen news outlet feeds you, doesn't make you "informed". You know what they want you to know, which isn't much.
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

sh1mmyya wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:40 pm Politics are the worst. Nobody knows anything, but act like they know everything. Just because you slurp up every thing your chosen news outlet feeds you, doesn't make you "informed". You know what they want you to know, which isn't much.
This. Bunch a puppets getting spoon fed the party line.
Herky

Post by Herky »

100%

Trump supporters are not normal political folks. This isn't a dem vs republican thing it's morally broken people who are empowered by Trump. Trump is only a member of the party of himself. He doesn[t give a shit about anyone else. That's the problem and he's hands down the worst peraon to ever take the Oval Office in my lifetime. Even GW Bush and his Dad thinks/thought the guy is a clown and so would Reagan.

I can give a pass to someone who voted for him the first time, but after all the shit he's pulled since it's hard to say the people who don't support him like him for reasons that aren't political. Shitbirds of a feather flock together.

I can handle sitting next to a republican. It's the mouth breathing current Trump fans I have a problem with. He's a worthless sack of shit and so is anyone who currently supports him.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm not interested in listening to Trumpers attempts to justify themselves or debate the merits of their position. I know you're on the wrong side of history and your thoughts on the matter mean absolutely nothing. I'd rather hear you make fart noises then listening to your mewling. Want to talk about anything else, I'll welcome it.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am
Trump supporters are not normal political folks. This isn't a dem vs republican thing it's morally broken people who are empowered by Trump. Trump is only a member of the party of himself. He doesn[t give a shit about anyone else. That's the problem and he's hands down the worst peraon to ever take the Oval Office in my lifetime. Even GW Bush and his Dad thinks/thought the guy is a clown and so would Reagan.

I can give a pass to someone who voted for him the first time, but after all the shit he's pulled since it's hard to say the people who don't support him like him for reasons that aren't political. Shitbirds of a feather flock together.

I can handle sitting next to a republican. It's the mouth breathing current Trump fans I have a problem with. He's a worthless sack of shit and so is anyone who currently supports him.
Full disclosure.. I skimmed his screed after he accused me of being a coward.

I liked where he pulled the famous Trump line.. "I have many black friends"... lol

#BaltimoreStrong
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I feel like Wobby was one of those guys the Vikings would have loved to replaced years back but for some odd reason he caught on with fans and with PA (who was like the god father for Wobby's kids)… and in an effort to get him to leave they probably gave him no raises, maybe even cut his pay but this was what he loved doing/all he had etc. I have no idea who Wobby is the person/ the father/ the husband, I know as far as getting Vikings information from him, the guy was over the top with homerism and refused to be questioned when it came to that. I knew when him and Charch got into an argument about Ponder the guy was a joke. He would say whatever to defend a player, even if he was lying to himself. If his political takes are like his Vikings, yikes.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

100%

Yikes.

I gather you aren’t a very educated person.

Best of luck.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:10 am
Herky wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 am

Full disclosure.. I skimmed his screed after he accused me of being a coward.

I liked where he pulled the famous Trump line.. "I have many black friends"... lol
In my experience a good amount of Trump supporters are vocal and love to call out folks. Then when people respond in person their tune changes rather quickly. They suddenly play the victim and act like they are being attacked when they went there with the coward angle.

Cowards and pussies the lot of them.