Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gophers vs. Nebraska

A place to discuss Gopher Spots
feekdogg

Gophers vs. Nebraska

Post by feekdogg »

Big one tonight. After watching what the next two opponents did today, you win tonight and there's no reason not to get to 8-0.
Maryland got pasted in Purdue.
Rutgers got shut out by Indiana. Their QB threw for 1 yard. :lol:
Why Not Us

Re: Gophers vs. Nebraska

Post by Why Not Us »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:29 pm Big one tonight. After watching what the next two opponents did today, you win tonight and there's no reason not to get to 8-0.
Maryland got pasted in Purdue.
Rutgers got shut out by Indiana. Their QB threw for 1 yard. :lol:
1 yard? Shut down the program.

When the heck did the Badgers defense become the 2000 Ravens? They're working on shutout #4 in just 6 games.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I guess I fail to see the BIG hype for this game. Nebraska isn't very good.

This was from todays B10 power rankings.

8. Minnesota Golden Gophers
Last week: 40-17 win vs. Illinois (5-0)

SP+ Ranking: 26

MINNESOTA AIN’T PLAYED NOBODY PAWWWWWL. That being said the Golden Gophers are still undefeated and could very well win their next three in a row, which means they’d head to Happy Valley at 8-0 for a showdown with Penn State. I’d like to see them play a real team before I actually buy into the hype, but the closest thing we’ll get over the next three weeks is Nebraska(?), who they’ll play on Saturday. It’s either the Huskers or Maryland. All Minnesota can do is keep taking care of business against seemingly lesser opponents for now.

They have Nebraska even a few more notches down. All the hype this week about this being a big test?

This Nebraska team isn't good.
Last edited by RubeTube on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:29 pm Rutgers got shut out by Indiana. Their QB threw for 1 yard. :lol:
I had to check out the box score and how do you go 5/13 passing for 1 yard in an entire game?
https://www.espn.com/college-football/b ... =401112162

Through 4 Big Ten games, Rutgers has racked up 7 total points.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 pm I guess I fail to see the BIG hype for this game. Nebraska isn't very good.

MINNESOTA AIN’T PLAYED NOBODY PAWWWWWL. That being said the Golden Gophers are still undefeated and could very well win their next three in a row, which means they’d head to Happy Valley at 8-0 for a showdown with Penn State. I’d like to see them play a real team before I actually buy into the hype, but the closest thing we’ll get over the next three weeks is Nebraska(?), who they’ll play on Saturday. It’s either the Huskers or Maryland. All Minnesota can do is keep taking care of business against seemingly lesser opponents for now.

They have Nebraska even a few more notches down. All the hype this week about this being a big test?

I haven't heard much about this being a big test. There's some concern because this is a potential stumble, but the Gophers are 7 point favorites for a reason.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Big game no matter what. It's a primetime Big 10 game. Ski U Mah!
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Looks like we aren't getting the start of the game. Damn OT's.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

TV crew is having a hell of a time figuring things out. The commentators don't even realize they are on right now.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 pm Looks like we aren't getting the start of the game. Damn OT's.
THIS! :pissed:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Big Dan out.
Fleck full of shit when he said he was just fine.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 pm I guess I fail to see the BIG hype for this game. Nebraska isn't very good.

I haven't heard much about this being a big test. There's some concern because this is a potential stumble, but the Gophers are 7 point favorites for a reason.
Nebraska may not be "good", but they are still big boy football. Its not like Illinois. Its also not some big test like Tube has claimed he's been hearing it is. But it will give us some calibration of where the team is.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Game on FOX Business networkl
bri

Post by bri »

So dumb they should just show the gophers and cornhuskers game in Nebraska and MN . not gonna bother finding fox business
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Great job D! Winfield Jr is a stud :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Rodney bouncing off defenders!!
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Fuck yeah! Go Gophers :naners:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Smart guy said this team is totally different with Smith and Brooks at 100%.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Great start!

Channel 359 on DirecTV
Let's get Tropical
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 pm Smart guy said this team is totally different with Smith and Brooks at 100%.
Completely :beer:
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

Good start.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Let's remember you are dealing with the village idiot. He has probably watched about 10 mins of Gopher football this year. :lol:
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 pm Smart guy said this team is totally different with Smith and Brooks at 100%.
1000 percent accurate.
hategreenticemase

Another spielman fucking MN football fans!
Wall of Sound

Post by Wall of Sound »

yeah baylor

SWITCH THE GAME
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Bob Wiley wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm Good start.
You got that right Bob!
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Our D isn't fucking around tonight :beer:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 pm Our D isn't fucking around tonight :beer:
Just like the Bobby Bell and Carl Eller days!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Targeting?
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Let's remember you are dealing with the village idiot. He has probably watched about 10 mins of Gopher football this year. :lol:
Village idiot is the perfect comparison
hategreenticemase

Jack Hoff wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:08 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Village idiot is the perfect comparison
It's not a comparison as much as it's the title he owns.