Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Official Cousins is a loser thread

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
dennis1

Re: The Official Cousins is a loser thread

Post by dennis1 »

Rothlisberger out for season. Any chance we could get Pittsburgh to take Cousins?
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

Post by FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:01 pm He'll look really good next time he plays a bad team though.

Hahaha that's for sure, I wouldn't call him a loser , But I also wouldn't call him a winner right now either!!
:pissed:
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

dennis1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am Rothlisberger out for season. Any chance we could get Pittsburgh to take Cousins?
We probably could, But who'd we get back ?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 am
dennis1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am Rothlisberger out for season. Any chance we could get Pittsburgh to take Cousins?
We got Mannion. If we could trade Cousins and not have to eat that contract it would be a lifesaver!

I read that we have to eat his salary even in a trade.

Spielman must go!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Good lord people. I was as hard on Cousins yesterday as anybody.

This team is still the best in the division though and they are never going to trade Cousins and start Mannion.

Jesus H Christ.

Quit bitching about Sloter, Teddy, Keenum etc.. They all suck.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:10 pm Good lord people. I was as hard on Cousins yesterday as anybody.

This team is still the best in the division though and they are never going to trade Cousins and start Mannion.

Jesus H Christ.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the crap I took all offseason... Why didn't the Bears game make you guys realize he wasn't gonna work out?

All offseason here... You, Joe, Simpson, Dude, Ash, etc. Telling me to stop worrying about Cousins. How he will be the best. How much of a moron I was for saying that Teddy wasn't really that bad in retrospect.

I am loving it here right now!!! LOVING IT!

People are seeing what I saw last season. Why I was begging for us to draft a quarterback.

You are so boxed that you should just change your name and hide.

#Hoist! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:10 pm Good lord people. I was as hard on Cousins yesterday as anybody.

Jesus H Christ.

All the crap I took all offseason... Why didn't the Bears game make you guys realize he wasn't gonna work out?

All offseason here... You, Joe, Simpson, Dude, Ash, etc. Telling me to stop worrying about Cousins. How he will be the best. How much of a moron I was for saying that Teddy wasn't really that bad in retrospect.

People are seeing what I saw last season. Why I was begging for us to draft a quarterback.

You might have had one up on us but you constantly shouted out names of QBs who are still wprse than Cousins.

He's still better than any QB we had a chance at getting since. I'm just starting to question if you can win it all with this guy.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm
cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Jesus H Christ.

You might have had one up on us but you constantly shouted out names of QBs who are still wprse than Cousins.

He's still better than any QB we had a chance at getting since. I'm just starting to question if you can win it all with this guy.
I don't see the #HOIST ending your statements.

Tell me this finally though... Why did you have such high expectations after he did this same thing against the Bears to end the season? They put in their back ups and he did this. All offseason we could have addressed this. Why not take Haskins? Jackson? A 2nd rounder for Rosen?

Just some hope? I've been saying all offseason that I lost my hope in this team when the Bears killed us with the season on the line. My hope was that maybe Cousins would come out like Bradford did against the Saints and light it up, but he actually looks worse.

I think he led with his head hoping to get hurt and off the field. He is Ricky Bobby!
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:08 pm
We got Mannion. If we could trade Cousins and not have to eat that contract it would be a lifesaver!

Spielman must go!
Yeah we got Mannion but is he much better , I was hoping maybe we could get at least a capable QB ,Like someone mentioned could we try and get Teddy back!!! ??
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Spielman must go!
Yeah we got Mannion but is he much better , I was hoping maybe we could get at least a capable QB ,Like someone mentioned could we try and get Teddy back!!! ??
Maybe it is because when I bring up Teddy some trolls here tear me to shreds, but I have cooled on Teddy. I think the progression was lost with him and I don't see any improvement. We will see with the Saints. I have no idea about Mannion, but I do know that Cousins is getting worse. I was done with Cousins after that Bears game though. I nearly broke my TV when he had nothing against the Bears back ups. I knew this would happen.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Bench the bitch coaches hand picked defense better step it up also
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Bench the bitch coaches hand picked defense better step it up also
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Phrooster wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am Bench the bitch coaches hand picked defense better step it up also
English only please.
FLYING_FINN'SSIDEKICK

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 am
Phrooster wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am Bench the bitch coaches hand picked defense better step it up also
English only please.
Hahah I think that was English but maybe I'm wrong!
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Lets pump it up in here!!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’ve never seen cousins this hot.

But this ain’t the criticism. He’s never been questioned about his ability to make throws, even if he’s doing it currently at a higher level than ever before.

He’s got to answer the big game/prime-time/big spot pressure stuff. That’s the rub. He’s got a great chance to get a start on that this Thursday against a ratty Washington team.

But the only way to shake the “big-game loser” label is to start winning big games. Keep winning the small games and the big ones will come and he’ll have his chance.

Looks great right now, though.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:34 pm I’ve never seen cousins this hot.

But this ain’t the criticism. He’s never been questioned about his ability to make throws, even if he’s doing it currently at a higher level than ever before.

He’s got to answer the big game/prime-time/big spot pressure stuff. That’s the rub. He’s got a great chance to get a start on that this Thursday against a ratty Washington team.

But the only way to shake the “big-game loser” label is to start winning big games. Keep winning the small games and the big ones will come and he’ll have his chance.

He had stretches where he played this well in Washington and did it with a far worse team. Nobody should be terribly surprised he has this in him. Just sayin'.......
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Spielman must go!
Maybe it is because when I bring up Teddy some trolls here tear me to shreds, but I have cooled on Teddy. I think the progression was lost with him and I don't see any improvement. We will see with the Saints. I have no idea about Mannion, but I do know that Cousins is getting worse. I was done with Cousins after that Bears game though. I nearly broke my TV when he had nothing against the Bears back ups. I knew this would happen.
The way Cousins is playing maybe we should change his name to YourDaddy!!!! Haha sorry but I had to, not many people thought he would be playing like this after that stretch of horrendous play. But im glad he is playing good, I hope you're glad too.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:11 pm

He had stretches where he played this well in Washington and did it with a far worse team. Nobody should be terribly surprised he has this in him. Just sayin'.......
In wins?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:57 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:11 pm

In wins?
Alright, if those are the type of numbers you are interested in talking about he was 24-23-1 in his last three seasons (and the only seasons where he wasn't coming out of the bullpen to see game action) in Washington which included a four game winning (3 of them road wins) streak to finish off the 2016 season and get the team into the playoffs. Considering he never had a legitimate receiver or running back (with the exception of Jordan Reed when he actually could take the field) and that the defense is always a shit show, that isn't too shabby. Take into consideration that those teams where at about the level of the 2018 Packers and not even Rodgers could get that team into the playoffs.
ImUrDaddy84

Post by ImUrDaddy84 »

Hes played well against terrible defenses. Sucks when theres any kind of pressure. LEts not act like hes a god again. He played good against shitty team. Thats what hes supposed to do. What he NEEDS to do is lay good against good defenses, which he has not shown.,,And he is DEFINITELY not yourdaddy. ImUrDaddy!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

ImUrDaddy84 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:26 pm Hes played well against terrible defenses. Sucks when theres any kind of pressure. LEts not act like hes a god again. He played good against shitty team. Thats what hes supposed to do. What he NEEDS to do is lay good against good defenses, which he has not shown.,,And he is DEFINITELY not yourdaddy. ImUrDaddy!
No. This TEAM needs to show they can beat a good team. Not just Cousins.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Anyone know where btown is? :lol:
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

PurpleHaze wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:39 pm
cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm
The way Cousins is playing maybe we should change his name to YourDaddy!!!! Haha sorry but I had to, not many people thought he would be playing like this after that stretch of horrendous play. But im glad he is playing good, I hope you're glad too.
I'm glad. I am a Vikings' fan first and much of my bitterness was from that Chicago game where we were thoroughly eliminated from the playoffs. There were years like the force out in Arizona where we barely missed, but in my memory there was never a let down like that Chicago game.

I've said all along that Kubiak is the best offensive coach we have had here in my memory. He made a very broken Manning in Denver win a Super Bowl, so why not Cousins? He is making a scheme for Cousins strengths and not even calling plays that are weaknesses for Cousins. That is a totally different level of offensive designing and playcalling. I think Kubiak and Dennison saved this team and especially saved Spielman's butt.

Teams will counter this though. There are a lot of smart defensive coordinators in the league and they will find a way to stop this. Right now teams are stacking to stop the run and we are throwing deep. Using play action and some great fakes at just the right moment. Cousins rarely is sitting in the pocket, but there was a play yesterday where a blitzer came right at him, he moved slightly, blitzer missed, and then he completed the pass.

It was amazing to see Cousins do that.

I have to eat crow right now because I didn't think this was possible. He is on fire and this offense is nearly unstoppable. We even pissed our first drive away and came back early against the Lions. Everything that was on the list for things we have struggled with has been checked off in the last three games. :oops: I was wrong I guess.
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:08 pm We got Mannion. If we could trade Cousins and not have to eat that contract it would be a lifesaver!

Spielman must go!
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:36 pm
ImUrDaddy84 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:26 pm Hes played well against terrible defenses. Sucks when theres any kind of pressure. LEts not act like hes a god again. He played good against shitty team. Thats what hes supposed to do. What he NEEDS to do is lay good against good defenses, which he has not shown.,,And he is DEFINITELY not yourdaddy. ImUrDaddy!
No. This TEAM needs to show they can beat a good team. Not just Cousins.
:beer:
In Kwesi we trust.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:01 pm
cunningham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:08 pm We got Mannion. If we could trade Cousins and not have to eat that contract it would be a lifesaver!

Spielman must go!
I guess I just didn't have enough faith. You win today.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Cousins

9-12 of passing 3rd downs.

Guess that kept the "Sticks moving" huh Cunningham.

Bwhahahaa
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:15 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Oh. That would be enjoyable but I don’t share your optimism.
I’m not calling it. I’m just saying a 5pt loss @ Green Bay does automatically mean 8-8 or worse to me.

But Cousins’ long-standing inability come through in big games does mean no confetti this year. Until he proves otherwise.
I looked at the schedule: 10 wins is not happening.

@ Seattle
@ Chicago
@KC
@SD
@Dallas
Philly at home

The first three are losses. They will be big games and Cousins will be awful. Of the three after that, they might win one or two but I would bet on 1 at most.

The 5 pt loss as GB isn't simply a 5 pt loss. It is a further demonstration that Cousins doesn't have it and Zimmer's inability to get his defense ready to play at the opening after a week when the defense dominates. Zimmer admitted that he was fighting that attitude all week and yet, he still failed. If Zimmer was aware that his team was getting haughty hearing "this team is back" all last week, then he failed miserably countering it. (As he did in Philly last year)
Whoops!! :naners:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Hornets wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:26 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:15 pm

I’m not calling it. I’m just saying a 5pt loss @ Green Bay does automatically mean 8-8 or worse to me.

But Cousins’ long-standing inability come through in big games does mean no confetti this year. Until he proves otherwise.
I looked at the schedule: 10 wins is not happening.

@ Seattle
@ Chicago
@KC
@SD
@Dallas
Philly at home

The first three are losses. They will be big games and Cousins will be awful. Of the three after that, they might win one or two but I would bet on 1 at most.

The 5 pt loss as GB isn't simply a 5 pt loss. It is a further demonstration that Cousins doesn't have it and Zimmer's inability to get his defense ready to play at the opening after a week when the defense dominates. Zimmer admitted that he was fighting that attitude all week and yet, he still failed. If Zimmer was aware that his team was getting haughty hearing "this team is back" all last week, then he failed miserably countering it. (As he did in Philly last year)
Whoops!! :naners:
Happy to be wrong.