Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

APOLOGIZE

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Cobey
Trouble

APOLOGIZE

Post by Cobey »

D_H

Re: APOLOGIZE

Post by D_H »

Lolololololol
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Never bought into the hate. He's by far the least talented of the outfielders, but everyone should understand that. As such expectations for him shouldn't be high. We could do worse for a 4th outfielder (like Robbie Grossman). In other words, shouldn't hate him because he's not a perennial all star.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Kiss it!
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

I never understood the hate either he is a 4th OFer any production we get from a back up is gravy.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Who the hell hated on Cave? He was great last year. What else would you want from OF depth in the playoffs? Great fielder who can hit a bit and run? 50 HR's?
D_H

Post by D_H »

Starting to really like this kid.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Clearly the CF of the present and future.
Should have dealt Bust-ton.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Bump
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

He has a higher OPS than Rosario this season.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

He's the 5th OF'r on this team, and people were complaining about him. Even before the offensive breakout, just a ridiculous thing to complain about.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:12 pm He has a higher OPS than Rosario this season.
Smaller sample size... Come on now. Now, if he can do what he's been doing over a long period of time, as a full time player. Then yeah, we can have that chat at that point.

Rosario is what he is. A solid ball player. He can be streaky, isn't the greatest at getting on base (his on base percentage has always been shite), but he's a solid left fielder and be clutch as hell at the plate despite his streakiness.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Vendetta11 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:29 am
Small Hands wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:12 pm He has a higher OPS than Rosario this season.
Smaller sample size... Come on now. Now, if he can do what he's been doing over a long period of time, as a full time player. Then yeah, we can have that chat at that point.

Rosario is what he is. A solid ball player. He can be streaky, isn't the greatest at getting on base (his on base percentage has always been shite), but he's a solid left fielder and be clutch as hell at the plate despite his streakiness.
I'm not insinuating that Cave is better. I just thought it was interesting. Rosario's inability to lay off pitches does bother me. He has such quick hands. Imagine if he was a little selective at the plate. He'd be a perennial all-star.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:37 am
I'm not insinuating that Cave is better. I just thought it was interesting. Rosario's inability to lay off pitches does bother me. He has such quick hands. Imagine if he was a little selective at the plate. He'd be a perennial all-star.
I don't disagree with you there. He frustrates me too, but he does a lot of good overall. He's been a good teammate, and he has that fire in his belly as a competitor.

I'm not sure if I would have him in the 4 slot though within the lineup. I get it from the perspective that traditionally a manager would have Sano batting cleanup (especially the way he has been hitting lately, and getting on base), but I am sure Rocco wants to split up his right handed mashers by having Rosario hit after Cruz.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

He was trying to hit mammoth shots during each at bat and recklessly throwing missiles from the OF to try to stick around.

This time around, he knows his stint is longer and showing a bit of what he's been doing at AAA all year. Apparently, the guy started playing ball very late, so he's a novice in the nuance department (unlike me).
Ketchup can be nuancy
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Then we could have another Joe Mauer? Sweet.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Thrillkill wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:31 am

Then we could have another Joe Mauer? Sweet.
All or nothing. No middle ground, right?

I'm not saying he should stop being aggressive, but he swings at everything.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:08 am He was trying to hit mammoth shots during each at bat and recklessly throwing missiles from the OF to try to stick around.

This time around, he knows his stint is longer and showing a bit of what he's been doing at AAA all year. Apparently, the guy started playing ball very late, so he's a novice in the nuance department (unlike me).
Shut it, nerd and apologize to the man
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Cobey wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 pm
Ask Not wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:08 am He was trying to hit mammoth shots during each at bat and recklessly throwing missiles from the OF to try to stick around.

Shut it, nerd and apologize to the man
Sorry Jake. :oops:
Ketchup can be nuancy
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

His facial hair IS well manicured......sorry?!
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

SHOW YOURSELVES!
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:03 pm Image

Kiss it!
Apologiiiizeee...
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

With Buxton's return tomorrow, how could you possibly bench Cave right now?
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Cobey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:19 am With Buxton's return tomorrow, how could you possibly bench Cave right now?
Who should they sit?
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Slim Shady wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 am
Cobey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:19 am With Buxton's return tomorrow, how could you possibly bench Cave right now?
Who should they sit?
That's the difficulty of the situation they find themselves in, I suppose. Not a bad problem to have, I suppose. I'd almost suggest keeping Buxton on the pine right now. Cave is swinging a hot bat at the moment.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Cobey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 am
Who should they sit?
That's the difficulty of the situation they find themselves in, I suppose. Not a bad problem to have, I suppose. I'd almost suggest keeping Buxton on the pine right now. Cave is swinging a hot bat at the moment.
If Buxton is healthy, you have to start him. His defense alone makes him more of an asset than Cave. We need all the defensive help we can get with Homer Bailey on the bump.
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Right? Kepler is something like 0-11 since his 2nd AB of the year. That's like 0-88 in a normal year. Sit his ass.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 am
Cobey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 am

Who should they sit?
If Buxton is healthy, you have to start him. His defense alone makes him more of an asset than Cave. We need all the defensive help we can get with Homer Bailey on the bump.
Hows that working out for you?

Cave makes that catch 10 times out of 10.