Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

We actually turned down a Buxton /Syndergaard trade huh

A place to discuss the MN Twins
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: We actually turned down a Buxton /Syndergaard trade huh

Post by HeHateMe »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:39 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:32 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:23 pm Even though our record is way better with him,we could get by without Buxton. It was a tough decision in theory. We have the OF depth to do it. But I'm still glad we kept him. If he could put together a full season and reach 30 dong power he's an MVP caliber player.

I still don't think the Mets were seriously demanding Buxton. I think that was their initial asking price and Twins brass simply said "they asked for Buxton" so they could end talks completely and get the fans to shut up about it.
This is the thing... You don't trade Buxton for Thor unless you are going to ink Thor to a extension. He was already offered a deal that the Pohlads will never pay and turned it down betting on himself to get even more.

The Pohlads are never going to pony up that money for a player of that caliber. That is why they didn't and you can't trade Buxton for Thor.
Yea, and when it comes down to it, I think we probably could've had Thor without giving up Buxton. They just told us they were demanding Buxton so they didn't have to even try to make a deal. They did the same kind of shit in the offseason with Keuchel.

I also think they don't want to deal Kiriloff so they can let Rosario go and then have him slide into that spot without a huge drop off and save upwards of 20 mil.

Bastards.
They will trade Rosario in the offseason IMO.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Dumb
salamander

Post by salamander »

D_H wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:52 pmDumb
We actually turned down a Gratoral / Syndergaard trade as well.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

When will Buxton actually live up to his hype?

I see this being a problem again next year. Should have dealt him and resigned Noah.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm When will Buxton actually live up to his hype?

I see this being a problem again next year. Should have dealt him and resigned Noah.
Wrong thread
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

It's time to put the focus first and foremost on pitching... anything and everything to get better pitching and fill in where needed with the bats. You can sign veteran hitters all the time who can produce. Veteran pitchers who demand a lower salary rarely turn out.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
D_H

Post by D_H »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:05 am It's time to put the focus first and foremost on pitching... anything and everything to get better pitching and fill in where needed with the bats. You can sign veteran hitters all the time who can produce. Veteran pitchers who demand a lower salary rarely turn out.
:clap: