Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Jim Kaat > Justin Morneau > Marney Gellner > Dick Bremer

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Zambonee Guy

Re: Jim Kaat > Justin Morneau > Marney Gellner > Dick Bremer

Post by Zambonee Guy »

He always seemed to sugar-coat the rough years of the 90's, but he kinda grew on me the last ten years and I've come to appreciate him and his passion for Twins baseball.

I'm curious to see who is going to replace him.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Cory Provus or bust.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Bremer has been doing weekly appearances on 93X for the past couple of years. When he did his last show a couple of weeks ago, there were certainly no indications given that he was even thinking about retiring. Maybe he changed his mind very recently, but this seems to me like it wasn't his choice.
Zambonee Guy

Post by Zambonee Guy »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:48 am Bremer has been doing weekly appearances on 93X for the past couple of years. When he did his last show a couple of weeks ago, there were certainly no indications given that he was even thinking about retiring. Maybe he changed his mind very recently, but this seems to me like it wasn't his choice.
I'm wondering if it had to do with Diamond Sports Group/Bally bankruptcy
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:47 am Cory Provus or bust.
can't believe it's going to be anybody else. big loss for the radio listeners if it is though. the old neighbor loses the wolves and now about to lose provus? double trouble.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:54 pm
can't believe it's going to be anybody else. big loss for the radio listeners if it is though. the old neighbor loses the wolves and now about to lose provus? double trouble.
That's the easy answer. But he also works for BTN and takes off a few weekends from baseball in the fall to go and call football. Would they let him do that as the TV guy?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Kris Atteberry can slide into Provus' spot seamlessly. I like him alot too. He's been working with Dazzle since the 00's.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:03 pm
So, this wasn't "Thanks for 40 years", this was "Pack your shit and get out".
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:07 pm
Kris Atteberry can slide into Provus' spot seamlessly. I like him alot too. He's been working with Dazzle since the 00's.

yes kris is real good too.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:48 am Bremer has been doing weekly appearances on 93X for the past couple of years. When he did his last show a couple of weeks ago, there were certainly no indications given that he was even thinking about retiring. Maybe he changed his mind very recently, but this seems to me like it wasn't his choice.
"Im going to retire but still work in the front office...."

Or:

"Hey, you still have some tread left of your contract Dick. How about we let someone else come in and you go work in the front office now"

I'd say he got nudged out to bring in Provus before he splits.

Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

I'd definitely be in favor of Cory as the new PXP guy. Hell, bring Gladden with him. Though it WOULD make it tough on the radio side.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Phil Leotardo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:44 pm I'd definitely be in favor of Cory as the new PXP guy. Hell, bring Gladden with him. Though it WOULD make it tough on the radio side.
One theory I've read says they're trying to save $, and the radio broadcast will just be a simulcast of TV.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:17 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:44 pm I'd definitely be in favor of Cory as the new PXP guy. Hell, bring Gladden with him. Though it WOULD make it tough on the radio side.
One theory I've read says they're trying to save $, and the radio broadcast will just be a simulcast of TV.
that would be garbage, two really different mediums. i cant see even the twins doing that. maybe oakland or tb lol
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Dick and Bert were classic, and its sad the Twins just let them both go with basically no notice to the fans. 40 years and this happens in the offseason when no one is paying attention?
Zambonee Guy

Post by Zambonee Guy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am Dick and Bert were classic, and its sad the Twins just let them both go with basically no notice to the fans. 40 years and this happens in the offseason when no one is paying attention?
Something isn't adding up. Kinda felt like this was a surprise to Dick but then the Twins bring him back on as an ambassador? Glad there was some sort of mutual agreement.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Zambonee Guy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:55 am
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:05 am Dick and Bert were classic, and its sad the Twins just let them both go with basically no notice to the fans. 40 years and this happens in the offseason when no one is paying attention?
Something isn't adding up. Kinda felt like this was a surprise to Dick but then the Twins bring him back on as an ambassador? Glad there was some sort of mutual agreement.
I'm sure that was part of the deal. Dick moves on, they give him a cushy, part-time job, he doesn't bad mouth the team on his way out. It was mutual in that they give him something, he carries on in a limited capacity with the team, and the broadcast goes in a different direction.
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:36 am
Is he drinking water? Because that would be peak Dick ''best darn sports show, period.'' Bremer.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Cory Provus will be new Twins TV voice; Kris Atteberry to take over radio play-by-play
Where the Twins games will be televised is still unclear, but the team will still have
familiar voices Cory Provus and Kris Atteberry behind the TV and radio microphones
after Dick Bremer's departure.

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-t ... 600323701/
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:42 am

Cory Provus will be new Twins TV voice; Kris Atteberry to take over radio play-by-play
Where the Twins games will be televised is still unclear, but the team will still have
familiar voices Cory Provus and Kris Atteberry behind the TV and radio microphones

This is the way.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

LFG :clap:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:22 am

LFG :clap:
:clap: :clap:

LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Phil Leotardo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:50 am

This is the way.
Agreed.
My body, my choice.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Worsiest Twins news I've heard in a long time. He and Gladdy were magic. Atteberry is unlistenable. Cory is great, but he's not good enough to get me to sit on my couch in the summer.

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Will we hear more about the end of Bremer's tenure? Seems like it wasn't his choice and wonder if an age discrimination issue is being pursued? I'll miss him, just like I missed Herb Carneal and Halsey Hall....I even kinda miss Gordo!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

Hornets wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:01 pm Will we hear more about the end of Bremer's tenure? Seems like it wasn't his choice and wonder if an age discrimination issue is being pursued? I'll miss him, just like I missed Herb Carneal and Halsey Hall....I even kinda miss Gordo!
Definitely not while Bremer's still collecting checks from 1 Twins Way, if ever.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I like Marney Gellner. Make Twins Announcing Great Again. MTAGA for Marney!!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:54 am I like Marney Gellner. Make Twins Announcing Great Again. MTAGA for Marney!!
Fuck off, you're a Dodgers fan now.

salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:58 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:54 am I like Marney Gellner. Make Twins Announcing Great Again. MTAGA for Marney!!
:lol: That's fair.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:07 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:58 pm
:lol: That's fair.
:beer: